It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
(male)

rzac08 HB User
Itchy, stinging scrotum

I'm a teen and not sexually active. A few weeks ago, I noticed an itching/stinging in my scrotum. This eventually turned into and intense stinging, getting to the point where it hurts to walk. It's very red and increasingly painful. Any idea what it is and what I can do to get rid of it? Thanks!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-12-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Please post on the correct board (thread moved) and read all stickies before posting on a board. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
(male)

EB02 HB User
Re: Itchy, stinging scrotum

It could be either a bacterial infection or fungus. Either would need treatment and the sooner the better. You really don't want to let anything in that area get out of control. I suggest you let your parents know what is going on and get to a doctor soon. I would start with a family doctor, but you may need to see a dermatologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

willy8512 HB User

This could be the same problem a lot of guys on here have. The scrotum turns red and burns. Nothing seems to work. The dermatologist just makes guesses.
He gives you one script after another and nothing works.
It could be eczema. If this is the case, you need to moisturize at least twice a day.
In any case, get help.

Last edited by willy8512; 07-14-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
(male)

rzac08 HB User

I applied cortaid 3-4 times a day, followed by gold bond powder. This cleared everything up and stopped all itching and stinging overnight! I believe what I had was eczema.

Closed Thread