It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
(male)

SkuNumbers HB User
Question Late growth spurt

I am a soon to be 20 year old (male, of course). I am currently about 5-9. I think I have grown a bit over the past year. I was wondering if I am poised for a growth spurt. My dad is almost 5-10, my mom 5-3, my older bro about 5-5. My grandfather and uncle are about 6-0. I have pretty big feet (size 11 sneaker), so do I have some catching up to do? I am a little embarrassed by my hands, they are kind of small and girlish, ahahaha. They don't get me down, but I find it weird that they aren't bigger or more developed yet; will they grow more? I would love to be 6 feet tall or at least 5-10, but it's not a huge deal for me.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User
Re: Late growth spurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuNumbers View Post
I am a soon to be 20 year old (male, of course). I am currently about 5-9. I think I have grown a bit over the past year. I was wondering if I am poised for a growth spurt. My dad is almost 5-10, my mom 5-3, my older bro about 5-5. My grandfather and uncle are about 6-0. I have pretty big feet (size 11 sneaker), so do I have some catching up to do? I am a little embarrassed by my hands, they are kind of small and girlish, ahahaha. They don't get me down, but I find it weird that they aren't bigger or more developed yet; will they grow more? I would love to be 6 feet tall or at least 5-10, but it's not a huge deal for me.
generally by the time you are out of puberty your growth plates are fused. so if you are done with puberty your are the height you are. 5 9 is average height.

saying that I was 5 9 all the way through high school. when i hit 19 i started growing. stopped when i was 21. I'm 6ft now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread