It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #1

Tommy316 HB User
I need some help & advice.

Hello everybody, I'm a 15 year old, uncircumsized, male. I have been worrying about my penis and it's appearance for some time now, and I need some advice. First off, on my foreskin (the part which would be removed if I was circumsized) I have this thin browny pink line, it is growing ON the skin, so it's not a part of it and it goes from about the middle of my penis to the tip of my penis. What could this be?

Secondly, the whole skin color of my penis is changing to a brown color, and I have a bigger patch of skin on the back of my penis which is even browner. What could this be?

Thirdly, I have literally hundreds of little white pimple-like spots, but they do look like warts, which is what worries me. These are covering my scrotum and the back of my penis and the ones on my penis have tiny little hairs growing out of them. Any ideas of what these could be?

Fourthly, I have little white spot like things growing in the lower part of my penis head. What could these be?

My penis also has a vile smell to it whenever I pull my foreskin back. The smell is only there after my foreskin has been over my penis head for a long period of time. I wash every day. Is there anyway to get rid of this smell permanently.

I would appreciate any help on how to identify each of these things that I have on my penis. Any advice, also would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't informed my parents about my problem and I am considering to go and see a doctor in private soon so maybe he could diagnose my situation.

Thanks,
Tommy.

Last edited by Tommy316; 10-13-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: I need some help & advice.

Hey bud, all of that sounds totally normal to me. I'm uncut too so I understand your equipment and what you're seeing there. No reason to visit the doc at all! I'm not really sure about that "line" can you tell us more about it, always been there, more visible when erect and stuff like that. As we age our penis skin may change color or texture, just like other places on our body. I wouldn't worry about it at all, just like the other skin...you'll have patches, blotches and such, nothing to worry about. Those little pimple like things are normal as well, either pubic hair follicles or sebaceous glands...and we've all got them. They may or may not have a pube in them and sometimes they will even get a bit impacted and will appear to be a small pimple. While its best to leave them alone if they get that way, they can be popped just like you would any other pimple. If you choose to do that, keep things clean and watch for any signs of infection and such.

I suspect that those "things" growing on the head of your penis. I suspect this is what is called Pearly Penile Papules, usually arranged in rows around the rim of the head of your penis. Again, something normal for many of us uncut guys. You did nothing to get them and there is nothing to do to get rid of them, simply part of the deal. If you'd like, do a web search on that condition and you'll probably be able to find some pics to confirm it. I can't send you to another sight, sorry. But don't give them another thought.

About that smell, it can be awful! As uncut guys we have whats called smegma, while cut penises have some of this, their penises don't "hold it" in with a foreskin and it is easily removed during the day/night. Our foreskin needs the smegma to help the foreskin move easily on the head so it doesn't get stuck. Sometimes it will actually build up and appear to be a moist substance that you can see...other times its invisible. However, it does create quite the smell and you need to keep things really clean under there to help with this. Sometimes you need to wash under there several times a day, also sometimes a bit of urine will get trapped there too and that doesn't help any. So, everyday, at least once a day retract your foreskin and wash under the foreskin and on the head of your penis really good. This should help with that. Again buddy, totally normal.

It sounds to me like you're doing good with your penis. Lots of guys don't retract their foreskins, don't clean under there and don't pay much attention to it...then they really have to work at stretching the foreskin and such. Just remember that your foreskin needs to move easily over the head of your penis and onto the shaft while erect, this will help with sexual intercourse and all sorts of things.

Please feel free to ask any other questions, we're glad to help!

Old 10-13-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey Tommy316. I agree with everything Lance has said.

About the "... thin browny pink line, it is growing ON the skin, so it's not a part of it and it goes from about the middle of my penis to the tip of my penis". You are probably describing the "raphe", which can go from the tip of the penis right down the under-side including along the middle of the scrotum.

You'll notice that all of your concerns and worries can be answered logically and simply. It is normal and natural to be concerned about these things at your age (and beyond!). Asking questions is a good way to find peace of mind. I'm sure your dad would appreciate it if you talked to him about this stuff, too, even though I know how embarrassing it is to approach parents.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Yeah, many dads consider it an honor to be able to talk with you about such things.

Do you have a dad you can talk to about this and other very personal things?

Old 10-14-2004, 12:05 AM   #5

Tommy316 HB User

Thanks very much for the help Lance, MrOwl and Fles. It has most definately put my mind at rest. I figured I would need to do something about all of this pretty soon because me and my girlfriend are getting to that stage where we will no doubt start to have sex soon as I turn 16 (The legal age here in England) next month.

So you don't think I would need to visit a doctor about these? I'm not doubting you guys or anything; I fully believe what you've told me already.

As for the line on the back of my penis, I can't think of another way of describing it.

I've never had sex, but have experienced oral, that's why I was getting really worried, but I know that my girlfriend doesn't have anything which I could catch from her.

I'm not really close with my mom or dad, so I would most definately not feel comfortable speaking to them about such a subject.

Thanks ever so much for your help, you wouldn't believe how much it has helped, and how much better I now feel knowing that the possibility is that nothing is up with my penis.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

After reading the other response on that "line" I believe he his correct. When we are conceived and cell division takes place there is a somewhat visible left over line that runs up the middle of the scrotum and up the penis for some of us. That said, everything you're describing is totally normal and there is no reason for you to see a doc, unless you feel like it and want to have a professional check things out. Please feel free to keep in touch with us, ask other questions and get information, sorry you're not close enough to your folks to chat with them about things. We're here if you need anything!

Old 10-14-2004, 05:47 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Tommy, you say, "So you don't think I would need to visit a doctor about these?" No, you don't need to see a doctor about the things you mentioned in your first post.

You should pull back your foreskin every time you shower (which should be at least once a day) and wash that whole area. I use a mild soap, lather up well, and rinse it off thoroughly. I leave my foreskin retracted until I get out of the shower. I dry the area thoroughly with a towel, and then push the foreskin forwards again over the penis head. Some guys get an inflamed or irritated foreskin from soap, so it's ok to use just water and your fingers to clean the area thoroughly.

Also, it's a good idea to pull back your foreskin when you pee because it's cleaner that way.

You need to use a condom every time you have sex. Make sure you pull back your foreskin behind the rim of the penis head before you roll on the condom.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #8

Tommy316 HB User

Yeah, I shower twice a day, and I do wash my penis quite a lot, looks like I'll have to wash even more.

I will be using a condom when I have sex, but is it possible that my symptons could be caught by my girlfriend? Even if I am using a condom, this would really scare me if my girlfriend could catch what I have, even if it is apparently normal.

I have recieved head off her, is she in danger?

Will the Pearly Penile Papules ever go away?

Thanks, once again for the help everybody. I really appreciate it.

Oh and I do apologize for posting this thread in the wrong forum, thanks to whoever moved it.

Last edited by Tommy316; 10-14-2004 at 03:17 PM.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey Tommy. None of the things you mentioned about your penis are contagious, so your gf can't "catch" anything you have described by having oral or vaginal sex with you. The only thing that can happen is that she could become pregnant -- condoms are not 100% safe and their effectiveness depends to a large extent on the user. So be careful.

Pearly Penile Papules are permanent. The only treatment that seems to remove them is laser treatment, but I don't know whether it is a permanent solution.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

pearly penile papules, if that is what they are, are nerve endings. they are perfectly normal. many circumcised guys have them, too.
as to the smell, if you are already washing once a day, that should be enough for most guys. if it is a fishy smell, then there is semen, or precum, breaking down under the foreskin. smegma takes a while to build up, typically, but not always. if you are not seeing any smegma, and there's no chance that it is semen or precum under the foreskin, it might be worth a trip to the doctor. gardnerella is one condition which can make a man stink.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:50 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thanks for that, Tommy124. I was not aware of gardnerella. However, all websites I have searched for this term indicate that gardnerella is an infection of the vagina than can be transmitted to the penis via vaginal sex. Tommy316 has not had sex with his gf. Can you give us any more information on gardnerella please?

Old 10-14-2004, 11:57 PM   #12

Tommy316 HB User

Thanks to everybody's input on this subject, I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I know the dangers of getting her pregnant, I'm going to pull out so the chances of her getting pregnant would be minimal.

Old 10-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #13

Tommy316 HB User

Is masturbation safe whilst I have these things on my penis? I mean doing it myself and getting my girlfriend to do it for me.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:16 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yes Tommy316, masturbation is perfectly safe for both you and your partner.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:29 AM   #15

Tommy316 HB User

Thank you.

Closed Thread