It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
(male)

jaboop35 HB User
Testicle Issue

hey everyone. this is something that has me kinda concerned. a few days ago when i was examing my testicles i realized that on the one i have something that feels like a vein. its not really a lump, isnt painful, and seems to then extend off of the testicle. i dont think its really a lump, but then i started to get this pain in my lower abdomen, sorta like a dull ache. it could be a muscle pull but i dont really know. i guess my first question is, is it normal to have veins that move around on your testicles? and what exactly does a lump feel like, size and shape? also what could be causing the lower abdominal symptoms?

any help would be appreciated as im pretty concerned about all of this.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Testicle Issue

If you have a vein in the scrotum then you should get it checked by a urologist. I dont think they are that uncommon and most likely it is harmless but it can be a sign of a blockage in the kidney on that side.

Lumps due to testicular cancer can vary in size and shape and would be on the testicle itself most likely. If you try to move the lump you can not because it is attached to the testicle. I have some cysts near the testicle that are small lumps (pea sized or smaller) which I can move around separate from the testicle. Still I had them checked by a urologist to make sure it was not cancer.

Was the dull pain after you were examining yourself? The testicles can be so sensitive, the pain just sounds like a mild discomfort due to your palpating them. If so I would expect it to go away within a day or two if not sooner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
(male)

jaboop35 HB User

thanks for the reply hayfarmer. the pain actually started before i noticed the vein thing. it kinda is toward the top of the testicle and sorta wraps around it, so its technically not really a lump, more like a thin line. then at the end it seems to come off of the testicle and then go into the sack like thing at the one end of the testicle, the epididymis i think its called. maybe its always been there, but maybe i never noticed it. i go to the doctor in a month, is this something i should have checked immediately, or can it wait a month do you guys think? thanks for any replies.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

I think if you dont have the same situation on the other side then you should have your doctor check it out just to be safe. It does not sound like a lump so I doubt waiting a month will hurt but that is really a decision you have to make. Maybe someone with more experience with something like this will comment. If youre really stressed about it then go sooner, if for no other reason so you can stop worrying.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
(male)

jaboop35 HB User

thanks again hayfarmer. i doubt its a lump, obviously since it seems to be long and threadlike. ive also been experiencing slight soreness on my inner legs but that may be because ive started to do alot more walking out in the neighborhood recently, so they may just not be used to it. hopefully its not all related. anyone else have an opinion?

Closed Thread