It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
(male)

mntnbiker HB User
Red, Itchy Sore in Crotch

I have had this small, red, itchy sore in my crotch for the past several months. I am a cyclist and at first thought it was just a little acne, but it took longer than normal for the visible, 2 or 3 zit-like bumps to go away. Though the raised bumps went away, a little red spot, perhaps a few milimeters in diameter, remained along with the itchy feeling. Sometime this small red spot is barely visible, in fact, my proctologist could not even see it, but I could still feel discomfort.
I went to a dermatologist a few weeks ago and he was certain it was an ingrown hair and prescribed an oral anti-biotic and topical cream. It did not help so I went back (about 5 days ago) and he gave me a stronger cream. That afternoon, believe it or not, a new red bump appeared. It looks like a pimple, I even applied a hot compress and tried to pop it, hoping it was a zit, but no luck. I have been using the stronger cream, and the bump is getting smaller like the first one, but that nagging itch remains.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User
Re: Red, Itchy Sore in Crotch

I would see a different doc if they basicly say "nothing's there" - it could be nothing BUT why take a chance!
Keil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
(male)

Barrygood HB User
Thumbs up Re: Red, Itchy Sore in Crotch

Hello.......Yes you should see a different Dermatologist, someone who is more intelligent and who can give you a correct diagnosis so that the problen can be treated, It might be "Fungus", which is more persistent and difficult to treat, and does have the symptoms of an annoying and constant "itch". Since the groin is an area that is warm, dark and moist.....the ideal growing conditions for Fungus prevail.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 AM   #4
(male)

Agony_Male24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrygood
Hello.......Yes you should see a different Dermatologist, someone who is more intelligent and who can give you a correct diagnosis so that the problen can be treated, It might be "Fungus", which is more persistent and difficult to treat, and does have the symptoms of an annoying and constant "itch". Since the groin is an area that is warm, dark and moist.....the ideal growing conditions for Fungus prevail.
Hi im Trevor i think i have the same problem but in me testicule area like when ive been working i will come home and really give me testicule area a good scratch abit like clawing sometimes it gets that itchy and im in the bath every night like and its red raw like and in agony what do ya fink i should do been to the doctors and he just gives me NYSTAN Cream for it but it doesnt do the job any other medication would be appericated wot would work wonders?

Old 10-31-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

Trevor,
Sounds like you tend to sweat a lot... and that area is warm and a great place for fungis to grow! Like I said try weaaring boxes or boxes briefs and use powder to keep the area dry
Keil

Old 11-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
(male)

mntnbiker HB User

Well, I went to another doctor yesterday. He is my old dermatologist, an older man (I value experience and wisdom highly), and I paid cash because he is not in my insurance network.
Anyway, he took a really close look at this thing and, much to my regret, could not say anything more that what he thinks it is and what he thinks it is not. He thinks it is some kind of folliculitis and not a latent STD. He gave me some samples of 2% hydrocortisone and 1% something else cream, called No****rt. Man, it felt great all day yesterday with a little of that stuff on it, but today, the sensation of itching is off and on. I have been keeping it clean and applying the new stuff, but I only have about 2 days worth of samples.
Hopefullly it wil go away because its driving me friggen nuts!
If anyone hears of something similar, please update or email me directly: ( removed - no emails )

Last edited by moderator2; 11-04-2005 at 08:16 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules

Closed Thread