It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
(male)

KMFDM HB User
Withdrawn testicles

When I was a child, I had loose skin on my scrotum and I had some of it cut in an operation, don't know details. In the summer, my testicles tend to hang normally but during a cold weather, especially after arriving home, they are withdrawn, sometimes terribly. Having this condition causes me a lot of depression, the feeling is unbearable. In the cold weather, just having a hot bath, ejaculating or just having an erection can help temporarily. Anything I could do?

Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Withdrawn testicles

I think this is a question for a doctor familiar with that type of surgery, and not well meaning but untrained people on the internet. Best of luck with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
(male)

KMFDM HB User

Just excess skin that seemingly at that young age interfered with penis growth. Anyway, am I the only one who has such an issue caused by low body temperature? At the recruitment, when doing all the medical examinations, at one stage they had 20 of us stay in a semi-circle naked in front of the doctor and doing all sort of movements, it was cold and I was the only one like that. Today I'm starting to have some sort of fever and my testicles look normal.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
(male)

GroinPainInCali HB User

You should definately talk toba physician, and I would suggest talking to a Urologist if you can. I'm no expert,but its my opinion that if you see a connection between your retreating testes, a long ago performed surgical procedure and current complications including a fever (normally this indicates an infection somewhere in your body), its more than likely you are correct: You are the one who best knows what is normal, and what isn't with regard to your body mechanics.

TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!
Depressed, Stressed, Worried, And Paniked

Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
(male)

GroinPainInCali HB User

Sounds to like you should even seek consult with a urologist. I knew this gal whose husband's teste's would run and hide in his abdomen, and would frequently become ill with epidydamitis (sp). Thing is, when he was a kid one of his testcles didn't decend. A corrective surgery was performed and a complication (not figured out for decades) was those holes where the teste retreats for warmth, were accidentally made to larger, and the teste would retreat way way to far. .... sound familiar?

Talk to a doctor about this asap.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
(male)

KMFDM HB User

My operation was a simple one, as I said just removing scrotum skin, my testicles were descended. I don't have any complications, never did, besides not feeling right just worrying if this can cause low sperm count or other fertility related issues. Kinda embarrassed about seeking a doctor and don't know how to approach.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
(male)

GroinPainInCali HB User

its my firm beleif that if you feel awkward or uncomfortable talking with your physician, you should seek out a different doc. A doctor is basically just like a car mechanic, if they don't know what's wrong there is no way to diagnose and take corrective action: While a doctor knows a lot about chemistry, body mechanics/kinetics, nutrition, disease and its preventiion/treatment, they aren't mind readers. I bwould tell him how this issue has been anxiety inducing and is realy embarrising/troubling/difficult to talk about.

Guaranteed he has heard it before. Besides, you should seen the patient before you!!!..... had some hormone imbalance and now he has breasts like Dolly Parton (he can't wait to tell his pal in Oncology!)

Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
(male)

KMFDM HB User

lol Well, guess I should, thanks.

Closed Thread