It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
(male)

CFIDS HB User
Testosterone shots - how often?

How much do you do in the stomach fat & how often??? I converted from my doctor giving 200-250mg every 3 weeks in the butt muscle to 40mg twice a week in my stomach fat. But I'd prefer to do once per week and am not sure if this is acceptable or how much to do for sure???

anyone???

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-06-2010 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Please do not revive old threads. Thread split, reference to old thread removed.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: Testosterone shots - how often?

More frequent shots lower the total testosterone rise and make less estrogen compounds. You can do them, daily, weekly or what ever you want. Just divide the dose you are on into a daily amount and multiply by the number of days you want for your frequency. Remember the less frequent the shots, the more likely you will have fatigue and other symptoms as you wait for your next shot.

I'm using #29 1/2cc needles, and they work great and are pretty painless.

Last edited by orion; 04-07-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
(male)

CFIDS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
More frequent shots lower the total testosterone rise and make less estrogen compounds. You can do them, daily, weekly or what ever you want. Just divide the dose you are on into a daily amount and multiply by the number of days you want for your frequency. Remember the less frequent the shots, the more likely you will have fatigue and other symptoms as you wait for your next shot.

okay thx...so could I do 80mg of cypanate (or whatever it is called) once per week? Since I was doing 40mg every 3-4 days before?

Also, is there any hope to get my level up enough and go off this stuff at all? I do not want to take them for life and it makes my hematocrit rise too much and my DHT. was thinking maybe get up into upper normal range and then go off for 1 month completely, then begin taking a natural supplement that encourages my body to produce more of its own testosterone and see how that goes???

thanks again for the reply!

Old 04-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
(male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Hi Guys!!! Orion, How have you been? Since I have been off T for over 2 months, I can say it doesn't get much better. Lowering the dosage but taking it more often just made my hematocrit get higher faster. I know that everyone is different but I can only speak for me. My T was high also but I didn't feel like it was. Many people just give blood but I didn't like having polycythemia!! It scared me so I stopped taking T in all forms. It was hard but I'm through the worse. How long does it take for the T to be completely out of your system? I'm thinking around 2 months!!?!?

I'm not sure how good it would work to get your T higher and quit. Natural T increases don't seem to work. Thanks,Ken

Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
(male)

CFIDS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52ken View Post
Hi Guys!!! Orion, How have you been? Since I have been off T for over 2 months, I can say it doesn't get much better. Lowering the dosage but taking it more often just made my hematocrit get higher faster. I know that everyone is different but I can only speak for me. My T was high also but I didn't feel like it was. Many people just give blood but I didn't like having polycythemia!! It scared me so I stopped taking T in all forms. It was hard but I'm through the worse. How long does it take for the T to be completely out of your system? I'm thinking around 2 months!!?!?

I'm not sure how good it would work to get your T higher and quit. Natural T increases don't seem to work. Thanks,Ken
hi Ken!

I hope you are doing well. I appreciate your chiming in here. I thiunk we have the same issues cause my hematocrit gets high on T also (as we have discussed in the past). I too get worried about this.

What all "natural" treatments have you tried? I was considering DHEA cream w/ I-3-C to block Estrogen or some Testosterone Factors by Michael's...

My last saliva test showed my Free-T was upper normal range and my DHEA was elevated, my DHT was also elevated. I am not sure if I need T or DHEA based on these resuts, yet it was bottom-barrel low just a couple months before. It is all so confusing and my doctors don't know anything nor do the nutritional councilors I have worked with...This has me spooked on Testotsterone replacement shots all together.

Should I finish another 3 weeks of small doses and then get tested to see the total range in my blood, or should I go off of it? If I do go off of it, is it better to ween off, or cold turkey?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
(male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIDS View Post
hi Ken!

I hope you are doing well. I appreciate your chiming in here. I thiunk we have the same issues cause my hematocrit gets high on T also (as we have discussed in the past). I too get worried about this.

What all "natural" treatments have you tried? I was considering DHEA cream w/ I-3-C to block Estrogen or some Testosterone Factors by Michael's...

My last saliva test showed my Free-T was upper normal range and my DHEA was elevated, my DHT was also elevated. I am not sure if I need T or DHEA based on these resuts, yet it was bottom-barrel low just a couple months before. It is all so confusing and my doctors don't know anything nor do the nutritional councilors I have worked with...This has me spooked on Testotsterone replacement shots all together.

Should I finish another 3 weeks of small doses and then get tested to see the total range in my blood, or should I go off of it? If I do go off of it, is it better to ween off, or cold turkey?

Thanks
My Saliva Free-T was 68 a month ago but it was 222 when I was taking injections. Before I started T replacement it was at 37 so it is probably lower by now. I will take it again in a few weeks. My DHEA was 153. My Estrogen was 1.0 which is low. How do your saliva results compare to mine? I bought some DHEA supplements but decided not to take them. Some say do it others say don't so I stopped taking it. I just want to be healthy.

I really don't believe natural supplements help much with T increases. Of course you can check with Saliva tests which are much cheaper. As far as quiting T injections that is a personal decision. My hematocrit went up to almost 60 and that scared me. I stopped cold turkey but I called my Endo and asked if I could and he said it was up to me. I had no other health situations but before you decide make sure the doctor agrees with you. I have read that if you are on a high dosage or have been on T for a long period, to be under doctor's care.

Keep in touch and good luck. If anything works naturally, let me know. lol

Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
(male)

CFIDS HB User

Okay Ken thanks again...I do not have my test results with me right now, but I know my saliva test showed DHEA to be elevated and my Free-T was 78; that was maybe 6-7 weeks after I had had my last T-shot before I went off of them. I counciled with a lady who is supposed to know hormones and I was not impressed too much. She sold me some DHEA (50mg I think) and told me to take them every morning. Seeing as how my DHEA showed to be elevated, I was scared to do this. She also got me back on T-shots except this time she wanted me on a smaller dose done more frequently rather than a larger dose every 3 weeks...With all the risks associated with them, I am just beginning to think they are not for me...On top of that, my DHT was 66 which is near the top of normal and I do not want prostate problems at such a young age.

I feel alone because between my GP, and 3 seperate "nutitional councilors" I am only getting pieces of the puzzle and not gerting the confidence and answers I need about my specific hormonal issues. I have an appt with an endocronologist in a couple months who is supposed to be good...I am thinking about doing one more shot and then laying off, but I had hoped to do a full 4 weeks of shots and get my T tested again at the doctor (blood test) and then if it was good go off the shots then...My LH & FSH were way elevated and that could mean I am infertile...I want a baby and have a very narrow window to try and I went back on the T in hopes it might help...I never felt much better even when my number got up into normal range (both blood & saliva), so I am not sure I will even notice a diffference...I wanted to get to 1000 total blood level and then go off shots for good and try to maintain with natural stuff...I am confused as what to do because of the risks and lack of expertise around me.

Closed Thread