It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 05:58 PM   #1

CAC HB User
Unhappy strange, chronic groin area symptoms

I appreciate any response and hope this seems familiar to someone.

I'm a 29 year old male.

About 4 years ago I noticed some minor, non-localized discomfort in my groin. The symptoms seemed to be worse in the evening and exacerbated by strenuous activity. I concluded that I had an inguinal hernia and figured I would eventually have to have surgery. I put it off.

Within the last 2 years I've experienced occasional sharp, shooting pains through the left testical/perineum. I'm also having a strange sensation of a tighness in the perineum and an abnormal "awareness" of my prostate, particularly during ejaculation when it feels as if there is a jack-hammer going off down there...and not in the normal good way. The contractions are so tight that it's uncomfortable. Also, when I sit, I tend to have to arange my testicals upward and push up a bit on the perineum to be comfortable.

Within the last year I'm experiencing some pain around my hip-flexors. Through this entire time frame I've had occasional mild dysuria which has always subsided just as soon as I get worried about it.

The most worrisome thing in the last couple years is the appearance of some faint, twisting, redish-brown, appx. 1/16-1/4 inch wide vessels extending down the inner-thigh about 5 inches and up a bit to the hip bone. They are not rupturing and are not hot to the touch but do throb a bit and are generally uncomfortable. They are palpable and the skin over the surface of them has a "stretched" appearance. Initialy I figured i was developing varicose veins but I've recently decided that they don't really look like that and they are more-or-less bilateral.

During this time I've had no swelling of the extremities, have been able to detect no lumps nor any varicocele textures. My left testical is a bit tender to palpate. Also, I haven't lost any weight nor had any unusual problems with fatigue.

Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis is the closest thing I can come up with, but isn't that unusual for a man my age? I seriously doubt now that it's a hernia, but I suppose it's possible. The only other thing that comes to mind possibly is persistent Chlamydia.

My testicals appear to be within normal variation in size relative to one another.

If I've had a tumor on my testical that has been metastasizing for all these years, wouldn't it be pretty evident? I would think I would be sick by now. Again, I'm not able to detect any lump.

I'm going to a clinic in a few days (I know, I should have gone years ago) and will ask for a DRE, scrotal ultra-sound, STD tests etc...what a delightfull afternoon this should be ;(

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

CAC

[This message has been edited by CAC (edited 07-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Man I'm not quite sure what may be going on here. I'm glad you're going to get things checked out. Please let us know what you find out as we may be able to help others if they experience the same symptoms. Good luck!

Old 07-18-2003, 02:55 AM   #3

CAC HB User
Thanks for the sentiments Lance...and feel free to venture an educated guess...looks like you've been around this forum for quite some time.

Not looking forward to fingers and swabs in 5 days.

I'll update, for sure.

Old 07-19-2003, 02:04 PM   #4

JayII HB User
Talking

Chronic prostatitis can happen to even young guys like us. I had a bout with what the urologist calle dthis and told me it can effect guys in many different ways. As far as the veins I am not sure but the testicle pain and lower discomfort is what I had- ejacualtions where rather painfull, I took numerous pills to help with the pain and it finally went away when I turned to a natural regiment of vitamins and minerals. Just some thoughts on my experience.

Old 07-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #5

fafafouy HB User
Hey CAC...I had a very similar pain about 4 years ago (but not the veins). I went to the uro because I it was about the time that Tom Green had cancer in his boys and I didn't want to mess around. I got an exam and an ultrasound on the boys but all was clear. Ironically enough the pain subsided shortly after getting the Ultrasound results. The Doc said it could be radiating pain coming from a pinched nerve in my back...Didn't care as long as it was gone.
A few weeks ago I started having slight pain during urination above my right love handle in the back. Went to Uro and he prescribed an IVP (contrast xrays) and ultrasound on my kidneys. Just this weekend I started getting that pain again. The whole time I have had varying levels of pain in my back so I don't know if its a back injury or what. After I go through my HMO he!! and get the tests done I will post results. Good luck and let us know how it goes with your exam.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:57 PM   #6

SK1 HB User
Re: strange, chronic groin area symptoms

I know there is pretty much zero possiblibity that you will look back on this thread, but I'm desperate to know what you found out!

I have the same symptoms exactly. Even the vein thing. Looks like a stretch mark or a scar, but it's running along a vien right under where my leg meets my torso. Same pain issues, same everything.

What the heck did you find out?! My doc told me I had a hernia, gave me some meds, and said to wait 3 weeks. The biggest pain went away after that, but now it's just a dull ache.

If you read this, dude, I'd love to know how it turned out. It's very wierd.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #7

Ranger HB User

Hello,

I'm not the original poster. But I can relate to his symptom list, totally. I had them a few years ago. It turned out to be prostatitis. Which is way less scary than other things I imagined. But it was my second doctor who figured it out. First one had no clue. Good luck.

Ranger

Old 01-16-2004, 07:33 AM   #8

SK1 HB User

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post that. It does kinda makes some sense. I first had my symptoms after one doc put me on steroids for an ear infection. In retrospect, I know that steroids shut down the immune system, and I wonder if I got an infection during that time. About 3 days into the steroid treatment, if felt like I got kicked in the bean-bag. Just a dull ache for days and days. It does'nt hurt when I urinate, so I was thinking it could'nt be prostatitis, but it could be.

So I guess I should see a doc about it again. Lovely. Maybe I should just take some vitamins and wait another month.

Anyway, thanks alot for the input. As you know, when wierd things start happening down below, it's pretty scary.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:35 PM   #9

Ranger HB User

I wouldn't wait around before seeing a doctor. Just in case.

On the other hand, if it is prostatitis, you might consider cutting way back on coffee (regular AND decaf, it isn't the caffeine that's bad) and colas. That helped me a lot. Also, get some soy isoflavones at the health food store. Those two things helped things continue to improve after a round of CIPRO took care of the worst of it.

Once the pain was gone, I went back to coffee, but had to watch it occasionally, cutting back when the ache returned. It really makes a difference.

Ranger

Old 01-23-2004, 10:20 PM   #10
Inactive

The_Cheese_Man HB User

Man can I EVER relate to this!. I had the EXACT same symptoms a year ago and was diagnosed with prostatitis. I read up on it quite a bit and I had ALL of the symptoms you described. Mine got so bad that I ended up with the following...

1) Epididymitis
2) Urinary "urgency"
3) Felt like I was literally sitting on my prostate gland
4) Aching, throbbing testicles
5) Sore, swollen cord/groin area
6) Lower abdomainal pains (dull to sharp aches)

I finally took Cipro and it cleared up after about a month. Man, what an ADVENTURE!!!.

Good luck dude!

Old 07-14-2005, 09:06 AM   #11
(male)

laikom HB User

just stretch marks

Last edited by laikom; 12-12-2007 at 02:07 AM.

Closed Thread