It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
(male)

aefef HB User
Low Testosterone, LH and FSH?

Hi! My Lab results are:

Free Test: 15 pg/mL (9-47)
Testosterone: 5.83 mcg/L (3-15 mcg/L)
T-3: 114 ng/dL (65-175 ng/dL)
T-4: 7.86 mcg/dL (4-12 mcg/dL)
T-4 free: 1.48 ng/dL (0.71-1.85 ng/dL)
TSH: 1.26 mU/L (0.25-5 mU/L)
Estradiol (E2): 18.2 pg/mL (13.5-59.5 pg/mL)
LH: 4.82 U/L (2-12 U/L)
FSH: 1.43 U/L (1-14 U/L)

(Im a 25-year-old man)

Test Levels (583) should be higher at my age?
Estradiol looks Ok...
Are LH and FSH too low?

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
(male)

anyman HB User
Re: Low Testosterone, LH and FSH?

It's not that simple. While the numbers seem rather low and indicative of secondary hypogonadism, especially given your age, the real question is "how do you feel?"

If you feel well and are strong, sexually active and mentally OK then perhaps you are the type who doesn't need as much T. If you feelpoorly then you need to start looking for help.

Don't jump into anything without SUBSTANTIAL research. TRT at your age without hcg, which most doctors are clueless on, will likely result in a lifetime of dependence and sterility. I highly suggest you read "The Testosterone Syndrome" by Dr. Eugene Shippen. Very, very instructive and more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

I agree with anyman. Your numbers are slightly low but no where near low enough to suggest anything is wrong unless you have symptoms of low T also. If that is the case you need to be very careful how you proceed. T replacement for someone like you who basically has everything pretty close to normal could be a disaster.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
(male)

aefef HB User

Thanks for the answers,

Well, yes, i have some libido issues. Specially i need too much time to recover my libido from a sexual session...But that seems to be because i suffer from a mild "sexual migraine". But, given my age, i think my numbers are a little low, specially because i have been under SSRI some time ago...and they say an antidepressant can lower testosterone...So, maybe my natural levels would be a little higher.

What i don't understand is why should i do TRT?

I think given my case (low LH and FSH), is better to do HCG...

But, i think HCG also increases DHT, and Estradiol. So, i suppose i would have to take HCG + *an estradiol blocker* + *an DHT blocker* ??

Also, maybe i try taking Tribulus (they say it increases LH levels), so it would increase my Testosterone levels, but also Estradiol, and DHT. So if i take a lot of tribulus i would have to take those Blockers too?

I think the main question is...do you think my LH levels are low? What are the average levels? And what about FSH? What are the average levels? I think i have really low FSH, is it normal? I think it means i have low sperm production...

What i mean is...if my FSH and LH levels are OK, then i'm not going to do TRT, because i'm too young.

BUT, if my LH and FSH are too low, then i'm going to do HCG terapy.

Please feel free to reply

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

You can't really make a decision based on what LH/FSH levels are. LH/FSH levels are only useful in reference to what T and sperm count are. For example if LH really high and T is low then your testicles are not working. If LH is in normal range or low and T is low then maybe you have secondary hypogonadism. ALso, realize the LH is sent in pulses so one test is not a good measure. For that reason FSH which has a longer half life is often used as a better measure. Your FSH is pretty low and it would be interesting to know your sperm count to see if it is ok or not. I think there is an OTC test to check it now but it costs like $100. Anyway, if you have symptoms and low T then you should treat it. If your only real symptom is a long recovery time then I would not be too concerned. Once you start this stuff you can be on it for life. At 583 you are not really low in my book. You can do another couple tests if you want. One would be SHBG. From SHBG I can give you a target total T level for you. It may be that 583 is fine for you for total T. Another would be prolactin. Prolactin is often what determines recovery time. It shoots up after orgasm and is what prevents you from getting another erection for a period of time.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

Prolactin...yes...You should get this checked...becuse like HF said it determines recovery time...I have a prolactinona ( pituatary adenoma secreting prolactin) and when I think back on how my symptoms started before I had real ED issues.. long recovery between orgasms was def an issue...get it checked because it will kill your libido and drive down your T... even T replacment did not work for me until I got this under control... I am not sure of the mechanics but I used ALOT of T gel with no raise in T level until I started taking med to lower the prolactin... this in itself could be the root of all your problems... get it checked....doesnt hurt... may need an MRI if the levels are high...

good luck

Closed Thread