It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User
Lotrimin safe to apply around penis tip area?

Hi,

I went to the urologist complaining of sting/tingling/ache around the penis tip area. He said that I should try Lotrimin for a few weeks to see if it would help. I am uncircumsized and he thought the foreskin is the cause. So if I roll the foreskin back and place the Lotrimin on the underside of the penis, is that safe to do? What if it gets in the "pee area"? Sorry, not sure what that is called.

I would appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
(male)

mmunoz HB User
Re: Lotrimin safe to apply around penis tip area?

I'm sorry. Some how this just does'nt sound right. Putting Lotrimin on penis head? Yes, and what if you get in the "pee area". This can and will happen. I can just imagine the sting or pain. I think you better see another doctor before you are in worst trouble.

Last edited by mmunoz; 11-10-2006 at 08:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2006, 05:00 AM   #3
(male)

jackcc HB User

The urologist told you the correct thing to do. You should follow his advice. Its routine.

Old 11-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
(male)

curiousboy08 HB User

hey, I had the same problem about 2 months ago..one day, I was just walking and all of a sudden my foreskin started really hurting when it rubbed on my boxers...luckily I was leaving to go home from work and when I got home, I noticed the tip of the foreskin was very red and irritated...then when I urine, I had minimal blood and the tip of my penis stung a bit like how you did....

I went to the ER ...said I had balantis...just a bacterial infection common with people that are not circumsized becuase we have foreskin and that keeps in a lot of dirty stuff (that's why we are suppose to clean our penis and keep as clean as we can...can also come from intercourse if you don't wash up right after, regards to uncircumsized people).....they gave me antiboitics and took some prescription antibiotics for 5 days....but after 2 weeks, foreskin was fine, but still felt a sting or pain on the head of the penis...saw an urologist and he said I probably had a minor yeast infection, which is common after taking antibiotics for something like this...he said, just take some lotrimin (which is a ant-fungal cream), which would help get rid of the yeast infection....my uro also said this is very common to do..

at first I was afraid to use it and that I may get some crazy reaction, since all cream and meds have side effects.....after another 2 weeks of holding off hte lotrimin, I gave in and tried it...and believe it or not..after about 5-7 days, it helped..I mean the sting was still there, but barely..then a week after I stopped using the lotrimin, the sting and everything went away..

so it's all good....try for a day or two..if you start to notice bad reaction, stop using it and tell your uro...if nothing bad happens, try it for a week or however long your uro told you to use it...mine said just for 7 days should be fine for my problem...

best of luck!

Old 11-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User
Re: Lotrimin safe to apply around penis tip area? follow-up

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reply. I did use the lotrimin for about 6 days and I did notice the sting/ache/tingling feeling go away. Once in a while I'll feel a quick one (probably because I'm thinking about it way too much).

Curiousboy08 - just wondering what antibiotic did the doctors prescribed you before you started on the lotrimin. I took Cipro for 10 days and then continued to feel a sting so I went to a 2nd uro and he's the one that told me to try lotimin. Just curious, do you still get a sting from time to time?

Thanks for your help.

Closed Thread