It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

tinys HB User
how long would it take a low sperm count to reach the egg?

how long would it take a low sprem count to reach the egg

Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: how long would it take a low sprem count to reach the egg

The question doesn't make sense.
Are you asking how long it would take the sperm of a man with a low sperm count to reach the egg? If you are, it would take the same amount of time as the sperm of a man with a high sperm count. There would just be fewer chances of pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinys View Post
how long would it take a low sprem count to reach the egg
low sperm count means there are not the same number of sperm compared to the normal expected number. has nothing to do with the speed at which they travel.

a guy with low sperm count has a harder time of getting a lady pregnant becuase there is less sperm.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
(female)

tinys HB User
Lightbulb need to know if a guy with a low sperm count can get a girl pregnant

i was wondering if a guy with a low sprem count can get a girl pregnant back to back. even if we have been together for about 3yrs now and in that 3yrs he has *** in me like 70% for the time and nothing i know its not me bc i have 2 kids of my own and his girlfriend b4 he has *** in her as well. he went to the docters the doc said he has a low sprem count i think about 10% chance out of i belive 50% somthing like that

Old 12-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

tinys HB User

thank you. so can i ask you this how likely is it a guy with a low sprem count get a girl prenant back to back (same girl) when he is with me for 3yrs now and others b4 me and now it a back toback call i hope you get my question

Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: need to know

If you are wanting to get pregnant, the problem could be low-grade prostrate infection. Wearing boxer shorts is better than jockey shorts.

Last edited by Misty800; 12-09-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
(female)

tinys HB User
Re: need to know

no hun i was wondering a guy with a low sprem count can he get a girl pregnant back to back wat are the chances

Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: need to know if a guy with a low sperm count can get a girl pregnant

tinys,

Yes, it's possible. I don't know what the percentages are. If you are really trying to get pregnant, then you will need to know more about your own fertile period. My understanding is that about 14 days after the start of your last period is when you are most fertile.

Keep in mind that it takes only one sperm to fertilize an egg. It doesn't really matter how many "fellows" that one sperm is traveling with -- if it's healthy and is able to penetrate the egg, then it wins.

--Rheanna

Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #9
(female)

tinys HB User

what i am sayin is this i am with my man for 3yrs now and and he has not gotten me pregnant now some girl is sayin she was and she lost the baby and now she is again in the space of about 2months what are the chance of that happening like that and me for three yrs and nothing and i can have kids so its not like somthing is wron with me i just want to kow if he is able to do it back to back like thaat or some is playing games i hope you get me

Old 12-10-2007, 03:58 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tinys,

There are still a lot of mysteries about pregnancy. One of the mysterious things is that some people are "compatible" and some are not. This means that something in the woman's chemistry may make it difficult for a man to make her pregnant, but with another woman the chemistry may be more favorable for pregnancy to take place.

If you are concerned about whether or not the baby of another woman is really fathered by your boyfriend, the only way to know for sure is to have a DNA test. This requires the permission of the mother to have her baby tested, and requires cooperation from your boyfriend to have himself tested.

Basically, you know that you are fertile because you have been pregnant twice before you met your boyfriend. You have been having unprotected sex with your boyfriend for 3 years and have not become pregnant with him. You know that this other woman is pregnant, requiring of course the cooperation of some man. She claims that your boyfriend is the father of her baby. He denies this. Is this a correct summary of what you are saying?

Yes, it is possible that your boyfriend can make another woman pregnant but not you. It is, however, not likely. Again, I don't know the statistics.

Again, the only way to know for sure is to have a DNA test done on both your boyfriend and on the baby. I am sorry that you are in this situation.

--Rheanna

Old 12-10-2007, 04:07 AM   #11
(female)

tinys HB User

yes that is it in a handfull the baby is not here yet and thanks for you concern but the thing that really bothering me is that the ending of april she sayz she was she lost that and one more so quick in june like wat are tha chances is wat i want to knw and i know you dont have all the anwers but i guess i am looking for some comfort or just a friend to talk t bc this is really hard for me to take in me for 3yrs she 2 time in one yr and the thing about everything is she is type of girl that will do something like that get pregnant and blame bc se is sick like that she wil die for him kinda girl if he is not in her life and the think is i told him ablout her wen i found out and now we are in this thanks for rad and replying

Old 12-10-2007, 04:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bless you, tinys. Life isn't simple sometimes.

{{{hugs}}}

--Rheanna

Old 12-10-2007, 04:23 AM   #13
(female)

tinys HB User

thank u i guessi dont have to tell you we are having a big break down in our relationship i dont know how to handdle this do you have any advice

Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Can I ask you a question? Why would you be with a guy for 3 years who would sleep with another girl and potentially get her pregnant these 2 times? That doesn't make any sense to me. Not only is there the risk of him impregnating another girl, he is exposing you to STDs from the other girl. It's your relationship and you are obviously going to do what you see fit, but I would think his infidelity would be causing the breakdown in your relationship more so then the possibility of her being pregnant with her child. I don't know. I guess I'm just confused by the whole thing.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. It is possible for someone with a low sperm count to impregnate someone. Like the other poster said, the body chemistry of both people involved can and do play a factor. Just because you can't get pregnant by him doesn't mean that someone else can't. The only way you are going to know for sure is for him to have a DNA test when the child is born.

If you don't mind me asking (again, sorry ), are you okay with him sleeping with other women? If you are not then perhaps it's time to find a man who will be a little more respectful towards you and your relationship. I couldn't imagine dealing with knowing that my husband got another woman pregnant. I just don't think that would be a hurdle our relationship would be able to overcome.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

are you saying that a girl he got pregnant before is now again pregnant with his child? if he is saying that she got pregnant from his sperm from the time before she got pregnant with the first child, he is lieing to you. That is impossible. Sperm can live up to one week inside a female. Thats it.

Closed Thread