HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Men's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/mens-health/)
-   -   cuts on penis won't heal: HELP! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/mens-health/356633-cuts-penis-wont-heal-help.html)

fixer 01-12-2006 11:33 PM

cuts on penis won't heal: HELP!

ok...i'm a little scared

i have three tiny vertical cuts on my penis, i do not know how they got there. the cuts are located on the shaft, just below the head. the thing is, when i'm limp, the skin rolls up to partially cover the head. now when i urinate, i obviously pull all the skin back, and then dry off. but everytime i pull the skin back to urinate, i feel the cuts are split open again, and don't get a chance to heal. same as with an erection, it feels as if the cuts are splitting, and not given a chance to heal.
now ive gone to the extreme of buying "band aid liquid bandage" as it is flexible, and apparently is waterproof. but it doesn't seem to be healing the cuts at all, just creating a bit of a mess as the bandage wears off.
i have had this problem for a week now, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. i obviously know i have to abstain from sex and *********ion, but theres still the problem of (a) pulling the skin back to urinate and (b) erections

some much needed help is appreciated on recommended creams or pills, etc.

Geoff B 01-13-2006 05:43 AM

Re: cuts on penis won't heal: HELP!

You probably have a yeast or fungal infection. Go to a pharmacy and buy a tube of cream designed for women's genitals to fix the problem. Sometimes a fungicide/ Hydrocortisone mix like "Fungocort" is the best way to cure this sort of problem.
Best of luck,
Geoff

tommy124 01-13-2006 10:17 AM

It could also be Bowenoid Papulosis, if you've been exposed to the HPV virus.

Ornament 01-13-2006 06:50 PM

:wave:
Hmm, could be herpes....what has your sexual history been like?? Only cause you mentioned "papercuts"....No partners - ever, no sexual activity @ all, via oral or vaginal???? :eek: then it CAN'T be herpes.......
Just Wondering, :bouncing: -shinyOrn

fixer 01-15-2006 10:30 AM

hey thanx for your replies, i also thought it was thrush and did some research on it. scared me, becos theres a history of diabetes in my family, and apparently thrush is more apparent in ppl with diabetes.

but no thankfully, i just let mother nature do her work and the cuts have healed up. silly me couldn't abstain from sex/masturbation before, so a couple of days without it, and carefully not pulling the skin back too far (and also ********* to tell erections to go away lol), i found myself yesterday morning checking to see the progress and all was good.

still though, i don't know what caused it before and it could possibly happen in the near future. i found lubrication to be quite helpful in sex & masturbation because i never used it before.

thank you

tommy124 01-15-2006 10:42 AM

glad to hear it.