It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

penis problems - plz help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
Devoid

Devoid HB User
Question penis problems - plz help

K, this is quite embarrasing for me but I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability.

I'm 19 and for about 4 years (roughly) I've had very small white bumps (lots of them) around the base of the head of my penis. At one point they were growing in numbers but they have stayed the same for a while now. Also I have a sorta chapped look to the top of the head of my penis (the part I see when lookin down)
I masturbate fairly frequently about 8 times a week on average and have done so for a good 5-6 years, could this be the problem or is there some other cause?
If anyone can pinpoint anything here, or tell me any remedies, please do as I'm not the most confident of people and if someone says I should see a doctor I'd most likely just forget it and dwell on the whole thing.
I'm circumcised and have been since I was a baby if that makes a difference.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

[This message has been edited by Devoid (edited 07-30-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2003, 05:01 AM   #2
Lance2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, the masturbation didn't cause this so keep on enjoying yourself! This sounds like Pearly Penile Papules, more common in us uncut guys. I'd suggest you do some internet research on that, you'll probably be able to find some pics that would help you identify this better. If it is PPP, there isn't anything you can do about it, and nothing you did to cause it, just part of the equipment for some. Hope this helps, let us know if you need anything else.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:40 AM   #3
Devoid

Devoid HB User
Hey man, thanks for the reply, just before I read this reply I found a site with pics of PPP and figured thats what I have. They aren't really that big or scary looking like some I've seen now, they're just like a small trail around the head and a small gathering at the underside of the shaft, but do you think it's something that girls would feel a bit apprehensive about?
Also I couldn't find any clear info on whether PPP can spread and get worse and if this is common or not, so do they?

Secondly the chapped look to the head of my penis, anyone know what this could be? its like a half an inch patch and on the top of my penis. I couldn't find any info on this at all, hope yaz can help.

Thanks again

Old 07-30-2003, 06:52 AM   #4
Lance2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, I doubt if any girl is going to notice them...we are much more aware of things there and really study our equipment to make sure everything is OK. If anyone says anything, explain what they are and move on, no big deal at all. I doubt if they will spread or become more visible at all. I've heard that as we get older they may actually become less visible. As to that chapped patch, it could be from a couple of things. Maybe a change in soap that causes dryness? It may also be a result of masturbation without lubrication or chaffing because of underwear or the summer heat. You may try keeping a bit of hand lotion on it to see if it will re-moisturize. Hope this helps.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:23 AM   #5
Devoid

Devoid HB User
Thanks a lot Lance you have really helped me out here.
the chapped patch very well could be because on masturbating without lotion, I almost never use any, I'll look into that.
Thanks bud

Closed Thread