It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
(male)

RageingFlame HB User
Circumsision and foreskin? confused about something here...

Hi...

Do you actually need to be circumsised? And is your foreskin actually supposed to go down just passed the head? Am really confused about it and the wee skin bit that keeps the foreskin attached ( I dont knw the names) thats reder than the rest of the foreskin inside am just really confused and I would like to know what it all means and what it actually should be... please enlighten me since I am 18 and I figured I should know this stuff...

Old 10-13-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
(male)

amigoingtobeok HB User
Re: Circumsision and foreskin? confused about something here...

You definately don't HAVE to get circumcised. Some people do because of religion, medical reasons or as a cosmetic surgery, like I did at fourteen.

The red thing that attaches the foreskin to the glans is called the "Frenelum" which is another one of the ultra sensitive tissues. If this is too tight, it can restrict maximum retraction, but this can be fixed quite easily.

As for the foreskin, yes. The foreskin is supposed to go passed the glans and expose the whole head. If it doesn't, it means you have something called Phimosis, which is a VERY common condition. It means, basically, that your foreskin is tight, therefore it doesn't retract all the way. Its no big deal, but you should start stretching it out to fix this problem, as you are very likely to have a smegma (a small, fungus-like infection.) build up inside your foreskin, and it is much harder to clean in this condition.

Some people with phimosis pinch the foreskin shut, then pee for a few secondes inside their own foreskin, which helps wash out the smegma. This wont cause any further problems, because urine is sterile.

If you ARE experiencing phimosis, to find out HOW to make your foreskin looser, read the sticky at the top of this board called "stretching to fix tight foreskin" or something to that effect.

Good luck!
David

Last edited by amigoingtobeok; 10-13-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
(male)

RageingFlame HB User

thanks david

But... argh the infection sounds revolting... I will stretch it from now on as because it hurts when I stretch it and it is quite tight. Also does your head actually supposed to be sensitive to? because its like ultra sensitive...

Last edited by RageingFlame; 10-13-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Old 10-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
(male)

amigoingtobeok HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageingFlame View Post
thanks david

But... argh the infection sounds revolting... I will stretch it from now on as because it hurts when I stretch it and it is quite tight. Also does your head actually supposed to be sensitive to? because its like ultra sensitive...
The hyper-sensitivity is completely normal, once it's exposed more that will slowly start to become touchable. The infection isn't as bad as it sounds. It's kind of a white, cheesy substance built up underneath the foreskin, EVERYONE who is uncut has probably experienced it once.

Don't stretch to the point where you feel pain. Stretch until it feels as tight as possible with no pain, and without any risk of it getting stuck behind the glans. When this occurs, you'll want to push the blood from your glans back into your shaft to make it smaller, and if needed, lubricate the glans to make the foreskin slide easier. If this doesn't work, and it stays trapped, you're experiencing para-phimosis. In this unlikely, but very possible event, seek help immediately.

Again, if you haven't already, I strongly advise you to read the sticky about stretching to fix tight foreskin, where it also talks about stretching the frenelum and the occurrence of para-phimosis.

Just be patient, because in the end it's well worth it.

Regards!
David

Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
(male)

Solair HB User

Smegma, the white cheesy substance under your foreskin is *NOT* an infection, nor is it a sign of an infection. It's a substance secreted that keeps the area lubricated and clean.

It's perfectly normal and isn't anything to worry about.

Just gently rinse it out, with water when you're having a shower. (soap or any other cleansing agents are not advisable).

Closed Thread