It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Hemmorrhoid?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2003, 03:48 PM   #1
podunk

podunk HB User
Post Hemmorrhoid?

I noticed a few days ago that it would hurt when I would wipe after takin a crap, so I just ignored it thinkin it would just go away, but here I am, a few days later and it still hurts when I wipe.

I felt it in the shower and it feels like there's something bumpy near my cornhole.

What can I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 09:47 AM   #2
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Yeah, that sounds like a hemmorrhoid. It may flare up from time to time, then kind of go away by itself, then it may come back months later. If it is hurting, itching, or bleeding, try using some hemmorrhoid ointment such as Preparation-H.

Old 08-30-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
podunk

podunk HB User
Well, the only time I'm bothered by it is when I'm wiping. Other than that, nothing.

So, will Prep-H help get rid of this or will I have this forever?

Old 08-30-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
podunk

podunk HB User
Is it common for younger men to get hemmrhoids?

I'm only 22.

What could've caused this?

Old 09-01-2003, 12:24 AM   #5
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Yeah, its not uncommon. I think I first got them when I was around 25. Doctors aren't 100% sure what causes them, but some theories are repetitive vibrations and friction that can cause irritation to the anal area (for example truck drivers can have a high incidence of hemmoroids), "forcing" your stool out may cause them, and possibly anal masturbation/sex, especially if its with large objects, rough, or without lubrication. The theory is these things puts extra pressure on the anus, and it could force a vein to pop through the muscle of the anus, resulting in a hemmoroid.

Prep-H and time will help the hemmoroid go away, but they don't go away forever. They kind of are always there, but don't flare up all the time. For example, I haven't had a hemmoroid flare up in like 4 or 5 months now - its like they never happened. But I know some day they'll be back again.

Old 09-01-2003, 08:12 AM   #6
podunk

podunk HB User
damn, this sucks, especially since I go #2 twice a day, so I won't be without this pain.

Hopefully it'll go away.

thanks for the info

Old 09-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
JDinCA
(male)

JDinCA HB User
It will go away but as the other poster said , it will come back some day. You can have them surgically removed also and that would be the end of them.

Old 09-06-2003, 06:12 PM   #8
joshsmith_99

joshsmith_99 HB User
i was just wondering, can hemmeroids bleed?
i cinda experienced what "focus" said, not "anal masterbation" or anything, lets just say a falling accident in the shower compined with a shampoo bottle, what an aqward feeling it was, i tell you. i know it sounds wierd but it happend, so moveing on..
anyway, i have noticed some blood after a #2, sometime sits only a little, other itmes its a lot, almost like a need a tampon or something :P

any help??

Old 09-06-2003, 06:57 PM   #9
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by joshsmith_99:
i was just wondering, can hemmeroids bleed?
Yes! They definitely can bleed. Sometimes the amount of blood can be alarming. Since they are veins, which happen to be sticking out where they don't belong, they can be ruptured sometimes by a bowel movement, or wiping.

Its usually nothing to worry about despite the way it looks. However, it shouldn't happen often. You may get a bout of bleeding hemmeroids for a week or so (usually less), and that's fine. But if it bleeds every day, for several weeks at a time or months, etc., then that is a problem that needs a doctor. Otherwise, just go easy on it (don't wipe aggressively, use soft toilet paper), and apply Prep-H or similar to the area twice a day, and it should clear up.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:01 PM   #10
joshsmith_99

joshsmith_99 HB User
focus..
when im in the bath, where im all clean, i usually feel around that area... not in, but around,.
and i dont feel any bumps or anything..
can you get hemeroids in your bowels? like about an inch or 2 up?

Old 09-06-2003, 07:02 PM   #11
joshsmith_99

joshsmith_99 HB User
and just so u know
im only 17, so i dont know if its possible to get em at my age

Old 09-06-2003, 07:36 PM   #12
joshsmith_99

joshsmith_99 HB User
focus..
i have diagnosed myself with an internal hemeroid, which from what i have read, are not painfull, but do casue bleeding, and are associated with exesive force dureing a bm, or lifting to heavy, which sounds like me.. do you know of any way of getting rid of (not releaving) internal hems besides surgery?
by the way, there are pics on this site.. [url="http://www.dingbatway.com/hemorrhoids/hemorrhoids-picture.php"]http://www.dingbatway.com/hemorrhoids/hemorrhoids-picture.php[/url]
of internal hemeroids, but mine looks nothing like that, you cant even see mine from the outside
any help would be appreciated..

Old 09-12-2003, 06:02 PM   #13
rscottj

rscottj HB User
i used to have them also what a pain they were. I started to bleed down there and let it go on for about a year because i was embarrased to go to the doctor but after i heard to some of the problems that the bleeding i got my nerve to go to the Dr. and not only did i have hemmerroids but had a small tear in the opening of my rectum caused but pushing to hard while taking a dump the Dr. fixed it with no problem and took away the hemmroides not have no problem it took awhile to heal (about a week) and now there gone go talk to a Dr. and get them removed it is quick and simple dont be embarrassed many guys get them no need to live with the pain

Old 09-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #14
focus
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by joshsmith_99:
focus..
i have diagnosed myself with an internal hemeroid, which from what i have read, are not painfull, but do casue bleeding, and are associated with exesive force dureing a bm, or lifting to heavy, which sounds like me.. do you know of any way of getting rid of (not releaving) internal hems besides surgery?
I don't know of any way besides surgery to permanently repair a hemeroid. But if you can prevent the irritation that causes them to flare up in the first place, they can settle down to a point that they're practically not even there anymore. For example, don't strain or push during bowel movements, avoid heavy lifting if you can, and avoid things that you know irritates them.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:33 PM   #15
IHATEMEME

IHATEMEME HB User
Unhappy

Hi guys a week ago i started feeling a funny feeling on my cornhole it itched like hell i look and theres two purple looking small bumps i think there hemmorhoids im scared

so i got some of that uhh prep H and i just put it on and it itches is it supposed to take a while i dont feel too much pain none when i sit it just itches like crazy im in school and i cant scratch my *** every three seconds other wise ya now i would
anyway i was just wondering if when they go down the swelling i mean does the color go away also and i want too know if getting um removed hurts and if theres a treatment where they just inject you with a needle and the veins die cuzz i know chicks always get veins removed so is it possible hmm im also curious how are they removed and does it hurt like hell i dont care anyway someone help me im really freaked the hell out im only sixteed and with hemmerhoids damn my life is really turning to **** and this shows up im so messed up,and at the least time i would like it too be i need answers please give me some info im so freakin lost.

also can they itch if there in your colon please this too i must know god damn i hate my life

[This message has been edited by IHATEMEME (edited 09-20-2003).]

Closed Thread