It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2003, 10:41 PM   #1

healthy zip HB User
Post smelly penis

Ok, somebody help me out here.

I had protected sex with this girl a few times. I realized after the second time that her vag smelled absolutelly horrible. Im talking on a scale from 1-10 she was a 12. so needless to say I stopped having sex with her. But now I think my penis is starting to smell like her vag.

p.s. I am cut, and i have good hygene.

What the hell is that smell?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2003, 10:43 PM   #2

healthy zip HB User
how do I get ride of this smell?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #3
Inactive

focus HB User
The smell is probably from a vaginal yeast infection that she had. The yeast cells could have gotten onto your pubic region and perpetuate the odor.

As for how to get rid of the smell, you just need to wash your genital area very well, and use medicated talcum powder on the area after you shower to keep the sweat down.

Old 10-06-2003, 08:03 PM   #4

healthy zip HB User
Arrow

Men can get yeast infections? I didnt know that. Thanks for the help.

Where can I buy that powder?

Old 10-07-2003, 07:47 AM   #5

healthy zip HB User
Question

Another quick question. does masturbation prolong the infection?

Old 10-07-2003, 09:54 AM   #6
Veteran

sdp2 HB User
The medicated powder focus is referring to is someting like Gold Bond Medicated Powder that can be found at any store.

Old 10-07-2003, 02:38 PM   #7

serenityelf HB User
You know what a yeast infection doesn't really smell that bad. Infections that smell bad need to be treated by a medical doctor; it could be tric or gardnerella or even something worse. I'd get it checked.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:17 AM   #8

healthy zip HB User
Smile

Hey,

thanks a lot to everyone who posted. I got it checked and it turned out to be Gardernella. Doc told me to use rubbing alcohol or medicated powder and it will go away in a few days.

Thanks again

Old 10-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #9

serenityelf HB User
Hi,

That's what I thought it sounded like. Did he also tell you your partner will have to get treated? Very important! A woman's treatment is oral sometimes also a cream. Usually, they give pills for both partners; I believe it's Metronidazole. I had one of my special needs students who had this infection and that's why I recognized your symptoms. She had to take both pills and creme as the infection kept coming back and for her it was very painful. No one knew she was active until the doctor told her worker that this was passed through sexual contact and is classed as an STD. Glad you got help. Good luck!

Old 10-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #10
(male)

KingFootie HB User
Healthy zip, let me know if the rubbing alcohol did the trick or what medicated powder you used!

[This message has been edited by KingFootie (edited 10-15-2003).]

Old 10-16-2003, 07:37 AM   #11

healthy zip HB User
Angry

Alright,

ive been usin the goldbond medicated powder for about a week with no success. IT does help for a little while, but then the smell comes back. Im going to start using the rubbing alcohol. Ill let you know if that works. The doc said it should go away within a few days, but Ive had this for 2-3 weeks now.....

Old 10-16-2003, 01:29 PM   #12

serenityelf HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by healthy zip:
Alright,

ive been usin the goldbond medicated powder for about a week with no success. IT does help for a little while, but then the smell comes back. Im going to start using the rubbing alcohol. Ill let you know if that works. The doc said it should go away within a few days, but Ive had this for 2-3 weeks now.....
Zip: Read my message above; you will most likely need the oral med and your GF has to be treated. It's quite contagious.

Old 10-26-2003, 08:45 PM   #13

Bigguy8192002 HB User
A big problem with soaps is that there antibacterial properties are not strong enough to do the trick. Alcohol dries and sometimes irritates. Try simple hydrogen peroxide (same stuff used for cuts and scrapes). It has the neat effect of bubbling (not just oxidizing) when coming into contact with germs.... So, if you have germs on your penis or thighs or pubic area, it will fizz like crazy and let you know that something is up. It is quick fix (takes just a capful ) for those uncircumcised men who noticed occasional odors, and the other posts related to jock itch and "smelly crotch.

I am uncircumsized. Just before I shower, I pour on a capful let it work its magic for about 2 minutes and I am as fresh as can be. Even if you are have a BAD moment (in terms of odor)..it is COMPLETELY gone is just a couple of minutes.

Another product you guys can buy (more powerful) is called Hibicleanse. You can get if from your local drug store. It is used alot for pre-surgical dermal cleanup. Jock itch/fungus/order/smell penises..are set right literally in MINUTES. NO need for 2 to 3 treatments a day for X number of days type stuff. Hope all that helps you guys!

Old 11-28-2003, 02:19 PM   #14

dylan_ct HB User
Re: smelly penis

Thanks guys for the info. Never heard of gardernella. Have had sticky, smelly groin for years now. Too embarresed about it to find the cure. Goin to drug store right now and triing possible remedies mentioned above

Old 12-06-2003, 03:15 AM   #15

my2cents HB User
Re: smelly penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy zip
Ok, somebody help me out here.

I had protected sex with this girl a few times. I realized after the second time that her vag smelled absolutelly horrible. Im talking on a scale from 1-10 she was a 12. so needless to say I stopped having sex with her. But now I think my penis is starting to smell like her vag.

p.s. I am cut, and i have good hygene.

What the hell is that smell?

Most urban centers have free anonymous clinics where you can get tested for STD's and get advice.

Closed Thread