It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
(male)

topdownbob HB User
Pimples/sebaceous cysts on scrotum?

For years now, my scrotum has had many little white bumps on it of varying sizes. I've never had sexual intercourse, but I have done everything else basically, but I've had them since before I was sexually active at all, so I'm not worried about it being any STD. Also, neither of my sexual partners has gotten anything.

They're basically pimples. If I squeeze them, a stringy white substance comes out, although some of them are more "under the skin" and I cannot get anything to come out of them. Some of the larger ones, after awhile, get to a point where if I squeeze, a bunch of the substance comes out, and it's much thicker than the smaller ones. Sometimes, usually from larger ones, blood comes out, just as is the case sometimes with pimples on your face or whatever.

Outside of being unsightly, they've never given me any other problems. My scrotum does itch every once in a while, although I don't know if that's related or if it's just what happens because of sweat and whatever.

I'm just basically wondering if it's possible to have that many pimples down there. It's not just a couple here and there. They're all over.

I'll also note that I used to have extremely bad acne on my face, but had that treated with Accutane about two years ago, and I've been basically pimple-free on my face ever since.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-18-2007 at 05:04 AM.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
(male)

topdownbob HB User
Re: Pimples/sebaceous cysts on scrotum?

any help? :-\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
(male)

lakerfan2007 HB User

do a search on "fordyce spots"

I've got the same. Apparently about 30% of men have them. My doc said they're completely normal and there's no need for treatment. Doesn't really change the fact i'd prefer not to have them

Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
(male)

topdownbob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfan2007 View Post
do a search on "fordyce spots"

I've got the same. Apparently about 30% of men have them. My doc said they're completely normal and there's no need for treatment. Doesn't really change the fact i'd prefer not to have them
That's the first I heard of those, and it does seem to be likely, my only concern is that the picturesi found of those, while it looks like I have those as well, a lot of mine are a bit larger, and i didnt see any mention of them being able to be popped just like a pimple.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
(male)

Doogie Howser HB User

Sebaceous Prominence. Doctors all say that it is normal but they say that about everything they can't cure. It is common for men to have little bumps on the scrotum and shaft. It's less common to have them so prominent and wide spread. There are ways of reducing the visibility and temporary treatments such as accutanes and minocyclines and improving your diet can help prevent them. getting rid of them permanently is possible but difficult, it involves making a small incision using a scalpel and then removing the cyst with a pair of needle tip tweezers. You then need to seal the incision completely to avoid infection or scarring. This method takes a lot of practice and research into scarring and antiseptics.

don't be silly and start burning them off or using nail clippers to cut them off.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-18-2007 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting policy section titled "How to share information".

Closed Thread