It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
(male)

SomeWhereInTime HB User
Low T and doctor prescribed 200 mg injection but..........

Hi,

I have went thru testosterone patch and gel with no rise in numbers or wellness feeling. My testosterone was about 238 but I have not received a hard copy of the results from my Endo yet.

Low T and doctor prescribed Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg injection but..........

My Endo now prescribed me injection 200 every two weeks. We are still trying to have children is there something I can take or to cycle the shots to ensure my body still produces testosterone and sperm production.

I did my first shot last week and feel less fatigue, less body pain, clearer thinking and mind but no change in sexual desire. I do not know my free testosterone yet but have read about Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) and it's effects. Any ideas on a good product?

Thanks in advance,
Sit

The Following User Says Thank You to SomeWhereInTime For This Useful Post:
Timo123 (01-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
(male)

SomeWhereInTime HB User
Re: Low T and doctor prescribed 200 mg injection but..........

One other thing my Vit D levels were below normal as well.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
(male)

jkt77 HB User

I hate to bring more questions to the subject, but has your endocrinologist ruled out any sort of pituitary cyst/tumor?

The reason I bring this up is because my wife and I went through a rough patch last year around this time. My local physician discovered a pituitary tumor (found out it was a Rathke cyst) on accident via a brain MRI. The cyst was impacting my testosterone levels.

Once the cyst was removed in November 2009, my hormone levels went back to the normal reference ranges. Not the best, not the worst, but well within the range.

I suggest you confront your endocrinologist about that possibility as well as receiving a full endocrine workup if you haven't already.

My wife, and I are also trying to have children.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
(male)

SomeWhereInTime HB User

jkt77,

My Endo has not addressed the possibility of a pituitary cyst/tumor.

Kind of long story but since about 1999 I've thought there was a thyroid problem. My PCM never believed me or sent me to one, finally in 2006 during the Gastro's endoscopy he noted a "web" at the level of my thyroid and TADA it was a nodule. My TSH levels were actually of Hyperthyroidism but symptoms were hypothyroidism. So she did a testosterone test in 2008 and seen it low.

I am going to get a copy of my records this week to see what all tests and results, she did to a cortisol test but when I took the pill my schedule was nights and not sure if that throws off the test or not.

I did have a brain MRI for "memory" problems and such by another doctor a while back and had three subcutaneous cyst in my scalp. I wonder if you need a "special" MRI or not? I know they were not looking for anything with my pituitary during that time so you know how that goes.

I appreciate your experience with this and I will address the possibility with her at my next appointment and I will continue my T injections until then.

Do you know what causes the pituitary cysts? or what makes you a higher risk? I do have a cyst in my sphenoid sinuses and not sure if it is from that or maybe the pituitary but get serious eye pain and my right eye mainly tears so bad I cannot see.

Thanks again,
Fit

Last edited by SomeWhereInTime; 09-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User

If you are still trying to have children I would immediately stop all T treatment especially treatment involving receiving Testosterone injections or gel or patch, etc..

My suggestion to you is to start an exercise regiment and changing your eating habits.

If you take T therapy there is good chance that you are already infertile as your body just about shuts down its own T production on account of you getting T supplements. If your own body's T production is completely such down it is very likely that your sperm will not be able to produce a baby.

There are some other T therapy treatments that csan raise your T levels without hurting your bodies own natural T production and I forgot the names of some of those drugs, one is a drug the suppresses your estrogen levels and there by raises your t levels and there are a few others.

But I had to chime in on this one as that was my concern when I started t therapy eventually I realized what I was doing to myself and also became aware that the longer I'm on t therapy the greater a chance that after I stop that I will never be able to produce a baby, at least the old fashion way.

I also had low T on aCcount of a few factors, I'm in pain management and take high doses of narcotic medications, I was also very out of shape, ate only fast food three times a day and just lived an unhealthy life style. First T test came back I think in the upper 100's like 190 or something. I started on T theraoy felt great got my levels up to the 700 range and than became concerned with the whole fertility issue.

Lone story short I stopped T therapy and immediately changed all my habits including what I ate, tried to get better sleep, lots of exercise and last time I checked my T level was about 450, and it could very well be a lot higher now and mind you I'm still taking my pain medications if I was off that I would probably be in 800's as that is what a 30 year old should be at anyways. But assuming I'm at 500 now ( have not had my levels checked in at least 6 months) I can live with that and I sure feel a lot better than I used and I'm doing it naturally.

It took me about 6 months of this changed lifestyle to get my level to 450. And keep in mind I'm in severe chronic pain and it took me a while to get into the exercise regiment
Being fit and eating right and getting a good nights sleep can do wonders for your t levels. Within a few month of solid effort on exercise and healthy life style you can possible double your levels. Depending on how long you were on t therapy you will definitley feel a big down which lasts about 4 weeks till your body starts producing t naturally again. Fight through that and exercise as your going through that as well. So say in about 2 - 3 months your t levels can be drastically higher.

I had to chime in because your concern about a child is valid and very real and I would hate to see someone become infertile from t therapy.

Now I know there are some medications that you can take along with t therapy that help keep your body from stopping its natural t production but why take a chance with that, try going the fresh and natural route, also once you start t treatment your body will become dependent on it for life and if you take it long enough your body may never start producing t at healthy levels no matter how much you exercise and take care of yourself.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Leo123; 09-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
(male)

pmassie HB User

T the hct and hgt therapy. Dont depend all on the dr as the patient must become familiar with all this. The estrogen blocker is between you and doc but clomid is one of many. A brand name is ar****. You can goggle it but brand names are frowned on here. Much is said about dhea. Dhea is otc and a precurser to testosterone. Read, read. Be careful as we only get 1 set of family jewels.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
(male)

pmassie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo123 View Post
If you are still trying to have children I would immediately stop all T treatment especially treatment involving receiving Testosterone injections or gel or patch, etc..

My suggestion to you is to start an exercise regiment and changing your eating habits.

If you take T therapy there is good chance that you are already infertile as your body just about shuts down its own T production on account of you getting T supplements. If your own body's T production is completely such down it is very likely that your sperm will not be able to produce a baby.

There are some other T therapy treatments that csan raise your T levels without hurting your bodies own natural T production and I forgot the names of some of those drugs, one is a drug the suppresses your estrogen levels and there by raises your t levels and there are a few others.

But I had to chime in on this one as that was my concern when I started t therapy eventually I realized what I was doing to myself and also became aware that the longer I'm on t therapy the greater a chance that after I stop that I will never be able to produce a baby, at least the old fashion way.

I also had low T on aCcount of a few factors, I'm in pain management and take high doses of narcotic medications, I was also very out of shape, ate only fast food three times a day and just lived an unhealthy life style. First T test came back I think in the upper 100's like 190 or something. I started on T theraoy felt great got my levels up to the 700 range and than became concerned with the whole fertility issue.

Lone story short I stopped T therapy and immediately changed all my habits including what I ate, tried to get better sleep, lots of exercise and last time I checked my T level was about 450, and it could very well be a lot higher now and mind you I'm still taking my pain medications if I was off that I would probably be in 800's as that is what a 30 year old should be at anyways. But assuming I'm at 500 now ( have not had my levels checked in at least 6 months) I can live with that and I sure feel a lot better than I used and I'm doing it naturally.

It took me about 6 months of this changed lifestyle to get my level to 450. And keep in mind I'm in severe chronic pain and it took me a while to get into the exercise regiment
Being fit and eating right and getting a good nights sleep can do wonders for your t levels. Within a few month of solid effort on exercise and healthy life style you can possible double your levels. Depending on how long you were on t therapy you will definitley feel a big down which lasts about 4 weeks till your body starts producing t naturally again. Fight through that and exercise as your going through that as well. So say in about 2 - 3 months your t levels can be drastically higher.

I had to chime in because your concern about a child is valid and very real and I would hate to see someone become infertile from t therapy.

Now I know there are some medications that you can take along with t therapy that help keep your body from stopping its natural t production but why take a chance with that, try going the fresh and natural route, also once you start t treatment your body will become dependent on it for life and if you take it long enough your body may never start producing t at healthy levels no matter how much you exercise and take care of yourself.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Closed Thread