It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Rick12341

Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 2

Since the original thread was closed, I am starting up another thread for us to post and share info.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-07-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
(male)

veryscaredhelp HB User
Re: Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 2

Understood. Mostly want to know what the first steps are if I have what everyone else has. It is also beneath scrodum on skin heading towards buttom. Hard to tell. It is not burning to bad yet. I am going to DR. but very curious. There is a lot of things listed. Mine is not itching yet. Just burning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
(male)

Nax HB User

Thanks for opening a new one RICK!

ALEK, how are you doing with the 1 month Canesten (Chlorotrimasole) treatment you were going to do? Did it work?

BRIAN how are your doing with the GRENZ RAY THERAPY? Have you finished the treatment? A doctor tolde me, that even though is is very mild, the UV rays get absorved by the body, and it could have consecuences in FERTILITY, so be CAREFULL! Do some research before trying it!

Hope to hear from you soon.

NAX

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
(male)

Conical One HB User
Cool Re: Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 2

OK gentlemen, I have been following this thread for some time as I have been having the same problem for over a year now. No topical treatments or baths did anything for me. I went to numerous Dr.'s with no results. Had numerous blood tests done and they all came back clean.

My conclusion (self diagnosed) was that I was living a world full of stress and ths was my bodies reaction to it. My wife was being treated for some woman issues and one of her prescriptions was Nirovam (sp) for stress relief. I ended up taking a few myself over a course of 2 weeks and low and behold my scrotum starting feeling better and the redness started to go away. I then went to a Dr. and told him of the results. He put me on a low dose of Nirovam and also Xanex. I mean real low dose so that I could fully function and not be a potato on the couch.

My results after four weeks - no more red scrotum and no more burnining pain in my groin area - even while sitting for many hours when before I could only sit for 15-30 minutes before discomfort. I even took a flight across country (5+ hours without any discomfort which I had not been able to do for a year). I do continue to put Vasoline non scented lotion on my boys out of habit and it gives me extra comfort.

Now - I have no clinical proof this is the answer. My life has been full of business stress, family stress and wifes health stress issues which put a huge strain on a guy who normally doesn't look to anything to cure his ills.

This issue however got out of control and the medical field was disappointing in thie lack of attention or even care about my redness and discomfort.

It is working for me - and I am on a very low dose of the medication. I even break the pills into quarters and take less than .125 (1/8th) of the pills. I generally take 1/8th in the morning and .25 at night before bed. Make sure you get plenty of rest at night and don't drink any liquor with this stuff.

I did not try any of the topicals home remedies talked about in this tread, however I did try every topical the Dr's tried to give me with no results other than really read perianal area and huge discomfort.

I also want to point out that I DID NOT THINK I WAS UNDER ANY STRESS. I thought I had things handled and was in control of everything. I believe this was my bodies method of nerves going uncontrolled and this area seemed to be the most vulnerable. I also was having problems with my feet ( thought to be early stages of neuropothy) and this seems to have helped in that area too.

Again - your results may vary - but I felt compelled to bring this forward to this group as I have suffered this discomfort for over a year and I wanted to pass along what ever I could to help someone else out.

Best of luck - I can't say that this won't come back again - but for now I am back to normal. I will check back periodically to bring back any info I can.

PS - I even started putting together a quesitonnaire to send out so that I could start drawing comparisons to our symptoms so that I could present it to the medical field. I think this should still be done to identify this issue as it is affecting more men than I ever thought.

Regards.

Conical One

Last edited by Conical One; 12-12-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
(male)

aleksivele68 HB User

Nax, I didn't complete my course of Canesten as the itching / nipping went away for a month during which I was not sleeping very well. I think the daytime fatigue killed it, and makes me think that there definitely is some neurologoical component in this condition, at least for some if not all of us. As if on cue, the itching / nipping is coming back as my sleep gets back to its usual pattern, which has never been great, but better than the last month :-(

Its hard to get in to any routine of good nutrition, hydration, healthy diet and rest and relaxation when you have this condition as it takes a lot of energy from you

So now I will try the Canesten again, but I only have a tube of the Hydrocortisone version of it which I am relcutant to use. I will get a tube of normal stuff. In my case, I still don't think it is a skin condition even though it presents itself as such. I am planning an MRI at Christmas, to look in to nerve damage. Will keep you posted

Some good points have been made on here. Someone mentioned liver function may be a cause, which made me think as the condition can flare up at times when everything else had seemed normal, though I have been drinking maybe too much at weekends as a result of this condition. So I think this should be seriously considered in some cases. WOuld be interesting to see if flkushing out your system wioth lots of water provides relief for som eof us who think this problem is not directly related to skin tissue damage

Conical One has made some good points about stress. Given that thís condition is extremely stressful it is easy to see how it can be self perpetuating and possibly may only be controlled with anti anxiety medication. I have read about some cream being developed which uses cannabis to cure skin coinditions associated with nerve damage. I think it is still being developed, but this may be something that could help in the future.

Even if we still haven't found a solution for everyone, at least we are still looking and sharing information. So there is hope

Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
(male)

uptownnotown HB User

I’ve been having similar problems. 6 months now. Dermatologist twice. Regular doctor 5 times. Keeps getting worse. Burning. No itch. I’m on antibiotics now. Doesn’t seem to help. I’ll keep on them for another week (2 weeks total)

Anyone find out about that mineral oil treatment. Did that work for anybody or just provide temporary relief?

Any word on antibiotics?

I’ve tried jock itch creams, densonide, zeasorb, anti fungal pills, and a few other lotions. Nothing’s worked. Densonide and zeasorb seemed to work for a week or so, but then things got worse.

Anyone tried aloe?

I’m at a loss. Just gets worse. Burning, rash. Doctors say I’m just sore from jock itch, but 6 months? That’s along time to be sore.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
(male)

uptownnotown HB User

I guess I should be a bit more descriptive too. Thought it was an std, but docs said and keep saying it’s not. Started out as just an itch on my balls. Then small bumps on penis.
Then burning on balls. Veins more pronounced. Then rash on thighs. And burning on thighs. Subsides every now and again, but that only lasts a few days. Whole groin burns.
I haven’t had any itching except for the 1st week or so. And now it’s been 6 months. Penis feels pin *****ey when touched.

Seeing these posts makes me worry that this will never go away. I’ve had rashes and such before that have lasted awhile, but never this long or this painful.

I can’t stop obsessing over it, since it pretty much burns all the time now. I’m going to stick with the antibiotics for now, but if that doesn’t work then I’ll try the herbal remedy, then maybe the bag balm.

Any suggestions are welcome, being as I’m getting desperate now. I’ve noticed some guys have dropped off of this list after saying they were going to try something new. Please post if something worked for you. Please.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

I had this condition and was tried on the anti-fungal cream which helped but then it came back a couple of days later. I was put on the Lamisil pills for 2 weeks, helped but came back after I was out of the pills. He prescribed it for a month and I just finished taking them. I think that it may have done the trick. I also have changed my habit of taking a shower at night. I usually take hot showers and if I do that at night and go to bed, I must sweat and my body stays warm for quite awhile which makes the redness and burning worse. I am praying that this worked being on the Lamisil for a month and a half and NOT taking a shower at night before bed.

Brian

Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

willy851 HB User

I definitely agree that it is stress related. This all started after four months of my wife being in and out of the hospital. She has been dealing with major heart problems and can no longer work. I am burning the candle at both ends and the middle. I thought I had herpes at first then I went for a blood test and it came back inconclusive for hepatitis c. The doctor wasn't any help he said just get retested after three months. So for three months I thought I had hepatitis. He failed to tell me that a lot of people tests come back that way after they have been sick. I tested negative for everything but my mind would not accept it. I was having night sweats and getting dizzy I was so worried. I made myself into a hypochondriac. I am 43 and was running 5 K in 23 minutes. I was into all sports and in excellent shape. Now I have trouble walking all day because the skin gets so irritated. My dermatologist said it was eczema. She can't explain why anti fungal sprays clear it up for a few days.
I am afraid to try anti depressants, I read so many bad stories on how addictive they are.
Merry Christmas
Bill

Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
(male)

uptownnotown HB User

I tried some sort of anti-fungal pills for a month. It wasn’t Lamisil, but something else. But it didn’t seem to work. I guess maybe taking them for more than a month could be worth a shot, but my doctor didn’t want me to take them for longer. He said it might give me liver problems if I did.

Showers always seem to make me feel better. At least for a little while.

I don’t feel like this is stress related. Perhaps stress makes it worse, but I don’t think that it was the root cause. I think the anti-fungal creams and what not I used may have worsened my condition. But now nothing seems to help.

Nax,

Your message was taken off by the moderator. What did you post?

BrianPain,

Let us know if the Lamisil pills actually worked.

Willy,

I do know that welbutrin is a very mild anti depressant. and getting off of them is easy

Last edited by uptownnotown; 12-13-2007 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add on

Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #11
(male)

uptownnotown HB User

Thanks Nax. Please let us know how the Zoloft works. This could be psychological. 2 of the 3 doctors I have seen have suggested as much. I just don’t know. The mind is powerful, but for some reason I have a hard time believing that’s it’s all in my mind. I don’t know why.

I read the pdf link and it makes sense. I just still feel like there is something else going on down there. Like some sort of virus or bacteria that won’t die. Or that my body is fighting a constant fight that’s neverending. Or I guess it could be my brain fighting a battle with itself. I don’t know.

It burns so often now. I can’t stop thinking about it. I do feel as though I need to stop obsessing over it, but it’s just so hard not to when I feel it constantly. It’s always in the back of my mind now. It’s turned into a constant loop of regret and anxiety. And there’s that added frustration of doctors telling me it’s nothing. When all I want to hear is “it’s such and such and here’s a pill that will cure you”.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

willy851 HB User
Talking Re: Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 2

Hello again
Have you ever had a class in philosophy? We talked about how sick people that were given placebo's would feel better the next day and sometimes all symptoms would disappear. When you get embarrassed you blush and your face turns red.
people that were told they were exposed to a virus made themselves sick even though they were not exposed to anything.
I am sure that most of us are causing our own problems. I never had skin problems before all this anxiety and stress piled up inside me. I was a rock solid construction worker in excellent shape. Then things got out of control and I couldn't do anything to stop it. My wife almost died and I went on an eating binge. I was exposed to someones blood and convinced my self I caught HIV.
One thing after another for four months then when I was finally seeing light, this rash started. Six months later, I still have it. Not just on my scrotum but my leg creases. The scrotum isn't bad anymore, but the leg creases are raw. I tried to make an appointment with a real dermatologist at a university. They are booked until May.
They say we have the best health care in the world. Even with insurance it's in accessible. Well enough rambling, for today. Good Luck All. and Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-15-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial web links.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #13
(male)

jeff001 HB User

change you laundry detergent and do not use any bounce or anything. Hand wash underware, a friend of mine's ex-wife (he thinks delibratly) used a fabric softener that he was allergic to. He went thru many treatments, ointments etc. Purchasing new underware and handwashing them him self with extra carefull rinse did the trick.

A lot of diferent brands of fabric softeners and detergents use the same chemicals so changing may not help. Nobody starts out allergic but one day the body says enough and then you are. It will take time to heal. Stress makes this worse because we all perspire a little more down there when stress is involved in our life. Remember you may have to put your underware or pants in the washer a second time and run them completely thru with no soap or fabric softener at all. Use no bounce (or anything else) in the dryer. If you are sensitive to bounce (or any dryer sheets) you may still pick up residue from the load befor yours. You may have to line dry them. Try this for a week, you may have nothing to lose and it may help.

Don't know if this will work for you but it did for him.

j

Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #14
(male)

uptownnotown HB User

I’ve certainly had a lot of stress this past year. I’ve been going through a separation and divorce since one year ago. I had a lot of stress built up, but thought that I was at the end of it all. Things were looking good. I was figuring stuff out. Granted everything wasn’t all figured out, but it mostly was. Then I had sex with a random person about 6 months ago. Doctors all told me it was jock itch, but in the back of my head I was worried that it was something worse. Part of me believed them, because that’s what I wanted to believe and well, they are more knowledgeable than I in regards to such things. But part of me wasn’t sure. There was the part in the back of my mind that I thought, maybe this is something much worse. Maybe they’re wrong. I still went on with my life and felt like I didn’t worry that much about it. It was in the back of my head as I was waiting for things to clear up. There was even a time when I thought it was getting better. But it’s all really just been getting worse and worse overall. Somedays it seems like it might be going away and then some days it just burns really bad. I too have the whole leg creases thing that get raw and burn. I thought it had spread to my legs, right around the groin area and in the creases. Then it’ll go away for a bit and come back. My scrotum is still bright red and some days burns more than others. I just keep thinking about how great things would be right now if it weren’t for all of this. I do have sensitive skin and always have. But rashes have always gone away. I’ve had some that have lasted a month or two and didn’t see a doctor or worry about it, since I figured it was nothing. But I’ve never had anything similar to this. At the same time I’ve never worried so much about any other physical ailment before. I’m just no sure how to break the cycle. I feel like if it mostly goes away then I’ll forget about it, but every time it starts to get better it just turns back around and gets bad again. If it would only get reasonably better for a whole week or so, I feel like I could stop worrying about it so much.

Thanks for your input Willy. I hope to God this thing goes away for the both of us soon. And everyone else for that matter. I'd never wish this upon anyone.

I’ve been using perfume free/dermatologist approved detergent. I’ve always used sensitive stuff when I can find it. I do use fabric softener sheets, so I’ll just forego that. And I’ll give the line dry a shot too. Can’t hurt. That’s for sure.

Thanks Jeff.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #15
(male)

Nax HB User

I have being trying to post something, but I just cant, they have erased it and suspended me, so I will try to be the more concrete!

I really believe my problem and many of us are having this problem because of stress, A BIG ADVISE, do some research on DYSESTHESIA and PARESTHESIA, I think this is the problem of many of us.

I talked with my dermatologist, about this 2 sicknesses. And we desided to give a try with antidepesants (Zoroft-sertraline), just like CONICAL ONE. I will give a try for 6 weeks to see how it goes. I have a lot of faith on this!

Read about this two illness, they can appear in different parts of the body but the simptoms and triggers are the same. If you feal your probllem is related with stress read about these two!

Good luck the besto for 2008

Nax

Closed Thread