It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 05:57 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Large, painful lump in pubic area

I'm here on behalf of my boyfriend, so hopefully, guys, you can help me out, becuase I'm a little worried about this weird thing he noticed down south.

Yesterday my boyfriend asked me to look at something on his groin - it's a zit-looking red-purplish lump about the diameter of a pencil eraser, with the surrounding skin (about 1/4 inch from the lump itself) red as well. The lump has no hair on it and appears glossy on the top, and is very painful.

Today I looked at it and it looked almost black O.o I haven't a clue what this thing is. My boyfriend is still a virgin so I can rule out any STDs. My only guess about this lump is that it's a really infected hair follicle. He does not shave his pubic hair, so I don't quite know how it COULD be infected.

He's had this mystery lump intruding on his groin for about a week now, and it's really creeping him out. I'd make him go to a doctor, but he's very shy and doesn't like being touched in that area for any reason (unless it's by me ).

Guys, any guesses on what it could be?

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's insights on this.

Dark Stranger - concerned girlfriend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 08:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User
Re: Large, painful lump in pubic area

Put heat on it and see if it relieves some of the pain. It may come to a head, where if you squeeze slightly, pus or fluid may come out and relieve some pressure. It sounds like furniculosis or an infected follicle.

Regards,
CancerDad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
(male)

loverboy HB User

hi,
im the boyfriend of this girl. today when i went to the bathroom i guess it poped and now its bleeding do u know why it is doing that? the blood went through my undies and onto my pants pockets. so i dunno what it is? plz help me id very much appreciate it.

loverboy - worried

Old 11-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverboy
hi,
im the boyfriend of this girl. today when i went to the bathroom i guess it poped and now its bleeding do u know why it is doing that? the blood went through my undies and onto my pants pockets. so i dunno what it is? plz help me id very much appreciate it.

loverboy - worried
Don't freak... that's what the heat would have helped to move along. Just make sure it continues draining, and use an antibiotic ointment. You can also still try the heat to see if you draw any more pus/fluid and blood from it.

Does it feel better or worse? If better, good news and I would continue as I said. If it feels worse, go see a doctor.

Best of luck.
CancerDad

Old 11-19-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Good advice! Next time get the antibiotic ointment going as soon as you notice something. Also make sure your underwear is clean each day and not too tight fitting.

If you have to wear a lot of tight stuff there, then a little bit Gold Bond Powder really helps!

Closed Thread