It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Slight burning on penis.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
asdf1

asdf1 HB User
Post Slight burning on penis.

oh my god. im so embarrased by this. im 16 and i havent had sex yet so im ruling all stds out. but i have some sort of redness, swelling type pinching pain in the skin of my penis. i havent been circumcissed and it that skin that has this. oh god, it's like the skin that is cover and is in direct contact with my head. it really hurts. its been hurting for 6 hours. almost to the point when walking hurts it because it touches the fabric of my boxers. is it an infection. i dont wanna go see a doctor. please help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 05:06 AM   #2
Fles
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Hi asdf1.

Don't panic. Usually there is a simple explanation for these sorts of problems -- and a simple solution (usually waiting, watching and being patient).

You haven't given a full explanation of the problem so it's difficult to understand what's going on. It sounds like some sort of reaction to soap or some other stuff that might have come into contact with your penis.

Can you retract your foreskin fully behind the head of your penis? Did the redness happen after you masturbated? Does it hurt when you ****?

Rememeber, we're not doctors here. Give a more detailed description: maybe that will help.

Old 08-19-2003, 08:15 AM   #3
asdf1

asdf1 HB User
im sorry about that. i was very nervous and anxious because well, its my dick. no it doesnt hurt when i pee. i did tho, clean my bathroom with a new chemical that 'would create irritation and burning in mocus areas and/or on sensitive skin'. so i cleaned my penis really good before going to bed and the redness and pain died down over the night. its not as bad. i could pull the skin all the way back but it was very inflammed last night. i havent checked it today tho. i will need to go shower in about 30 minutes so i will check then. it was very scary i can tell u that.

Old 08-19-2003, 01:56 PM   #4
asdf1

asdf1 HB User
ok its a little better. its only itchy when i pull back the foreskin. the redness is mostly gone except a little on the foreskin and behind the head. it actually looks like blood. its freaking me out. please does anyone know what it might be. im figuring a reaction to a new cleaning chemical. does anyone know how long a reaction lasts?!?! its been roughly 24 hours since it first started.

Old 08-19-2003, 03:30 PM   #5
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Yeah, its probably the cleaning stuff. I don't know how you got that stuff under your foreskin, but be careful next time! As you found out, the inner foreskin and glans is very sensitive to any soap or cleaning chemicals. Its basically sensitive to anything other than water, urine, or semen.

Old 08-19-2003, 04:27 PM   #6
asdf1

asdf1 HB User
yah its freaking me out. im never using that stupid product again. bunch of crap. maybe i shouldnt of cleaned the shower wearing shorts. bah. its not irritating as much anymore but the redness is still there, but fading. its truning into a deeper red but its slightly going away.

Old 08-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #7
Fles
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Hey asdf1!

If it is the cleaning stuff that has burnt your dick, you should see some improvement in a couple days. If there is no improvement or it becomes worse, you might have to start thinking about a visit to the doctor.

From what you say, it seems to be showing signs of getting better, so that's good. Keep us posted.

Best wishes.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:49 AM   #8
asdf1

asdf1 HB User
ahhh...it's getting alot better. there is absolutely no irritating what soever anymore. not even when i pull it back, erect or not. the redness is still there but it changed from a dark bloodshot red to a normal redskin type redness, like when something is sitting on it it turns red. that kind of red. ahhh man. thanks for the info and the support. its nice to see that theres a place where people can discuss this freely without being humiliated. thanx.

Closed Thread