It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

puffy nipples

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2003, 07:28 AM   #1
inquisitor

inquisitor HB User
Post puffy nipples

hey guys,

i was wondering, for the past few years and since he started puberty, my younger bro has developed puffy nipples. he has remained active and enjoys sports and is very athletic. he's skinny and actually muscular. i was wondering, what causes this? i and my dad don't have it. it might be the "male breast" syndrome, but not sure. one thing though is that, both my dad and i don't necessarily have the model bodies. were both a little overweight, not obese. so what is this really then? he seems to be really conscious about it. he haunches, and seems to shy away from having its being shown like swimming, and even changing clothes in front of me, even though we can be comfortable with seeing each other naked or semi-naked. how can approach him and tell im what is wrong. it seems like its bothering him, but he has not told anybody or made any inclination to it.

so again what is this, and how to correct em and how can i help him here?

inq

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2003, 02:58 PM   #2
Gine2D
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
If he is in his early teens the "puffies" may go away.

Most, if not all, teens are over sensitive about their body appearance. He should look around & see that there are many guys with the same condition or even large breasts. Most hide it until after the teen years.

Some develop serious negative attitudes & hate their bodies. They become loners. They will not socialize. They think everyone judges them by the size of their ****. They will wear multiple layers of shirts & even flunk gym class in school before they will take off their shirts.

It is now becoming so common that many teens are starting to accept it as normal since about half of their friends have the same condition.

It also is genetic. It runs in many families. My dad, & sons have large breasts. We do not have puffies.

G

Old 07-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #3
Marco
Inactive

Marco HB User
I had "puffies" as a young teen. I was very self-conscious, was reluctant to take off my shirt, the whole deal. I'm a lot older now, and I can't think why I fussed so. I have normal nipples with broad areolae (the area around the nipple). I've lived long enough to have seen the same on lots of men. The puffiness is much reduced - guess it happened gradually. Remind your bro that people are different, including this way. And let him know that you saw an item on HB about this guy who had the same condition, whom girls always found attractive, and who has derived much sexual pleasure from those prominent nips!

Old 07-28-2003, 07:35 AM   #4
inquisitor

inquisitor HB User
hi,

thanks for the replies. i am still uncertain what really is this puffy nipples. are they the start of gynecomastia or just a growing up type of thing. my bro has, as i should say, a swimmer's build. he's lean, his chest is practically smooth and has the beginning of pecs. he's 17. i noticed this started since like he was 14. from what i see it looks like the areola is just puffy, it literally sticks out and very noticeable and in stark contrast to his flat chest. imagine having a hershey kiss on your chest. this is probably the closest description i cna think of. so what is this really. i feel bad for him. so any help and more clarification is appreciated.

inq

Old 07-29-2003, 06:39 AM   #5
Marco
Inactive

Marco HB User
Like I said, INQ, the condition is absolutely normal, if not common. That's it. All the rest are head games. This is the message you should be communicating. Worst thing is to make him feel self-conscious about his nips. ONE MO TIME: it's a normal variant. Many men have 'em. Can't do anything about 'em. JUST ACCEPT and go on. As he observes that NO ONE GIVES A ******, he'll relax!

Closed Thread