It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #1
(male)

libertarian HB User
Problem with clumpy, gelatinous, light yellow semen.

I've never gotten an answer about this, but more often than not, it seems like my ejaculate is very thick with a definate separate substance mixed in that is gelatinous, clumpy and light yellow in color.
There is no pain, but a little discomfort with it trying to squeeze through my urethra when I ejaculate. Even after the semen sits at room temp for awhile and turns liquid, this part stays fairly jelly-like. I've seen a urologist years ago and he pretty much dismissed it as prostatitis.
Has anyone ever experienced this? I think once I even saw a little blood in the semen, but that is not common. I'm getting concerned but doctors don't seem too think it's a big deal. Any help?

The following user gives a hug of support to libertarian:
JamNJim (10-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Problem with clumpy, gelatinous, light yellow semen.

I have never experienced this but don't stop seeking help. I would get a second opinion and a third if needed until I got the right answers.

God's speed!

Let's us know how you come out..

Last edited by cleansweap; 05-04-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
(male)

mo1e HB User

it seems to me like i have this too. my penis head is also very saw i went to my doctors and he told me i had thrush

Old 05-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
(male)

mo1e HB User

also how can you get rid of this?

Old 05-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
(male)

libertarian HB User

Try this link. It addresses part of the symptoms.

[url]http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2575.html[/url]

Hi Alice,

I tried looking for an answer to my question in the archives, but didn't find one. What I want to know is if it is normal that my boyfriend's semen has clumps (I don't know how else to describe it) in it? The semen has never been clumpy before, but the last time I gave him a blowjob, the semen had a chunky consistency to it. Should I be worried that this may be an STD, or is this kind of thing related to other things, and if so, what are they? Thanks.

A little worried.

Dear A little worried,

There's no need to stress — this phenomenon isn't as sticky as it might seem. Chunky or clumpy semen is normal and is NOT a symptom of a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Semen (a.k.a. ***, ejaculate) can vary in texture, odor, color, and taste. While the differences are due mainly to each man's biology, factors such as temperature, physical activity, diet, and recent ejaculations also affect what comes out after a "happy ending."

Semen can also change in consistency and appearance in the minutes after leaving the penis. After ejaculation, proteins contained in semen can cause it to become thick, sticky, and clumpy. This consistency helps increase the chances for fertilization, since the semen stays high in the vagina, making it less likely to run right out of it until a bit later.

Last edited by libertarian; 05-09-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Closed Thread