It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
(male)

jj70 HB User
26 year old male with Pain in Stomach and Groin, 5+ weeks - any suggestions?

I am 26 years old and in relatively good health. About 5 weeks, I started noticing some pain in my groin area, the kind of feeling like when you get kicked there (but not as bad). The main place where it hurts is right under my testicles, about halfway between where the the groin area ends and the anus begins, but it makes the whole groin area hurt a little. I have also had some pain in my lower stomach and sides, but it's always on and off, and usually if my stomach hurts then my groin doesn't, and vice-versa. I have had some cases where I have to go to the bathroom so badly that I can only hold it a few minutes before it starts killing, and then I had diarrhea. However, this has only happened a few times over the 5 weeks. For the first few weeks it was mostly the groin problem, whereby some hours it really bothers me but some it doesnt. I went to the doctor, he checked for a Hernia but that was not the issue. I had an x-ray done and nothing was found as well. He thought it might be colitis and gave me a prescription, but the medicine did nothing other than make me naucious. I went to a GI doctor who didn't see any blood in my stool. Originally I had some issues with my urine, but he did another test a week after the first one and it was fine. He performed a colonoscopy but didn't find anything suspicious. For the last 2 weeks the pain switched from my groin to my stomach, whereby it fealt like I had to go to the bathroom even though I was ok. This lasted a week and a half with that feeling most of the time. Now for the last week it's been back to the groin feeling, especially painful in that area I mentioned earlier under the testicles. There are however no bumps or anything there to suggest there is an issue. In addition, I do feel the pain more after erection or ejaculation. I had an MRI done this Thursday of the Abdomen and Pelvis and am awaiting results on this. Does anyone have any suggestions for what this might be, neither of my 2 doctors could figure out and even though I am awaiting the MRI results, if anyone could think of anything else I could look into or suggest in the event the MRI shows nothing, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

LALOV929 HB User
Re: 26 year old male with Pain in Stomach and Groin, 5+ weeks - any suggestions?

Sure sounds to me like one of the forms of prostatitis. Symptoms
fit nicely. Pain in perineum and just above pubic bone with
urinary urgency and ejaculation after pain. I can't imagine why
none of your doctors provided that possible diagnosis. Look up
prostatitis on a search engine and get knowledgable since your
doctors don't seem to be. Newer research is leading to a more
thorough understanding, also look up UPPS (urologic pelvic pain
syndrome). It seems to be getting epidemic. Good luck.

Closed Thread