It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
(male)

Timmy50 HB User
Low Testosterone, shrinking left testicle

I am a healthy 34 year old. Over the last year or so I have noticed symptoms of low testosterone, and have noticed that my left testicle has been shrinking. I went to my family Dr. in July and my testosterone level was 611. I began feeling worse recently (becoming emotional, ED problems ect.). A couple of weeks ago I went to a Urologist and again had my testosterone level checked. It was down to 369. I am suspecting that there is a problem with my left testical causing my drop in testosterone. I am having a ultrasound done in a few days and a follow up appointment with my urologist in a couple of weeks. He is open to putting me on TRT but I am not willing to do this until the cause of my low testosterone is diagnosed. I do not have any children but want to someday so TRT is a bit risky now in my opinion.

Does anyone have any ideas what would cause just one testicle to shrink? I'm just trying to gather more information before I go back to see my urologist. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Low Testosterone, shrinking left testicle

It is strange to have just one testicle shrink. I think you are right to resist replacement until you get this figured out. Since you feel emitional be sure to have him include estradiol and total estrogen along with LH in your lab work. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy50 View Post
I am a healthy 34 year old. Over the last year or so I have noticed symptoms of low testosterone, and have noticed that my left testicle has been shrinking. I went to my family Dr. in July and my testosterone level was 611. I began feeling worse recently (becoming emotional, ED problems ect.). A couple of weeks ago I went to a Urologist and again had my testosterone level checked. It was down to 369. I am suspecting that there is a problem with my left testical causing my drop in testosterone. I am having a ultrasound done in a few days and a follow up appointment with my urologist in a couple of weeks. He is open to putting me on TRT but I am not willing to do this until the cause of my low testosterone is diagnosed. I do not have any children but want to someday so TRT is a bit risky now in my opinion.

Does anyone have any ideas what would cause just one testicle to shrink? I'm just trying to gather more information before I go back to see my urologist. Any help would be appreciated.
I am only 25 but my left testicle has also shrunk dramatically!

I have had ultrasounds and they can't find a reason etc.

I am awaiting results of a fertility test but I fear my testosterone is low as I don't ejaculate as much (the urologist said that had nothing to do with low testosterone though) and don't have as much sexual drive... the again it might just be in my head as I'm waiting on results of stuff.

Last edited by determinedtowin; 02-02-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinedtowin View Post
I am only 25 but my left testicle has also shrunk dramatically!

I have had ultrasounds and they can't find a reason etc.

I am awaiting results of a fertility test but I fear my testosterone is low as I don't ejaculate as much (the urologist said that had nothing to do with low testosterone though) and don't have as much sexual drive... the again it might just be in my head as I'm waiting on results of stuff.
Ive now had a my sperm levels tested, they are normal. I am waiting for my testosterone results but the urologist seems to think I am fine. I have not twisted a testicle or anything so the shrinking is just one of those things he said.

Annoying but at least I'm ok!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinedtowin View Post
Ive now had a my sperm levels tested, they are normal. I am waiting for my testosterone results but the urologist seems to think I am fine. I have not twisted a testicle or anything so the shrinking is just one of those things he said.

Annoying but at least I'm ok!
Well, my testosterone levels are also normal.

Apparently my ridiculously shrunk testicle is just one of those things!!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

Be thankful....low T is hard to treat.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:37 AM   #7
(male)

dankly HB User

Hey. Im glad and kind of a bit sad to hear all of this. I too have recently had a dramatic decrease in size of my left testicle. Ive been to two doctors and they both, condescendingly mind you, told me that its normal and nothing to worry about. But there must be a reason as both my balls have always been the same size. I have no pain and no decrease in sexual function or desire.

Ive got an appointment with a urologist next month but I figure after reading this he wont be able to give me an answer either.

If I find out anything I'll post my results. Things don't just happen in the body for no reason but doctors of conventional medicine don't think this way as ive found out. If they cant give you a reason they say its normal when there is obviously an abnormality. Strange, very strange.

Closed Thread