It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2002, 06:57 PM   #1

blurk HB User
Unhappy pearly white papules

hello

I am seventeen and have had a problem for about 4 years the shaft and scrotumn of my penis (mainly the underside) is covered in little (about 1-2mm) white spots, having checked many sites for information on this the closest symptoms ive found are that of Pearly White Papules but ive only heard of these on the head of the penis (i am uncircumcised), does anyone know what these symptoms are? and can they be treated?? I have been avoiding sex because of this problem and the embarassment I causes

thankyou all

Old 04-21-2002, 11:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
Trust me on this one. They are just hair follicles and sebaceous glands. All guys start getting them around puberty. You can't get rid of them and they are completely normal. Relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2002, 07:35 PM   #3

Dannzya HB User
i have this problem too.. its horrible.. what is it?!?!
And.. there is no way to get rid of it?

Old 05-31-2002, 02:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Common especially for uncut guys. Nothing you did to get them and nothing you can do to get rid of them, part of the equipment. Please don't deny yourself sex over this, if she says anything, explain what they are and keep moving!

Old 05-31-2002, 11:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
G'day Blurk, nice to see someone else from Brisbane. I agree mostly with Lance. These things are hair folicles and sebaceous glands. Sometimes you get one that is whiter than the rest and a little white material can be squeezed out of it. Sometimes too one can get infected and become a pimple but mostly they are just there and do no harm. It's just that the skin of your genitals is so thin and mobile you notice them more. I would disagree with Lance on one point, I think cut guys have them just as much as intact guys, at least below the scar line. I certainly have plenty and have never had any comment from a woman about them. I doubt that any girl will notice them and if you are the first guy she has seen you can truthfully say that all guys have them, it's just that you only notice them when you get up close. You would be abnormal if you didn't have them and there is no doctor on earth who would even try to get rid of them.
Please don't hide yourself away because of them any longer. For both you and Dannzya they should be the last thing on your minds and those of your lovers.
Hope this helps,
Geoff

[This message has been edited by GeoffB (edited 06-01-2002).]

Old 06-02-2002, 03:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey Geoff, I was referring to PPP being more common for uncut guys and the fact that PPP is usually around the head of one's penis and fairly symetrical in configuration. If he's dealing with hair follicles or subaceous gland things or just the normal "bumpy skin" then all of the other would be true!

Old 06-03-2002, 05:57 PM   #7

blurk HB User
Smile

yeah they are just hair follicles and I thank you all for your reply's , now excuse me i've gotta go get laid

Old 06-04-2002, 02:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Be safe and have fun!

Old 06-17-2002, 05:50 PM   #9

jlx1600 HB User
Exclamation

Hey, I'm a cut 15 year old male, and I have little white bumps absolutely covering my scrotum and 3/4 of the way up all around my penis...they're often itchy and I'm holding back sexual contact because I suspect girls will be quite freaked out and think its really wierd; the bumps are impossible to miss and they completely cover the area.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 06-17-2002, 06:15 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
There is nothing to help. It's been said again and again. The skin colored/white bumps on the scrotum and shaft of the penis and completely normal hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Completely normal and all guys have this, so quit freaking.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:05 AM   #11

jlx1600 HB User
Question

not all guys have so many all over that area though, do they?

Old 06-18-2002, 01:25 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
I've never checked out any guys penis but I would venture to say, yes.

Old 07-16-2002, 11:48 AM   #13
(male)

mattiscool2002 HB User
Unhappy

Hey everyone always talk about PPP's on the head round the rim but when u got loads of these all over your foreskin and loads of them that r spreading and getting bigger all the time then that is depressing. Im male 21 from the uk and its so awful cos theyre not only on the head round the rim but all over foreskin so theres no hiding it!
Im thinkin bout gettin circumsised bcos of it but i soooo dont want to lose my foreskin, its very depressing!

Wots worse when you get the same kind of pimples all over your top lip then you rlly cant hide!

You dont know how much ive searched the net for ppl with the same thing as i got but i aint found ne1, not even doctor was sure wot they were, i feel so alone and helpless but theres nothing i can do. No gf's for me then!!!

Old 07-16-2002, 01:10 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud, before you give up....sounds as if you already have. See a doc and get an opinion on this, it might be that there is something that can be done with what sounds like a pretty extreme case!

Old 07-22-2002, 08:00 AM   #15
(male)

mattiscool2002 HB User
Angry

Been to the doctor and guess what he said! Er.. theres no name for it! He said he knows what it is but when i asked him to tell me the name he said unsurely that it didnt have a name. He just seemed a right idiot to me, he was only a temporary doc cos my other doc was on holiday but my other doctor didnt know what it was so how good does that make me feel! Not very good at all

Well i see the dermatologist in bout a month so hopefully he or she will know wot they r, im doubting it though!!

Closed Thread