It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
(male)

djpatd HB User
what size syringe would i need for testosterone injections

I plan on doing my own injections instead of going to the doctors every week. Can you tell me what size syringe I would need for testosterone injections into my rear end?

Thanks!

Last edited by djpatd; 05-16-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: what size syringe would i need for testosterone injections

My doctor suggests injecting into fatty tissue. He feels it will absorb slower and minimize conversion to estradiol that way. So I inject into the fat in my stomach with a 27g 1/2" or 5/8" needle. You can pinch a roll of fat or in my case I just bend over and a roll of fat appears. You must use a short needle here because you dont want to go in too far beyond the stomach muscle.

Most doctors will want you to shoot IM (intra muscular). This will require a longer needle and for you to do it in the thigh or butt. If you do the butt you must know where to do it so you dont hit the psyiatic nerve (spelling?). Also, with the 27g needle it is a little hard and slow to push the plunger down for T cyp because it is oil based. It might be a little hard to do that if reaching behind yourself and you might like a larger needle like a 25 g, but 27g will be big enough for the oil so its a matter of preference.

Another reason I like injecting into the fat is I don't like the idea of tearing a big hole in my muscle every week. You will probably be injecting about 0.70 ml and it will leave a big lump which will slowly dissipate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

I also use a 27gaX1/2" needle on a 1cc syringe.

The oil is thick so pull the plunged back slowly. It takes 10 to 20 seconds to fill the desired amount.

I put the needle down the top of the alchol bottle to pull air into it & then shoot the air into the "T" vial. That helps to push the "T" out into the needle.

I inject the thigh about 5" above the knee & change thighs each week.

Be sue to clean the injection area with alcohol. I use the 91% type from Walmart.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
(male)

djpatd HB User

Is there any websites or videos on the net on how to do this? Do you guys have any suggestions or knowledge on how to do it properly?

Old 05-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

I shoot in the stomach as I said. If you do this you need a 1/2" or 5/8" 27g needle. Clean the top of the bottle of T cyp with an alcohol swab. Pull up the plunger on the syringe to the level of your dose....for example if you are going to take 0.80 ml like I do pull up the plunger to 0.80 so there is that much air in the syringe. Put the needle into the bottle of Tcyp and push the plunger down so the air goes in the bottle (this air replaces the Tcyp you are about to remove). Now turn the bottle upside down and remove 0.80 ml (or whatever your dose is) of Tcyp. You will have to hold the plunger our with some force and wait for the oil to enter the syringe for a min or two. It is slow to come out.

Clean the injection site with alcohol swab. You need to inject into fat if doing it in the stomach. Either bend over or squeeze the skin to form a roll of fat. Do not inject within 1 inch of the belly button. Push the needle in, I prefer slowly. Once it breaks the skin it goes in very easy. hold the syring in one hand while pushing down the plunger with the other to inject. I put one finger on the plunger and another on the rim of the syring for leverage. It will take a bit of time to get it all out. After done I pull out the needle and put my finger over the injection site for about 30 sec to keep some oil from leaking out. Then I clean it again with alcohol.

Closed Thread