It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
(male)

danp009 HB User
Syringe, needles and Insurance for Test injections

What size needle is painless for Testosterone injections...
and what size syringe?

Do I need a prescription. I got a prescription for Testosterone...but my insurance...is creating problems.

Does insurance cover Testosterone injections?

How should I approach this and get them pay for this?

Thanks
Dan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Syringe, needles and Insurance for Test injections

Insurance should pay for T injections if they are to treat hypogonadism (low T). They may want a note from your doctor stating it is for hypogonadism or they want his office to fill out a form. My current insurance did not require any of this though. Also, be aware most insurance is going to cover this under medical, not under pharmacy. Both insurance comopanies I have dealt with have a specialty pharmacy that handles all injectable drugs. Ask your insurance if they have any special procedure for obtaining an injectable drug. If you get them to cover it they will of course cover the syringes too. You do need a prescription for syringes.

I have used but 27g and 28g needles. The 28g probably hurts a little less because it is smaller but not much. I actually prefer the 27g because the T cyp is thick and hard to get into the syringe. It takes about a minute or more with the 27g and even longer with the 28g. Of courre it also takes some time to inject it and the 28g takes too long for me. The only painful part for me is actually pushing the needle thru the skin. Once it's in it doesnt really hurt. I have found some spots on the skin must have less nerve endings and hurt less. Iny any event the pain is not that bad and doesnt last very long so I would not worry about it. It's mostly just getting used to doing it and you will get there afer 2 or 3 injections.

Syringe size depends on your dose size.

Last edited by hayfarmer; 01-21-2008 at 09:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

danp009 HB User
Re: Syringe, needles and Insurance for Test injections

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayfarmer View Post
Insurance should pay for T injections if they are to treat hypogonadism (low T). They may want a note from your doctor stating it is for hypogonadism or they want his office to fill out a form. My current insurance did not require any of this though. Also, be aware most insurance is going to cover this under medical, not under pharmacy. Both insurance comopanies I have dealt with have a specialty pharmacy that handles all injectable drugs. Ask your insurance if they have any special procedure for obtaining an injectable drug. If you get them to cover it they will of course cover the syringes too. You do need a prescription for syringes.

I have used but 27g and 28g needles. The 28g probably hurts a little less because it is smaller but not much. I actually prefer the 27g because the T cyp is thick and hard to get into the syringe. It takes about a minute or more with the 27g and even longer with the 28g. Of courre it also takes some time to inject it and the 28g takes too long for me. The only painful part for me is actually pushing the needle thru the skin. Once it's in it doesnt really hurt. I have found some spots on the skin must have less nerve endings and hurt less. Iny any event the pain is not that bad and doesnt last very long so I would not worry about it. It's mostly just getting used to doing it and you will get there afer 2 or 3 injections.

Syringe size depends on your dose size.

Closed Thread