It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Varicoecle

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2003, 01:48 AM   #1
star911

star911 HB User
Post Varicoecle

At age 17 I got a large varicoecle on the left testicle. I chose not to operate at the time and now 4 years later that testicle is much smaller than the right and has a bag of veins. For the last 3 months I was practicing the stop and go method of masturbating which prolongs ejaculation. It was suppose to build stronger erections but instead it caused bulging veins on the penis and now to my nightmare several large ones on the right testicle. Obviously, the blood flow pressure of 1 hr of stop and go caused the valves in the veins to damage.

Does anyone know any (any) pill herb suppliment that could reduced the size of these veins that actually works. I read a post by user "FOCUS" and that after operation the testicle grew back??? Is that possible? Does that only happen to guys that have the operation during puberty. Any advice on these vein problems would be appreciated...as this is devastating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 04:51 AM   #2
Suomi

Suomi HB User
i have varicocele on my left testicle too, im 16 years old and it doesnt hurt or anything.

it has caused "atrophy" (shrinkage) for you.

Go to the doctor, thats basically the only way you'll get out of this and itll also make u feel better.

varicoceles.com:

"1. What is a varicocele?
A Varicocele is a network of tangled blood vessels (varicose veins) in the scrotum. It is a leading cause of male infertility and may also cause pain and atrophy (shrinkage) of the testicles.

2. What are the advantages of varicocele embolization versus varicocele surgery?

Unlike varicocele surgery, embolization requires no incision, stitches, or general anesthesia. Further, embolization patients almost never require overnight admission to the hospital. In addition, several studies have shown that embolization is just as effective as surgery. Studies have also shown that embolization patients return to full activities in a day or two, but varicocele surgery patients may need to avoid strenuous activity for several days or even weeks. Some complications of varicocele surgery, such as hydrocele (fluid around that testicle) and infection are virtually unheard of after embolization.

3. Should all varicoceles be repaired?
Not necessarily. If you have symptoms, such as pain, you may choose to have a varicocele repair procedure sooner. But an asymptomatic varicocele is a common condition that does not necessarily cause pain or infertility. A varicocele only needs to be fixed when it causes pain, shrinkage of a testicle, or when it is associated with male infertility. "

[This message has been edited by Suomi (edited 08-25-2003).]

Old 08-26-2003, 09:37 AM   #3
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by star911:
I read a post by user "FOCUS" and that after operation the testicle grew back??? Is that possible? Does that only happen to guys that have the operation during puberty. Any advice on these vein problems would be appreciated...as this is devastating.
Yeah, that was me!

Yes, my left testicle had atrophied from the varicocele, and after the surgery, it did grow back to its original size. It took about a year though after the surgery to fully grow back. My doctor said it should grow back to its original size, and he was right.

I did not have the surgery during puberty. I was 25 when I had the surgery, and I first noticed the varicocele when I was about 19 or 20, so I didn't even have the varicocele during puberty.

The testicle can shrink or atrophy from a varicocele due to lower blood flow to the testicle caused by the back up of blood in the varicocele. Less blood flow = less nutrients and oxygen to the cells of the testicle, and thus it begins to shrink as there's not enough blood to support all the cells present. When the varicocele is corrected by surgery, the blood flow returns to normal, and the cells that make up the testicle begin to grow back, and it returns to its normal size.

My advice is you go see a urologist, and determine the extent of your varicocele and see if it makes sense for you to have surgery or not. It sound like you have a large varicocele like I did, and since its causing your testicle to shrink, surgery is probably the way to go. But a urologist needs to make that determination.

Try to relax though. This is not devastating. Cancer is devastating. Varicoceles are nothing compared to that - so be happy about that at least. There is nothing life threatening about a varicocele. The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen with a varicocele is you would become infertile. Also, the surgery is a simple, quick, and low pain procedure, that is safe and has a very high success rate. So relax!

Old 08-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #4
star911

star911 HB User
The fact that the testicle grew back is just AMAZING. I was told by the urologist 1 yr ago that the left testicle wouldnt grow back anymore. He said that if I did the operation during puberty then it would balance out. These 3 weeks my varicoecles have been much enlarged and aggravated with burning heat and aching. I got to decide whether to operated or not as my doctor said it was my chose. He said to prevent further shrinking it is advisable, but if not I can wait till I am married to see if I have any fertility problems and can correct it then.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:40 AM   #5
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by star911:
The fact that the testicle grew back is just AMAZING.

It is, but it makes sense as to why it grows back, when you think about it.

Quote:
I was told by the urologist 1 yr ago that the left testicle wouldnt grow back anymore.

I think you should get a second opinion from a different urologist, because this one is wrong about the testicle not growing back after surgery. I'm living proof that he's wrong. Before my surgery, my left testicle was noticeably smaller than my right; I would estimate about 0.5" less in length, so lets call it about 75% smaller. And I do remember my testicles being about the same size several years earlier. That was when I was getting worried about my varicocele and decided to see a urologist. When the urologist examined me, he noticed it right away that my left testicle had atrophied. He said after the surgery, the left testicle should return to its original size, but it would take some time; approximately 1-2 years. Well, he was right on the money, because within 1 year, it was about 90% of the size of my right testicle, and now they are almost identical in size (and I know my right testicle hasn't shrunk, LOL).

Your doctor should also have ordered a semen analysis/sperm count test for you too. If you're infertile now, and you know you would like to have children some day, you're better off having the varicocele fixed now rather than later.

You seem to be experiencing the same problems I was having: pain, and atrophying of the left testicle. My recommendation is you have the surgery now, and not wait. Testicle atrophy is not good, and time is not on your side with it. And with the pain, there's quality of life issues there. I know what that discomfort is like, and its not something you want to live with the rest of your life. I'm surprised your urologist isn't recommending this. I would definitely get a second opinion.

Closed Thread