It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

morning body odor

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
kp_style

kp_style HB User
Exclamation morning body odor

need some help....
when i get up in the morning my room is full of odor...and i think it is from my arm-pit...someone told me to wipe my arm-pit with rubbing alcohol....does that work? any other suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
roni624
Inactive

roni624 HB User
KP...My husband has the same problem. I don't know where it is coming from. I smell it on the sheets and his towel. It is real strong on his pillow. I had to buy new pillows and liners just to save the pillows. The pillowcase still has an odor after being bleached. There is a possibilty that his diet has something to do with it. Getting him to a doctor is a whole other story. He's stubborn and doesn't want to go. Will you? I read on the beauty and cosmetic forum of this board that there is a product you can use at night before you put your deodorant on in the morning. There has been good reports about it. I think I might go buy some today. It is called Certain Dry. It is not a deodorant and it needs to be applied at night before bed. I know this isn't the answer to the problem but if it helps with the smell...I can do with it until his happy butt makes it to the doctor's office. You can buy this stuff at any kind of drugstore or Wal Mart. Good luck to you. I hope you find an answer to your problem. I will let you know if this stuff helps him. -Roni

Old 08-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
JDinCA
(male)

JDinCA HB User
Do you shower in the morning or before going to bed? If it's in the morning then try showering at night before going to bed and wash your pits apply deodorant and go to sleep.

Old 08-07-2003, 04:48 PM   #4
wannabehotguy
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
PUT on a lot of deordorant before you go to bed. Also the deordorant that you are using my be useless garbage. Try a really GOOD deordorant or different ones. It will solve your BO.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:23 PM   #5
Gine2D
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
Deodorant does not solve the problem, it just covers up one odor with another odor. Sometimes the deodorant is offensive as the BO.

Excess fish oil & other vitamin supplements can cause the bad odor. Anti-perspirant just clogs up the sweat pores, & the aluminum in it can cause arm pain in some people.

Shower, the rinse the armpits with 91% rubbing alcohol to kill the bacteria that causes the most of the odors.

G

Old 08-08-2003, 02:27 PM   #6
kp_style

kp_style HB User
Talking

hey....pplz!!!! thanks for ur reply....
ys i do take a shower in the moring and night...
!!!!Ronie!!!!!
at last night....i took a shower and i dried my self fornt of a fan until moist is gone...then i poured some rubbing alcohol into towel-paper and cleaned my arm-pit..and next morning...i smelled very very very weak odor...i used 71%alchohol (that was only one at my house) but some pplz says clean it with 91%....but the result is...my odor is almost gone...i'll tell you what happens with 91%...any success with ur husband yet?? i hope you'll find the reason soon....-kp_style

Old 08-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #7
roni624
Inactive

roni624 HB User
KP..I told him about the alcohol and he thought I was crazy. I looked for the Certain Dry at Wal Mart and I could not find it. I am still working on him -Roni

Old 08-09-2003, 04:55 AM   #8
Imanewbie
(male)

Imanewbie HB User
Dunno if it will help, but you might want to trim your arm pit hairs short. For me this has drastically reduced BO from that area of the body.

Old 08-09-2003, 05:42 AM   #9
Fles
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
All of the suggestions so far have been very good.

I'd like to add something about deodorants and anti-perspirants. My skin is fairly sensitive and I've developed rashes in the past from various deodorant sprays. I am also concerned about health side-effects of aluminium (US: aluminum) in anti-perspirants, as well as the environmental problems of spray-cans.

Now I'm no New-Age person but, a few years ago, my partner found a "crystal deodorant" in a health-food shop and, after considerable prompting, I thought I'd try it. I have never used anything else since. It is a natural crystal rock produced in Thailand; the label says it contains "mineral salts" and gives the chemical names of these. It costs about $10 Australian (approx. $5 US) and lasts about a year.

I rub it on my wet armpits immediately after showering and it lasts until the next shower. There is no perfume and no smell. For ten dollars a year, I reckon this is pretty good.

I've done a Google search for this stuff and found numerous sites that sell it.

I need to add that I have never experienced the problem described by the original poster, although my armpits have the usual unpleasant smell when I don't use the "crystal deodorant". I wear only cotton shirts (and sleep naked -- which has a few benefits!)

Closed Thread