It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Burning Pain In testicle

About 5 day's ago i started to get a burning pain in my right testicle and the top of my leg, my doctor said it could be an infection and gave me some antibiotics, he told me to visit him again if i see no improvement, has anybody else suffered with this problem and if so how long should it take the antibiotics to kick in and see off this pain.
I also have a cyst in my testicle which was diagnosed in January while having an ultrasound.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

nbden HB User
Re: Burning Pain In testicle

Epididymitis can be very painful, and take awhile to fully heal. After your course of anti-bitoics, it may take 4-6 weeks for the pain and inflamation to fully go away. I suggest an anti_inflamitory such as motrin IB, or get your Doctor to prescribe Prednisone for inflamation. If you do not feel 100% better, or end up getting the problem again, it could be a sign of Chronic Epididymitis in which case, the only fully recoverable option is surgery.. I am getting ready to go through the procedure myself after a year of pain. Good luck to you, and I hope yours goes away..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

nbden HB User

Oh yeah, and about the cyst, or cysts.. All men eventually get them, just make sure they check them out annually to make sure they do not change.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Hi,
Thankyou for replying to my post your answer has eased my mind, I am just about to finish my course of antibiotics and the pain has eased although not completely so i will re visit my doctor and see what he suggests.

Cheers and good luck

Old 04-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Just an update incase any of you guys are suffering from a similar problem, I'm pleased to say that the pain did clear up a day or so after finishing the course of antibiotics but just to be on the safe side i have asked my doctor to refer me for another ultrasound, i will let you know how i get on but being in the UK it will probably take me about 2 months to get an appointment lol.

Closed Thread