It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
(male)

pokerstars HB User
Short frenulum.. Will stretching work?

Alright well I'm uncircumsized and I've had this problem for a while now.

I have a short frenulum, and can't fully retract my foreskin when fully erect. When I am soft I can pull it back as far as I want, but the head starts to pull down a little bit.

When erect, the foreskin stops right at the bottom rim of the glans. I don't think the actualy foreskin is tight, just the frenulum.

[removed]

Will stretching of the frenulum work? I know it can be successful for the actualy foreskin, but I'm not sure about the frenulum.

I've started pulling the foreskin back as far as possible when erect.. Like I said it stops right at the bottom rim of the glans. Is this the right way to stretch it? I can feel the tension and hold it for a little, then let go.

I'm 18 and still a virgin because I'm scared of it tearing.

Thanks

Last edited by HBMod07; 09-19-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: giving dimensions is not permitted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Short frenulum.. Will stretching work?

the right way to stretch it is gently.
sometimes frenulum stretching works. it is well worth a try.
if it doesn't work over a period of months, go to the doctor and get some betamethasone cream. combined with stretching, it may just loosen up the frenulum enough.
if both of those fail, there is an operation called a frenuloplasty. I know this sounds awful, but less awful than a couple of the alternatives. They make a Z shaped incision, and sew it together, so that it heals longer.
good luck. it's the most sensitive part of a man's body, and I hope you get to enjoy it to the fullest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
(male)

pokerstars HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124 View Post
the right way to stretch it is gently.
sometimes frenulum stretching works. it is well worth a try.
if it doesn't work over a period of months, go to the doctor and get some betamethasone cream. combined with stretching, it may just loosen up the frenulum enough.
if both of those fail, there is an operation called a frenuloplasty. I know this sounds awful, but less awful than a couple of the alternatives. They make a Z shaped incision, and sew it together, so that it heals longer.
good luck. it's the most sensitive part of a man's body, and I hope you get to enjoy it to the fullest.
Thanks for the response. I've been trying to stretch for the last couple of days. I tried in the shower tonight and I could get the foreskin completely behind the glans.. but then it starts to bind up because its being pulled from underneath by the frenulum.

The way I do it, is by just pulling back on the foreskin while I have an erection.. Hold it there for 20 or so seconds, repeat. Is this correct?

Can I get the cream now, or should I try without the cream first?

Lastly, can you explain a frenuloplasty a little better? I researched but couldn't find much. Is the frenulum actually cut, or do they just cut and re-sew it a little higher on the foreskin? <~ confused.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

The frenulum is not the most easily stretched part of a body. It is delicate. If you tear it, it takes a long time of no activity to heal. It doesn't matter if you are erect or flaccid, to stretch it, as long as you can feel it gently pull, you will make progress.
If it were me, I would wait on the betamethasone. It sounds like you can make progress without it. It's only for if it doesn't stretch at all, since betamethasone thins the skin, and that isn't necessarily the best thing for a frenulum.
You can use that common online encyclopedia that anyone can write, to find out more about frenuloplasty. It's not the easiest thing to explain. They cut the frenulum the long way. My concern there, is that they might sever a nerve, and that would be a tragedy.
That's why, if it were my penis, I would stretch with a vengeance...gently, but often.
Good luck.

Closed Thread