It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Scrotum Rubbing Against Leg

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2003, 04:26 AM   #1
Unknowing

Unknowing HB User
Angry Scrotum Rubbing Against Leg

I'm not exactly sure where this subject fits, but I think Male Anatomy is close enough...

I think it was almost a week ago now that a small group of pimples started developing on my leg (well, I think they're pimples - they're small enough) , next to my scrotum. I didn't really think much of it, but made sure that I washed a bit better in that area after that. Walking around would always cause my scrotum to always rub up against this area, causing the pimpled area to become irritated. I'd find myself using my hand to slightly rub at the area, it was really annoying.

Well, it's even more annoying now. For some reason, three days ago, I decided that I'd try shaving my groin region a bit, for the first time ever. And so I did. Didn't shave off much, just a sort of run-through with a razor, but it was enough to make my pubic area really itchy. That only lasted for a day or two.

But what's really bad is that this seems to have irritated my already-irritated area on my leg even more. While there no more pimples forming, the ones that were there have all turned pinkish-red, and have spread out a bit, sort of blending in with my skin. Some of the areas of this rash-looking thing seem to be drying up slightly, as I can see dried skin here and there.

I'm trying to decrease the amount of walking that I do during the day, to keep the irritation down as much as possible. I want to go and buy some cream, or something, to apply to this. What would you recommend? I don't want to see a doctor just yet; hopefully it will get better soon.

Your suggestions, please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 09:34 AM   #2
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Do you wear boxers? If so, try switching to briefs for a while as they will help keep the scrotum from touching the inner leg and causing more irritation.

Also, you may have a fungal infection, commonly called "jock itch". Try an anti-fungal/anti-yeast ointment available at a pharmacy.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
Unknowing

Unknowing HB User
I wore briefs before this started, but I've now switched to boxers, to see if it helps at all, as the briefs were causing it to itch heaps. I might try switching back, though, and see how it fares now. (yeah, it doesn't itch like it used to with briefs on now)

It's not itching much at all now, only slightly after I've been walking... I think it's starting to go away, but really slowly.

I'll try to find some of that ointment, and try it out. Thanks. Though I might see a doctor instead...

Old 08-22-2003, 12:48 AM   #4
JDinCA
(male)

JDinCA HB User
It could be a heat rash. But for peace of mind go see the Doctor.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
Unknowing

Unknowing HB User
The doctor said it was jock-itch, and prescribed me some anti-fungal cream. Now, should I be wearing boxers or briefs? There's no difference to the irritation level for both boxers and briefs (not much irritation at all, really). But would it be better to have the material of briefs rubbing up against it, or my skin?

Old 09-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
ttomm
(male)

ttomm HB User
BATWINGS!!!

Old 09-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #7
Sinbad
(male)

Sinbad HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknowing:
....I think it was almost a week ago now that a small group of pimples started developing on my leg (well, I think they're pimples - they're small enough) , next to my scrotum. I didn't really think much of it, but made sure that I washed a bit better in that area after that. Walking around would always cause my scrotum to always rub up against this area, causing the pimpled area to become irritated. I'd find myself using my hand to slightly rub at the area, it was really annoying.

......But what's really bad is that this seems to have irritated my already-irritated area on my leg even more.

.....I'm trying to decrease the amount of walking that I do during the day, to keep the irritation down as much as possible.

Your suggestions, please.
I myself detest boxer shorts -- just don't like the equipment freely dangling and chafing the inner leg and the scrotum. I'm not fond of briefs either because the equipment is smothered in the groin. The solution for me is an "extreme brief" which has a pouch into which penis and scrotum can be tucked. No dangling and no smothering. They are available from UnderGear and Calvin Klein. Maybe that would work for you and others that are not happy with boxers or ordinary briefs.

------------------
Peace. Sinbad the old sailor.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #8
Pebble2

Pebble2 HB User
when I am home or if i think I can get away with it, I go nude under my shorts or lounging pants. I like to have my penis receiving a bit of attention from my thighs or whatever pants I am wearing.

Old 09-24-2003, 08:38 PM   #9
xdiiiidx
(male)

xdiiiidx HB User
wow i got like the same problem.. everything matches up with mine.. what did he prescribe? what can i Get for jock itch?

Closed Thread