It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 09:19 PM   #1

Tweeter HB User
Unhappy Extreme Pain/Burning in penis after urination and difficulty peeing (long)

This stems from an older injury originally. I guess I will describe how it happened. Slightly embaressing but here's the whole thing.

I was 21 at the time, 26 now. When I was masturbating, just as I ejaculated I grabbed my penis hard cutting off the flow of semen by crushing, I am guessing, my urethra. I realized what I had done and immedietly let go and flow continued. Shortly later things followed up by a very bad burning sensation. This lasted a few days followed up by a number of pains, soreness and that incredible burning sensation. In fact, immedietly after the incident I couldn't pee. I tried to and something completely prevented the flow of urine. I waited a few hours and was able to slowly pee afterwards, forcing it out. This _REALLY_ freaked me out at the time.

I went to the doctor about this a couple weeks later. The uroligst ran some tests and gave my a cystoscopy (I don't know the correct spelling). He said he didn't find anything. However, I was too embarressed to tell him exactly HOW it happened so I said it was from an impact when wrestling around with some friends. My fault for not telling him the truth. So after that I figured to let it heal on its own. In the meantime I didn't masturbate for some time.

Eventually it appeared to slowly get better. Sometimes acting up with a mild burning sensation, irritation or pain. Over the past 3 years or so it's been like that. Acting up maybe once every two months for a day or I just feel a sharp pain momentarily here and there. In that time I have had sex on a number of occasions, have masturbated since and peed freely with it occasionally acting up here and there but no big problems. I would occasionally get muscle spasms and some odd sensations but nothing that didn't go away in a few hours.

Then about 4 months ago I got the severe burning again. I rode it out, it lasted for a short time and faded away over a couple days.

Then last week it came back. It started to get better and came back stronger, then fade some and it came back SEVER tonight (10/22). Severe to the point I almost came to tears from it. I made an appointment earlier this week to visit with another uroligist but it's not till Monday. Not the same uroligist since I have since moved to a new place. I was debating on going to the hospitol earlier tonight, however the burning subsided. I have peed 3 times since then (more than normal for me) and the urine was clear each time. The burning returned momentarily after peeing, lasting for 1 - 5 minutes. My penis is also really sensitive. I can't shake after peeing because it hurts. I can feel the pain is coming from inside and it's definitely coming from where I had the original injury. If I touch under there and apply mild pressure I can feel pain.

I am theorizing (as my mind races) that I damaged something, it healed, scar tissue formed, got iritated and inflamed causing this problem now. In fact, I may even have a slight bladder infection making it worse. I think a bladder infection as well because of the increased burning, frequent urination and the toilet bowel in my place is small. When I sit to relieve myself the tip of my penis sometimes just touches the rim, which is obviously not the cleanest of places.

This is the first time I am posting anything about this and probably the most detail I have ever gone into about this so far. Any help/suggestions would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2003, 01:13 PM   #2

Tweeter HB User
If anyone out there is curious I have the outcome of this. I went to the uroligist today. It turns out I have chronic prostatitis which is an inflamation of the prostate. I was prescribed two medications, one is an anti-inflamitory called Vioxx and the other is an anti-bacterial called Levaquin (If I am reading the Dr's handwritting correctly). I am on both for 6 weeks. I will start tomorrow when I pick up my presecription

Old 10-27-2003, 07:57 PM   #3

Brently7 HB User
Hopefully all flows pain free soon, good luck

Old 07-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
(male)

dkd1331 HB User
Exclamation Re: Extreme Pain/Burning in penis after urination and difficulty peeing (long)

i have a similar problem. it started less than a week ago. after masterbating, i went to go pee. i had a terrible stinging throughout the tip of my penis. after the pain ever since then, the things that're being bothered have become a little more clear.
the burning/stinging is only as the unrine leaves my penis(even worse with semen) and as it leaves, the pain shoots the entire length of my penis. it sometimes feels as if there are little shards of glass or something stuck in my urethra because i can push on my penis like a tube of toothepaste feel the pain move upward toward the tip. the stinging lasts for a few min after.
I have not seen a doctor yet. i was wondering if i could have possibly sprained something, a minor injury that would heal itself, or if it is urgent to see someone about this. the pain is very bad, enough to make me wish i never had to pee again. there is slight redness around the penis hole. the urine stings it even on the outside of it(on the hole). i am worried that something could be very wrong. that is why i ask for advice and help first, before taking major steps. could this heal itself? please help me find an answer.
thanks to all who are willing to help

Old 07-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

LALOV929 HB User
Re: Extreme Pain/Burning in penis after urination and difficulty peeing (long)

dkd1331, I suggest you see a urologist ASAP. Prostatitis comes in many
forms but the most dangerous is acute bacterial (as opposed to chronic
bacterial). What you have described could very well be the acute form.
Or it could be a bladder infection or an infection of your urethra. You
need a professional to sort it out for you. If it's acute you'll be put on
a course of antibiotics. Good Luck.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
(male)

enjey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkd1331 View Post
i have a similar problem. it started less than a week ago. after masterbating, i went to go pee. i had a terrible stinging throughout the tip of my penis. after the pain ever since then, the things that're being bothered have become a little more clear.
the burning/stinging is only as the unrine leaves my penis(even worse with semen) and as it leaves, the pain shoots the entire length of my penis. it sometimes feels as if there are little shards of glass or something stuck in my urethra because i can push on my penis like a tube of toothepaste feel the pain move upward toward the tip. the stinging lasts for a few min after.
I have not seen a doctor yet. i was wondering if i could have possibly sprained something, a minor injury that would heal itself, or if it is urgent to see someone about this. the pain is very bad, enough to make me wish i never had to pee again. there is slight redness around the penis hole. the urine stings it even on the outside of it(on the hole). i am worried that something could be very wrong. that is why i ask for advice and help first, before taking major steps. could this heal itself? please help me find an answer.
thanks to all who are willing to help
Hi, i have the exact same thing but i only have the pain sometimes but also I remember having this pain when i was a small child(im 16 now) and i kept on thinking that this was normal to humans(my mistake) because nobody told me. It hurts like hell. I dont know what to do and i would like to know what the outcome of your problem was.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
(male)

fushi4 HB User
Red face Re: Extreme Pain/Burning in penis after urination and difficulty peeing (long)

This happened about an hour ago. I ejaculated normally, nothing fancy. About 20 mins later I urinated. I have had pains like this before, but NEVER this bad. A 9/10 with pain, and i deal with pain very well but this is bad. My pee was normal color (light yellow). No blood although it feels like i should be from this. What should i do? please help. This pain is almost the worst i have ever had from anything. and i have broken a few bones. It doesnt seem to go away and the pain (worst) happens about 20 seconds after i pee. and I cant concentrate on anything else. PLEASE HELP! ty
PS:15 years old

Old 08-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

LALOV929 HB User
Exclamation Re: Extreme Pain/Burning in penis after urination and difficulty peeing (long)

fush14: If this doesn't calm down soon, I'll repeat what I wrote in
my previous post on this thread: If the pain is intense and continues
you'd better see a urologist ASAP. It could be acute bacterial
prostatitis and that can be very dangerous, even preventing the
passage of urine and causing the infection to back up into the
bladder and then the kidneys. Don't try to tough it out. But if
it starts calming down you can take a chance on it going away
with the help of your immune system. Lotsa Luck.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

Tweeter,
Glad to hear you finially went to teh Doc, and good luck on the meds..
Keil

Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
(male)

Living still HB User

These things are often embarassing. Penile injuries happen not just from ourselves but from sexual partners too. Doctors are good at diagnosing the severity of this stuff fast so if you are even the least bit concerned go. Don't leave these things as they only usually get worse and are usually easily curable if dealt with early on. No-one will fault you if you over react about that. It can be scarey and at times serious.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
(male)

Natte HB User

I realize it has been awhile since there has been a posting on this matter, however, I feel as though I have been inflicted with a similar health concern as mentioned throughout this thread.

From my own thoughts, I feel it could be a kidney stone, but I am unsure. The pain I felt was a minute after ejaculating and peeing. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I am 26, by the way.

Is there anyone who has had a clear diagnosis on this matter or who has information that could prove helpful?

Thank you,

Natte

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
(male)

Living still HB User

I am of course no expert and you could be right in terms of kidney stones however it could be a lot of things. First thing to do is to see a doc and have the full STD run. After reading so much about this stuff I come to find out that what are considered "STD only type infections" aren't quite so exclusive. It is extremely unlikely but it is possible though so give up the blood and be sure. BTW I understand also the falablity in the affore mentioned tests is more to do with false positives so if the result is do it again. It might not be. The other thing is it could be a different type of infection that doesn't show up in those tests so it is important to follow up on the testing thing even if it is negative. I read that 60% of men your age and older are contracting one form of prostititis (infection or inflamation of the prostate) or another. Early on these are often easily curable with no long term repercussions. I urge you don't wait and get after this. Hope this helps.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
(male)

nhussanee HB User
Thumbs up Re: Extreme Pain/Burning in penis after urination and difficulty peeing (long)

Greetings.
I live in Toronto/Ontario, Canada
My name is Nor and I have a wife & 2 kids.
I know how u feel!
That happened to me 3 weeks ago. The sensation happened right after being intimate with my wife. I didn't think much of it after the first urine. The second day it felt worse so I went to the nearest clinic and they gave me antibiotics. It helped a little but not that much. My wife suggested that I try 3 biopedic yogurt...so I did. It makes it better, although you have to eat alot. After I went for an examination it was determined to be an inflamed prostate. The clinic doc told me to advise my own doc and to get a urologist appointment. I will inquire at the local pharmacy if they have anything over the counter that will help. My wife also suggested to take a bath with baking soda.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
(male)

Living still HB User

Hey Guy. Your from my own hood. Anyway, yes I guess they didn't give you a long run of Antibiotics hence they wouldn't help much. My urologist told me when he first gave them to me that they take a long time to absorb into the prostate. I have had many previous posts about this but in brief I will tell you that a one-off prostate infect left untreated or impoperly treated can become chronic (my issue). Run to the doctor as soon as you have any symptoms and get a referral to a good Urologist. We have a few in Toronto who are very familiar with these diseases and the most current treatments associated with them. The other thing is that your wife is on the right track with probiotic treatment. We have a store called "the Carrot Common" on the Danforth. The "dispensory" has many things of an over the counter persusion that have helped me a lot. Check them out, my doc (Very well known Urologist, part of research team for Prostititis treatment internationally) took notes of what I was taking from there. They worked that well!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
(male)

john smith93 HB User

i have the same problem too,pain and burning at the tip and i can feel it from the inside too,and thanks for tellin us to visit the doctor but could u tell me what are the causes of this?and what other solutions are there other than visiting a doctor,because i really dont want anyone from my family,or even friends know about that!

Closed Thread