It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

men's health-want to meet womeno

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2003, 02:19 PM   #1
bruins1977

bruins1977 HB User
Post men's health-want to meet womeno

hello i live in an economically depressed area,as a result most of my friends have moved away or are married,so any woman i meet is going to be me going in cold,and probably at the bars,which i don't like,i am a quiet guy as well.in all modesty i am good looking,friends who i keep in contact with say it should be easy for me to meet woman.the question is,if a guy is quiet and shy when at a bar,and doesn't know how to dance or want to dance,what is the best approach?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #2
JDinCA
(male)

JDinCA HB User
Bars tend to be loud and a difficult place to approach women. Try an online dating service to meet women in and around your area. This way you can talk online first before deciding weather to get together and talk in person. But having spoken already online it will be easier to over come the shyness. I have several friends that have met nice people this way and two have married. It worth a shot.

Old 08-09-2003, 09:01 AM   #3
Imanewbie
(male)

Imanewbie HB User
You may also want to join/check out your local clubs (not the night club kind) or community groups. Maybe you will be able to meet someone with a similar interest.
Good luck!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 08-09-2003, 09:37 PM   #4
anu_fencer

anu_fencer HB User
dude, please don't try the bars!! girls that go there pretty much have no intention of meeting anyone for anything worthwhile. its an extremely competitive scene. at ALL bars/clubs, there is at least a 3 to 1 guy/girl ratio. these girls know that have their choices and usually make their decisions based on appearance only.

you should listen to that second post and possibly try online services. if you do this, keep in mind that its also pretty competitive. if you see a profile and write to the girl, chances are at least 50 other guys are writing to that same girl too. so, if you do write, be creative and different and REALLY stand out in some way (positive way of course!!) check out the male profiles and really try to be different from the other guys.

Closed Thread