It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
(male)

hyde99 HB User
Large vein on penis.

Very embarrassing!
I know it is normal for men to have visible veins on there penises, however I have had a particularly large loop vein since the age of about 14 years old. Due to embarrassment I have only just got the courage up to see a doctor about it. Over the years it has got much bigger. I'm worried about my sex life and hate using urinals because of it. I'm obviously going to hate showing it to my doctor but am going to have to bite the bullet.

Have any any of you doctors or patients out there dealt with anyone with a similar problem before?
If so what is likely to be the procedure to deal with it?

I would be using the NHS as I live in the UK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
(male)

LucaBrasi HB User
Re: Large vein on penis.

I have a large looped vein on mine, and it has never caused me any embarrassments whatsoever. I've also had no complaints from the opposite sex either.

I don't know if it's normal/abnormal as I don't spend all my time examining other men's penis', but as I said, I have never had any complaints.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
(male)

hyde99 HB User

Thanks that really good to know. I'm just worried because my vein stands out from a distance and big blue and ugly looking.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
(male)

LucaBrasi HB User

same with mine.

basically, if it's been like that for a while, and it's not causing pain or numbness, or interfering with the normal functions, I don't see the reason to worry.

you should go to the doctors though, if only for personal peace of mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he says there's nothing abnormal going on though

Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
(male)

hyde99 HB User
Wink Re: Large vein on penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaBrasi View Post
same with mine.

basically, if it's been like that for a while, and it's not causing pain or numbness, or interfering with the normal functions, I don't see the reason to worry.

you should go to the doctors though, if only for personal peace of mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he says there's nothing abnormal going on though
Been to the doctor and he took one look at it and said its perfectly normal and if I'd had brothers I would have noticed vein on theirs to, its just people don't normally see each others penises. He also said its a vital vein for supplying blood to the foreskin. This has made me feel much better about myself. Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Some people find them very sexy.
They ensure that the penis has a good supply of oxygen, and can function at its best.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
(male)

LucaBrasi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde99 View Post
Been to the doctor and he took one look at it and said its perfectly normal and if I'd had brothers I would have noticed vein on theirs to, its just people don't normally see each others penises. He also said its a vital vein for supplying blood to the foreskin. This has made me feel much better about myself. Thanks for the advice.
well there you go, nothing to worry about afterall.

glad it all worked out well for you.

Closed Thread