It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
(male)

goodlawd HB User
Question White ring on foreskin, bxo or yeast infection?

Hi! I'm a 20yr old male with a big problem. Since I was 15 years old I've had tight foreskin (but not unretractable) and a white ''ring'' on the upper part of my foreskin. Its not smooth, its rough and extremely annoying. It doesn't hurt or anything, no, it's just there and it's bothering me. I've looked this up on the net and I think it's either a yeast infection or bxo (Balanitis xerotica obliterans). Can you guys please help me determine what exactly it is and help me find a cure?

Oh, and don't post anything about circumcision, there is no way I'm getting circumcised and I would really like to avoid visiting a doctor unless it's absolutely neccessary.

Thank you for your time!

The Following User Says Thank You to goodlawd For This Useful Post:
mummymozzie (08-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: White ring on foreskin, bxo or yeast infection?

You need to see a doctor. It is almost certainly BXO, because the symptoms fit, and because they don't fit a yeast infection. Delaying seeing a doctor is just giving BXO more power and time. I understand your hesitation, having a foreskin and wanting to keep it.
This is why you need to educate yourself, as you have been doing, about everything BXO related. Then, find yourself a foreskin-friendly doctor. Don't be afraid to walk out, after telling them why, if they present circumcision as "the answer", and not as one alternative.
Ask if there is a more conservative treatment. There is, it is steroids. Ask why women who get BXO (they more often call it LSA in women) don't have surgery.
There is one particular kind of BXO which does not respond to steroids. 90% or better cases of BXO do respond, but there is the 10% which actually requires that the white ring be removed. If you fall into that category, simply insist that they remove the ring only.
You can stretch your foreskin to regain what is lost. Men have restored from a 'high and tight' circumcision to having a full foreskin. It takes years, but it can be done by anyone.
Best of luck with this, and in finding a doctor you can trust.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread