It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
(male)

Berlry HB User
Chronic infection of urethra/meatus characterized by inflammation and mild pain

Up until I was about I was about 16 years old (I'm 19 now), I had been unable to retract my foreskin due to moderate phimosis, but after some stretching exercises I was able to do so completely and without discomfort.

I found a red plaque around the meatus(urethra) of the penis which has persisted for the three years following the initial discovery. I saw a number of doctors and eventually had it biopsied, but they could only classify it as non-specific inflammation. I saw a dermatologist who believed it might be due to accumulation of moisture, but I clean the area every day and it is usually very dry. Even when I have exposed it to the air for several days at a time, it only seemed to get worse.

The area is irregularly shaped, but covers an area of about 1 cm X 3/4 cm. Most of the area is simply inflamed, but there is a spot on the left side which extends to about 1/4 cm down into the urethra, with infected tissue visible on the side. There is no discharge or bleeding, only mild pain to the touch. It has gotten slightly worse, with an area of less significant inflammation and discoloration extending around the initial area of infection.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a possible diagnosis? This has resulted in a great deal of stress and rendered me unable to pursue an intimate relationship out of embarrassment and fear of possibly spreading it to a partner. The urologist said it could not be transmitted sexually, but I wouldn't like to take that chance. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

LALOV929 HB User
Re: Chronic infection of urethra/meatus characterized by inflammation and mild pain

That condition must be causing you a lot of concern and anxiety. Sounds
like it does not fall neatly into a medically recognizable category. When
conditions similar to this affect me I choose to do my own search for
solution/explanation. All too often these days if you develop something unusual todays doctors are too busy to spend a lot of time on mystery
problems.
If I were you I would try a few things for myself. I would first try an
anti-fungal cream for a few days and see if it changed anything and then
I'd try an anti-bacterial cream and see what effect it might have. All of
these being topical applications and if painful, cease using them. I'd try
some healing herbal creams to see their effect on me. And I'd do a lot
of research online to discover if it has been seen, analyzed and classified.
You may already be doing all of this and if so I say 'more power to you'
and Best of Luck.

Closed Thread