It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
(male)

Mr.Spock HB User
Lump on right testicle

Hi all

I'm 19 and about 3 days ago I noticed some discomfort in my testicle area. Upon self examination I noticed a small, hard pea sized lump attached to the testicle itself (I pulled on it to make sure it was attached) under the skin.

I waited a day and when it didn't get any better went to the ER and saw a doctor. He examined the testicle and said he couldn't feel anything, so when I went to show him I couldn't find it either. He said I might just be touching in a way that makes it feel like a bump but referred me to a ultrasound.

I had the ultrasound this morning and the person who did it said they didn't notice anything. But then when she showed it to a doctor he said it was a epididymal cyst 5 mm in diameter. All my reasearch says an epididymal cyst should be soft, but mine is very hard. Also I have severe lower back pain which is said to be a sign of cancer.

My question is how positive can they be based on an ultrasound alone it's a cyst and not a tumor? She didn't seem to concearned but I am, I have a doctors appointment Wednesday where I am going to ask to have it removed and biaopsed.

If anyone can say anything to ease my mind it would help, I've only slept about 4 hours in the last 3 days because of my stress, I'm terrorified of it being cancer.

Last edited by Mr.Spock; 04-30-2006 at 08:04 PM.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Lump on right testicle

I really don't have anything for you, I'm sorry but, I just wanted to comment if you don't mind. I understand your being stressed, but it is great that they may have found whatever it is it early. If it is a cyst, they can remove it and take a look. Your self-examination habit may well have saved your life!
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 06:21 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

hotgayboy21 HB User

well i noticed the same thing. i went to 2 different doctors, both sent me to ultrasound, one said it was a hydro sac, the other said cancer. i went to a 3rd and he said it was cancerous. mine was hard too. but by the time i went for my 3rd ultrasound, the onle lump had gone to 4.

long story short, had my left testicle removed, 4 months later had a prosthetic put in and im good to go. you could never tell that i had it done.

good luck to you

Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

I once asked duing an ultrasound (for something else) how they could tell the diff between a cyst and a tumor. I was told the tumor will look white because it reflects back the soundwaves. A cyst will look black because it absorbs the soundwaves. To me that meant there was a clear difference, not just shades of grey.

Still if I think you are being wise to follow up on this with the biopsy. The fact that it was attached to the testicle and hard is a concern I agree. Is it possible for them to do a "fine needle aspiration" on it? This is where they use an extremely fine needle to take a small sample of it for biopsy. It can be done without removing it. My wife had this for a lump in her breast which turned out to be benign. I dont see why this could not be done in your case too but I dont know, there may be some reason it could not be done for a lump on a testicle. Best of luck to you and let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #5
(male)

Mr.Spock HB User

I went to the doctor and he seemed quite annoyed when I asked him if it was cancer and he said he's 100% sure it's not but is sending me to a 2nd ultrasound to check.

It hasn't decreased or increased in size at all since then, but I'm definatly going to ask him what would be involved in having it removed, even if it is nothing I hate the fact that it's there.

Closed Thread