It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Chapped a bit... Need reassurance

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
DragonLor20

DragonLor20 HB User
Post Chapped a bit... Need reassurance

I am a lifegaurd at a waterpark and one day I am at work (this was late in the day for some reason) and I get off stand and the tip of my penis rubs against my boxers that I wear under my suit and it feels like the tip is super super sensitive (kind of as if it was raw) and it hurts every time it rubs against my shorts. The actual raw feeling went away within the next day or so but now the redness is still there (though less prominent) and it is as if the tip is chapped... It even has a split in it just like chapped lips would when one would smile with chapped lips (except your penis has a bit different method of smiling ). I still don't think I have had a day where I was out of the water at work for an entire day since this whole thing started about 3 or 4 days ago. The chlorine levels have been pretty varying because of some of the things that we have going on in the park.
I have seen a few other posts about people with this problem with chapping...
The visual symptoms for me are redness near or on the tip, the skin became rough in the red area which felt just like your lips when they are chapped, and even for me splitting when I became erect. There is no real burning when I pee or anything like that... Anyone else have what sounds like the same problem with it being summer and all? Or can anyone please tell me what this is or what it isn't and the best way to treat it? I actually leave the country in a couple of days and im not so sure I will be able to get in to the doctor... Has anyone had this problem and corrected it or seen a doctor about it?

------------------
Leben ist kurz.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 01:39 PM   #2
tommy124
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
it sounds like a slight infection. try diaper ointment with zinc, such as desitin, for a few days. that should clear it right up.

Old 08-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #3
DragonLor20

DragonLor20 HB User
Have you ever heard of a problem like that though? I really think it is the chlorine because chlorine is so corrosive (which is why most people don't really prefer sex in a pool) and I would just sit in wet shorts all day and when I would move there would be a lot of rubbing and since I am in the pool every day, my swim clothes aren't washed that often and so there is definitely a lot of chlorine... The only thing that concerns me is that I have never had this problem before now... Thanx for the response with the diaper powder and all that though, i will definitely have to give that a try. I am just concerned about whether it is an abrasion or an infection... I know you said an infection, but if that was so wouldn't it spread which it hasn't done at all really? I noticed the other night that I had some chaffing too... Thanx for all your help. Later.

------------------
Leben ist kurz.

Closed Thread