It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2001, 10:31 AM   #1

Male HB User
Itchy anus

There is this itch from around my anus that everytime I shower and I wash there, I can't help but to scratch it until it's painful. It's been over a year and the itch hasn't gone away. If I don't think about the itch or scratch it, it's fine but like every itch, once you start scratching, you end up scratching more than needed. Do I really need to see a Dr? I rather not want to see a Dr about it because I'm embarrass. I hope it's nothing too serious. Anyone with similar experience or know something about it please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2001, 11:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Itchy anus

I'm not sure what it could be from, but there are probably several reasons. Why not try just a tiny bit of PreparationH, I've had this condition before and although not always related to Hemorroids, it can help with the itching. I'd stay away from using other creams or lotions because they could cause irritation that may make it worse. If it continues, although I know how tough it is (having just been for the annual checkup) I'd consult with a doc!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2001, 01:25 PM   #3

eddie HB User

The first thing I would do is change my brand of soap. Also, some clothing detergents and fabric softeners are known to irritate. Get some witch hazel from the drug store, and use it after you bathe and use the bathroom. Its a natural way to ease irritation and hemorrhoids. If it continues, you probably should see your doc, it may be embarassing to you...But, they treat things like this all the time....Hope this helps, eddie

Old 06-26-2001, 09:09 AM   #4
Unregistered

Certainly is a interesting situation! Just a couple of questions in regards to this.
1. Do you itch only in the shower?
2. Do you itch at night, or during your sleep?
3. Do you have any bleeding when you wipe your bottom with toilet paper?
4. Do you have any blood in your faeces after going to the toilet?
5. Does it hurt when you pass faeces?
6. Do you have any lumps or small bumps around the entrance to your anus?

There are several reasons why I am asking these. Possibilities are:
1. Worms.
2. Perianal Warts.
3. Haemorrohoids (and/or anal fissure)
4. Irritation caused by soaps

Get back to us with some response and it may make it easier to give more advice!

It may be worth seeing your local Doctor to have a look there for you. It may also need a doctor to have a look inside your anus/bowel to see if there is anything there.

Let us know your response !

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Old 06-28-2001, 03:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Could be a yeast infection as well cause by the recent use of antibiotics or sexual activity with someone with a yeast infection.

You can try Aloe Vera 99% pure, it has anti yeast properties and will take the itch away.

Make sure you wash your hands carefully after scratching there, you don't want to transfer the yeast or bacteria elsewhere.

Old 06-28-2001, 08:17 PM   #6

Male HB User

1. Do you itch only in the shower? <B>no, whenever it is touch, it'll itch</B>
2. Do you itch at night, or during your sleep? <B>sometime</B>
3. Do you have any bleeding when you wipe your bottom with toilet paper? <B>Sometime after scratching it a little too hard</B>
4. Do you have any blood in your faeces after going to the toilet? <B>No</B>
5. Does it hurt when you pass faeces? <B>No</B>
6. Do you have any lumps or small bumps around the entrance to your anus? <B>I think so</B>

This itch can act up when touch. The more physcially touch, the more it'll itches. I only scratch it in the shower because it's cleaner and I can wash afterward. I have switch many brand of soaps in the past even anti-bacteria soaps. Nothing seems to sooth the itch. I would say about 90 percents of the shower I taked end in soothing to the itch. In the past I didn't notice the small lumps around the entrance to my anus (more like just two pimple-size lumps) but recently after close examination and feeling, I noticed the lumps. Is this something to worry about? I dislike even getting a physcial check-up by the Doc. I'm way too embarrass about letting him examine my anus. Thanks for everyone responses.
<p>[This message has been edited by Male (edited 06-28-2001).]

Old 06-28-2001, 10:36 PM   #7
Unregistered

I guess there are two possibilities to your problem "Male".

Firstly, from what you have described to me it could be haemorrhoids, although they are generally not bleeding after you wipe from the toilet.

The other option is that they are Perianal Warts. They are more common than you think although more generally passed on Sexually. One question which needs to be asked and I hope you don't mind is whether you are straight or gay? Have you had anal sex prior to this and how long ago?

Unfortunately this might need to be seen by your local doctor to confirm what it really is. Although genital warts are generally passed by sexually, they are quite easy to catch . It is just a matter of skin to skin contact to catch the virus. It is a virus which enters the skin and then causes the skin cells to grow like a wart. They can be removed.

But best to consult your doctor who can look at them for you.

Let us know how you go, and let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Old 07-01-2001, 02:24 AM   #8

Male HB User

I'm very straight. Nothing have ever enter my anus. I'm currently in a relationship for 7 years now though I haven't always remain monogamous through out the whole time, I have always use protection when in sexual encounters.

I'm still very embarrass about seeing a Doctor.

Closed Thread