It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
(male)

topdownbob HB User
Cysts/pimples covering scrotum

For as long as I can remember (I'm 18 now), I've had many white bumps on my scrotum (not penis). They vary in size from really really tiny to about maybe a centimeter or so in length? I'm not sure, nothing too large to interfere with movement or anything, just unsightly. Some are under the skin. Others can be squeezed and pop and a stringy white substance comes out. Other times, though rarely, they pop like a pimple with pus exploding. They look like pimples, and like I said, are just like pimples in that they can be popped sometimes and other times are under the skin. The material inside is basically like the white stuff that comes out of pimples.

I've had them for pretty much all of puberty. It wasn't until puberty that I really looked at myself much or whatever down there, so I very well could have had them for longer. I haven't had sex, but I've done other sexual things, but I've had them before I ever engaged in sexual activity. None of my sexual partners ever got anything after doing things with me, so I'm pretty sure it's not an STD of some sort.

It just looks really unsightly. I don't know the picture policy, but if anybody wanted to take a look, I could provide a picture through PM or what have you.

If it was just one or two little pimples or whatever, I'd just chalk it up to a pimple forming down there, and move on,b ut I've had them for a while and they're all over my scrotum. I'm pretty sure they're harmless, but I just want to get some other thoughts on it. I showed my doctor and she said that she doesn't think it's anything and to not worry about them. They're just really annoying to look at, so like Isaid, I'd just like some additional input on if these ever go away, if they're harmless, if I should just leave them alone and not attempt to pop any of them anymore, etc.

I really appreciate any help. thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Cysts/pimples covering scrotum

They sound like Fordyce spots. If they are, they're perfectly normal. Popping them leaves you open to infection.

Last edited by tommy124; 11-28-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
(male)

topdownbob HB User
Re: Cysts/pimples covering scrotum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124 View Post
They sound like Fordyce spots. If they are, they're perfectly normal. Popping them leaves you open to infection.
I've seen pictures of Fordyce spots, and those that I've seen have them appearing on the penis shaft, not the scrotum, and they seemed mostly like tiny spots, not little bumps. Do they also appear on the scrotum, and basically look and function just like pimples, though?

Closed Thread