It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

a question for lance or anyone who knows this

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2003, 04:09 PM   #1
guy

guy HB User
Question a question for lance or anyone who knows this

hi. you know that median scar thing i think its called a raphae? well you know how on some people its on the penis too? well in people who have it on their penis too, what does it look like or what is it supposed to look like?

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 08-27-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #2
guy

guy HB User
i'm talking about the thing that you get when your cells divide or something i'm not sure if thats it.

i'm 14 by the way. i dont' know if that makes a difference

Old 08-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #3
sdp2
Veteran

sdp2 HB User
I believe it would just be a darker line running down the middle of the bottom side of the shaft.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #4
guy

guy HB User
and if this is true, then how wide should it be? should it be raised? also,does age make a difference? how sure are you of all this?

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 08-27-2003).]

Old 08-27-2003, 10:44 PM   #5
JDinCA
(male)

JDinCA HB User
I have never heard of this type of scar. You said some people have this on they're penis,where is this type of scar usually located? Do you mean a Keloid scar?

Old 08-28-2003, 02:48 AM   #6
Lance2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, I'm not quite sure on this one. I suspect that there could be a visible line on the shaft for some of us. I'd also suspect that when erect that line could be more visible or raised a bit as a result of the erection. All of that equipment was created in the cell division stages of our development so "left over" traces of that cell division are possible. Hope this helps and I could be totally off base as well.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:03 PM   #7
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by guy:
and if this is true, then how wide should it be? should it be raised? also,does age make a difference? how sure are you of all this?
I know what you're talking about, and its normal. I've seen pictures of some guys who have this raphae extend all the way from the scrotum to near the tip of the penis. Most people have it only noticeable on the scrotum. But on some, its still noticeable on the underside of the penis, especially if they are uncut. The cases I've seen of it were all raised on the penis section. It looked like a thin skin-colored vein raised beneath the skin, and sometimes it wasn't competely straight and had a bend in the line. I don't think age has anything to do with it, although it probably becomes much more noticeable as the penis grows during puberty.

It's normal - just the way you are.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:00 PM   #8
guy

guy HB User
mine isn't really raised on the penis. it is sort of a different color than the rest of skin on the penis. it is less than a centimeter wide on the penis but more than 3 millimeters wide. it goes from top to bottom of the penis. i am uncircumsized.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:06 PM   #9
jeeek

jeeek HB User
is it like a ring kind of that goes around your penis thats a different color then the rest of it??

Old 08-29-2003, 10:18 AM   #10
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by guy:
mine isn't really raised on the penis. it is sort of a different color than the rest of skin on the penis. it is less than a centimeter wide on the penis but more than 3 millimeters wide. it goes from top to bottom of the penis. i am uncircumsized.
Does the line follow down to your scrotum? If so, then that is definitely your raphae. Its doesn't have to be raised - could just look like a scar with different skin color.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #11
guy

guy HB User
it goes from top of the penis to where the penis meets the scrotum. it is on the scrotum too, but on the scrotum it is alot narrower and on the scrotum it matches the skin color of the scrotum which is darker than the rest of my body. on the scrotum, the line is barely noticable. it is maybe a bit raised on the scrotum. on the area between the anus and the scrotum, the line is narrow too, maybe a millimeter wide, like on the scrotum i think, and raised a little bit. but on the penis it is maybe 4 millimeters wide or something like that, and pretty much flat.

i said the word scrotum alot but i am just trying to explain in the best of detail.

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 08-29-2003).]

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 08-29-2003).]

Old 08-30-2003, 09:26 AM   #12
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Yeah, that's your raphae then. Joing the club - all of us guys have it. Again, some are more noticeable than others. Yours may be more noticeable on the penis than others, but there's nothing wrong with that, and there are plenty of others out there just like you.

Old 09-02-2003, 03:18 AM   #13
guy

guy HB User
sorry i didn't respond, i was away from home for the weekenend.

another thing is, i don't remember noticing the line on my PENIS even a few years ago i think. i don't know if it was there or not. (i'm talking about on the penis)

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 09-02-2003).]

Closed Thread