It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

English only HB User
itchy crotch

can any one help ive had this problem for years its a bit embarressing,when your scratching and not aware and your mate tells you.i am male by the way

Old 04-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: itchy crotch

Try using something like Gold Bond power. It helps prevent the "itches." And try to keep your hands (ahem) out of your pants so to speak.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
(female)

alien7 HB User

I wouldn't recommend that you use gold bond for your private parts as it can cause burning and irritation.

You should first figure out what's causing your genitals to itch it could be anything from jock itch, lice, chaffing , STD, to a fungus infection you can try to treat it with over the counter ointments, also cornstarch and talcum powder can help with chaffing if that's the cause of your itch. Also excessive sweating can be another cause which can be prevented with showering frequently.

If it's a fungal infection wearing loose fitting, clean, cotton underwear is recommended along with a fungal medication. But if no ointments helps relieve your itching, you should probably see a doctor. You should check your genitals for any lesions such as rashes or bumps as that can be a sign of an std.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
(male)

Firulas HB User

I have had it for years.

It has slowed down radically after (out of desperation) tried balsamic vinegar.

It stopped right away.

I found it can be caused by two things:

High blood pressure (lack of exercise mainly) and dry skin.

I first bathed myself in balsamic vinegar what might have been a good idea, now I just need to pass it in the area and it goes away.

Reason I believe it is a more personal matter than a transmitted disease is that I have now a girlfriend for two years and she havent got any similar itches.

I have violent dandruff since I was a baby, the balsamic vinegar seem to have slowed it somehow.

I also changed the shampoo to a neutral shampoo and this has eased the dandruff.

So it is mainly detergents, dry skin and similar that seem to cause it to become really itchy, nhowever, the balsamic somehow stopped it. And now Im using less and less and the periods are taking longer, before I need to use it again.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #5
(male)

willis21 HB User

Since you are in the UK, your best bet would be Grisol spray. 1% griseofulvin.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

Change bath soap from one with perfume to something like ivory. Use corn-starch, it will help the itching as well. You really should see a doctor, if this have been going on for years! It could be a genetic skin disorder? Do anyone in your family have skin/dandruff problems? If it's a skin disorder,pick up some over the counter cream/lotion for severe dry and itching skin. You should go see your doctor about this.

Closed Thread