It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 PM   #1

Travis03 HB User
Question Am I growing chest hair?

I am an 18 year old male. I have hair arund my nipples, two really dark long strands on my stomach, and some thinner hairs below my belly button, and some above. My Dad is not very hairy, but remarked that I have very hairy legs. My younger brother is pretty hairy. Am I growing chest hair? Can people tell me if this happened to you, what happened next? Do you think I am growing chest hair? Is this familiar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Porto guy HB User
U are probably gowing chest hair. It happened (and its still hapening) to me. I ll be 18 soon. Very hairy legs( dark hair, with red highligths), a lot of pubes, some niple hair and a good (growing) portion of chest hair. Came recently(chest hair)...´bout 2 years after the belly button hair n the niples hair...
My father is VERY hairy in the chest...not so much in the legs...its most likely a familiar thing I guess...

[This message has been edited by Miguel Antunes (edited 09-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Inactive

focus HB User
Yes, you are growing chest hair. Chest hair doesn't always grow in the areas we want it to. Nipple hair is chest hair.

The way your chest hair is growing sounds very similar to the way mine came in, only mine came in a year or two later than yours. Around 18-19, I started getting nipple hair. Then, around 21, I started to grow a line of hair from pubes to my belly button. Gradually over the years, the hair around my nipples increased and spread ******ds. At about 27, I started getting hair on my upper chest. I'm 29 now, and I'm still noticing my chest hair increasing. Some of my friends of the same age seem to be experiencing the same thing - chest hair sometimes keeps increasing as you get older.

I have very hairy legs too - much hairier than my father's were. That must have been a gene I got from my mother's side of the family. Although I think I have the hairiest legs out of all of my male cousins and uncles on both sides of the family, so who knows.

Chest hair growth is hereditary. If your father is a hairy guy, chances are you will be too (but no guarantees), and vice versa. Chest hair is not a puberty thing - it goes way past that.

Old 09-05-2003, 04:49 PM   #4

Travis03 HB User
What do you think will happen to me personally, like where it will spread, how long it will take, when it will happen. anything

Old 09-05-2003, 09:42 PM   #5
Inactive

focus HB User
I have no idea. I gave you kind of a run down of what I got, but everyone is different. Probably the only one who could give you a clue as to how your chest hair will grow in is your father, and an older brother if you have one. Sorry, but there is no set course for how chest hair grows. Its all genetic and different from person to person.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #6
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
I have never had chest hair, & only shave once or twice a Week.

What is your concern over a not having any chest hair?

Chest hair does not make you a man.
Chest hair does not prove that you are macho.

Without chest hair you can still date girls, have sex, get married, have children, & get an education.

Chest hair is a turn-off for many women. Some hairy chest guys shave it off.

G

Old 09-07-2003, 07:26 PM   #7

Oh'eck HB User
The question is does it really matter? I think its best to have a smooth chest - as does my lucky lady!

Old 09-08-2003, 01:52 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Porto guy HB User
Talking

Yeah! Some girls just like smouth chest, like the swimmers and models use. Some girls just would like to get a hold on a bear!

Old 09-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #9

Travis03 HB User
It isn't a matter of wanting it or not, I just want to know what to expect, and your oppinion of what will happen next, what to expect from here

------------------
Travis

Old 09-16-2003, 02:43 PM   #10

Travis03 HB User
Also I noticed that my nip hairs are darker, and thicker on the sides close to the center of my chest. Pleez tell me what I should expect next.

------------------
Travis

Old 09-17-2003, 07:01 PM   #11

markj HB User
I have more of a beard than you described and more hair on my stomach, but I too have just hair on my nipples. I am 23 and I would say that it probably will grow there sooner or later. I read somewhere that men's chest hair growth peaks at 30 as well as guy's beards. I wouldn't worry it will grow eventually.

Old 09-26-2003, 08:37 PM   #12

Travis03 HB User
So you all think I am growing chest hair? Those who can relate to what I am saying, how hairy did you become, how long did it take to get to that point, how old are you now?

------------------
Travis

Old 11-13-2003, 01:16 PM   #13

Travis03 HB User
I am still interested on what you think will happen next from here. Although I know it may be different I want your oppinion, and want you to tell me what will happen next.

Thanx,
Travis

Old 11-14-2003, 06:59 AM   #14

Travis03 HB User
Thanks for your reply. now I have some different oppinions

Old 11-14-2003, 11:29 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

JAYB HB User
Hey Travis,
Aren’t you getting a little stressed over this? As you can see from the posts, everyone has a different pattern of how their chest hair grows. Some chests are completely covered, others just on the upper chest or a little patch in the middle, some just on the stomach, or just sparse all over -- then there’s back hair, and that’s another story altogether!
I had a friend in high school who had a chest full of hair by about 17. He had very dark hair and was Armenian. The rest of the guys, myself included, didn’t get it until our late teens and well into our 20’s. Some guys get more than others, and sometimes it’s hereditary.
For example, my dad and the other men in my family have very hairy chests, but I’m not as nearly as hairy as them. So much for genetics! They also have darker hair, so that may have something to do with it. It’s weird but my legs are way hairier than any of my male relatives.
Darker hair is also more noticeable than lighter colored hair. Think of women that have dark hair above their lips and on their arms. When they dye it, it’s less noticeable but it’s still there.
You’re only 18. Maybe you’ll get more and maybe you won’t, and nobody can predict how it will come in.
I can’t figure out if you want it or don’t??

Closed Thread