It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Tumour

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2003, 09:05 AM   #1
JonnyReb

JonnyReb HB User
Post Tumour

Hey all i was wanderin when a guy is checkin for tumours on the testicals what would they look like and how big would they be?

Can a tumour look like a tube or vain?...im not sure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 10:56 AM   #2
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
No, cancerous tumors of the testicle (testicular cancer), does not feel like a tube or vein. There are many tubes, veins, and arteries in the scrotum that connect to the testicles, mostly along the back side of each testicle. These are all normal. These tubes provide the testicles with blood, and carry sperm from the testicles to the body.

Testicular cancer usually feels like a pea-sized hard lump on the surface of the testicle itself. Its not attached to the testicle or floating around in the scrotum next to it, its like part of the surface of the testicle.

To check for testicular cancer doing the TSE or Testicular Self Examination (guys should do this at least once per month), grab each testicle between your thumb and index finger, and feel along the surface of the entire testicle. It should feel smooth and firm. You will feel some soft lumpy tubes along the back and top and bottom of the testicle that may hurt a little when touched - this is normal, and is the epidydimus, which carries the sperm away from the testicles to the body. But if you feel a hard bump or lump on the testicle, or if the testicle is soft or squishy and not firm, then you need to see a doctor for an examination.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:57 AM   #3
JonnyReb

JonnyReb HB User
me again i have a tube running along the testical from the front to the side of it. it feels attached is this a tumour then coz it isnt free floating...sometimes it feels hard....not sure.

Old 08-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #4
JonnyReb

JonnyReb HB User
focus can u shed n e light on this or n e body?

Closed Thread