It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User
Re: Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 11

Sorry to hear it , bro, what is the actual thing it's suppose to do to help you heal?

Last edited by NowWhatDoIDo; 11-20-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #17
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

I know no one is talking about this but has any one els ehad a problem with their prostate besides constant peeing? For example holding out while having sex?

Because I can't hold anymore, I don't know what happened I'm five strokes and blow now, which extremely different then I use to be. So now I am dealing with the fear of this effecting my relationship. I hope that this therapy I am going to do can bring my prostate back to normal along with everything.

I wish I didn't come here. It's like there are troubles everywhere, bed bugs, fungus, madness everywhere.

Good news is the carrot juice that came out of that machine tasted wonderful, like full of wonder. I hope the Girzun'z Terapy can really change this situation I find myself in, I hope I can get the 3 months of raw organic vegatables I need to do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
(male)

FX770RD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhatDoIDo View Post
3 things.

1. I went on the Candida Diet at after a month got really cold all over and numb in my extremities. I think I have suffered permanent never damage because my pointer finger under my nails don't feel the same anymore. I think Molybdenum and Selenium suppliments have helped. Eggs, Legumes and a suppliment might prevent nerve damage from vitamin deficincies from the Candida Diet which would cause the nerve damage.

2. Find a support group of some kind. Stress is the root cause here and it's undeniable at this point. We need to find healthy coping mechanisms for stress to calm down the adrenaline production in our bodies. AA meetings, 12 step programs, joining the choir, 3 back massages a day, WHATEVER.

3. Go online, either at Netflixdotcom or youtubedotcom and find a documentary called T-H-E-_-B-_E-A-U-T-F-U-L-__-T-R-U-T-H-. I have put it spaced out like that because if certain companies find a reference to this movie on a health board they will flood the board with misinformation.

I am certain that this RSS is a fungus that interacts with a simplex of herpes that is usually benign and it explodes with stress.
It's funny, most research points to Candida causing nerve damage, not the elimination of Candida...

All I know is that everyone here has slightly different symptoms so what worked or didn't work for you might not be the case for everyone.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

Nothing has worked 100% except walking and relaxing and watching documentaries about kanser kyoors. I mispell on purpose. I haven't been able to do anything for long enough. When I get back home I might be able to do a 3 month regimin, which should make a serious improvement to my health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX770RD View Post
It's funny, most research points to Candida causing nerve damage, not the elimination of Candida...

All I know is that everyone here has slightly different symptoms so what worked or didn't work for you might not be the case for everyone.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #20
Inactive
(male)

WildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB User

Well the Doxepin burn only lasted 2 days. Doxepin comes in two forms. A pill, used as a seratonin re-uptake inhibitor (to fight depression/anxiety), and as an ointment.....which is generally used as both an antihistamine, and for nerve damage. I'm on both.....LOL. My Dermatologist thinks this is all nerve damage in my case. My sack looks great now, and the itching and burning is completely gone.......but I'm only on the doxepin for a week (doctors orders), and I'm expecting it to return to it's bright red itchy state as soon as I go off. We shall see....

I'm coming to the conclusion that no diet, magic ointment, or anything else can help with this. I simply REFUSE to go on Doxycycline for 4 months.....and as far as I can tell that is the only proven cure, and it only works in less than half the patients. Do you know what FOUR MONTHS of doxycycline can do to you? No thank you. I'm just going to find ways to relax, stay on my antidepressant, and try to eat healthier. A big issue for me is that I have too much free time to worry about this. I'm going to find some more hobbies, and maybe dust off my rogue and play some world of warcraft for a while....... just to get my mind off all this health crap my body is going through. I'm coming to the conclusion that this is probably 100% stress related......at least in my case.

BTW, I'm three weeks into my "no laundry soap/new clothes/new underwear" regimen, and sadly it hasn't helped. Ack! I was really hoping that was it.

I'll check back in on this forum every once in a while to update you all. And of course, if the Doxepin helps permanently, I'll let ya'll know. Not holding my breath though....

~WN

Old 11-25-2010, 03:24 AM   #21
(male)

WhoNeedsThis HB UserWhoNeedsThis HB User

OK, here goes...

Like many others, lots of reading before posting. What a bunch of crap to get something nasty like this! My story...

Unprotected sex Sunday 14th Nov. (first time encounter). Ironically 'pre-warned' about her previous wart, herpes history. I've lived with herpes and had it largely under control 95% of time myself.

I had shaved my scrotum previous day, a practice without any negative effects for over two yearss. I've had some hair growth up my penis shaft and usually try to pluck with tweezers but takes some time so on this occasion shaved as well.
I vaguely recall a slight nick as I did my scrotum, it would be rare for me to have this outcome.

RSS (Red Scrotum Syndrome) kicked in on the Wed, 3 days later!

Initial (ignorant) assumption was some kind of thrush.
In my case (and I don't recall anyone else posting this) I had lower rear right back pain- suspect Kidney, by the following Saturday and that night had a raging fever. (had a false start fever on the Thursday too, but didn't 'feed it'. By that I mean, I am a big believer in the power of a fever as the first line defence of the body in fighting an infection, so I don't fight the fever, I feed it by keeping rugged up tho properly hydrated. Apparently each 1 degree increase in body temperature elevates white cell counts by 50% - which I take as a good thing. A fast intense fever has fixed up many an illness for me before it fully began. )
My fever broke on the Sunday morning about 6am.

Initially started with an anti-thrush product (Canisten) before coming online to investigate further a few days ago.

My symptoms are typical here but no itching, just bright red really sensitive/burning scrotum - thanks to all those who said it's ok to stand up to get relief!

In my case not really any sweating, predominant redness, soreness on right testicle, more diffuse on left side. My vage recollection is the shaving nick was on right side right where there is increased 'crustiness' and discoloration.
Additional symptoms include 2 herpes-like lesions one on upper shaft on right hand side, the other on lower left base of shaft.
The first seems to pretty well have cleared with just smoothed but slightly raised discolored skin still. The other seems to be on the way out too.
Both may have hair follicles in region.

I discontinued the so-called 'thrush' treatment when i realised I didn't quite know what I was dealing with. Based upon some other posts moved over to relief through a light moisturiser. Have discontinued that too yesterday based upon what I now wish to "Share With The Class"!

Only other action has been mega vitamin therapy last 3 days. MultiVitamin and 3000mg of Vitamin C per day. My wishful thinking is that the lesions have already responded to this.

My own web research has me thinking the following....

1. Our 'syndrome' is Hair Follicle based.
Everyone has reported the redness following hair lines..

2. Redness (Erythema) is typically vascular in origin.

3. There is a class of yeasts Malassezia of which 'Malassezia Furfur' particularly infects the deep recesses of the hair follicle.
Malassezia (Pityrosporum) Folliculitis is a disorder typically characterised by infection in hairy regions of the upper body- back. chest, arms.

I believe we have all contracted a Scrotal variant of this, hitherto unidentified.

Malassezia itself was not originally identified until 1969 and later in 1973.

This yeast is common enough incidence level between 75-98% of healthy people but has greater impact on those suddenly "immuno-compromised".

Read this article...
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1091037-overview

The nature of the beast is that as it is deep follicle based and subject to a 'plugging' of the follicle, normal topical treatment would be ineffective.

The treatment at the site above consists of internal and external anti-fungal treatment. I am about to take the recommended Nizoral tablets and cream.

It is mentioned that "Occlusion of the skin and hair follicles with cosmetics, lotions, sunscreens, emollients, olive oil, or clothing creates favorable conditions for Pityrosporum folliculitis" hence I have discontinued all creams including the moisturiser.

Additionally, steroidal and antibiotic treatments strongly contra-indicated!

Susceptibility, seems to be (and it makes sense) due to stressors such as immuno-compromisation, stress itself (I recently suffered a heartwrenching r'ship break up, plus I smoke and eat like ****), systemic candidiasis etc.

Onset seems to be due to regional trauma e.g. others have mentioned shaving and nicks and the almost universal involvement of a very recent sexual encounter is itself enough (due to the possible friction involved) to disturb the hair follicles in the vicinity.

I am also suspicious of herpes involvement as I've also read elsewhere that a ruptured lesion (shaving or friction) can also release viral load into surrounding hair follicles.
Whether it just has the effect of locking in the 'Malassezia Furfur' into the follicle (plugging) via inflammation or is itself a deep follicle infection capable of generating all the symptoms, I don't know. It may give some hope to those that have tried every variant of yeast control without any luck to look at this possibility.

I believe the deep folliicle infection greatly increases the likelihood of the infection spreading via the vascular system subdermally - have a look at a hair follicle diagram and note the proximity, particularly to sebaceous glands which are also implicated in the 'plugging' element of the syndrome as the MF prefers to feed off fatty acids produced by this gland.
Hence, perhaps even only one initial infected follicle is enough to see the yeast rapidly spread subdermally through the whole area via the vascular network.

If my logic above is correct and this is in fact the culprit, I propose the following nomenclature adjustment for our 'syndrome':

"Scrotal Malassezia Folliculitis"

or if it's not this particular yeast and maybe even there is still herpes involvement, alternatively simply...

"Scrotal Folliculitis"

As I'm sure you many long-term sufferers can appreciate I hope like hell my summations are correct- I really DON'T want to be afflicted with this bloody thing for very long!

Thoughts anyone?

Old 11-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
(male)

cecilx2010 HB User

I had it this for almost a year and this is what finally worked.

DESONATE AND PREDNISONE 20MG GOT IT FROM DERMATOLOGIST. in 2days I was fine. THen it started to burn again and put the cream on and it worked. hope this helps someone

The Following User Says Thank You to cecilx2010 For This Useful Post:
WildNorth (11-25-2010)
Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
Inactive
(male)

Cecil,

Wow, thanks for the post.

I'm surprised this worked. Almost all the posters here had zero luck with steroids. How long ago did you get the relief with the prednisone?

How long have you been symptom free?

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-27-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #24
Inactive
(male)

@ whoneedsthis,

I looked at the article you posted. According to the article, the condition has papular (raised and/or pointy) and even pustular legions. To the best of my knowledge, this definition would lead me to beleive that the affected area would almost look like acne. Also, under the treatment section, the article states that the pathogen (in this case a fungus) responds well to topical and oral antifungals. Most guys up here have bombarded their nads with antifungals, to no avail.

I dunno about you, but I just have red burning skin.

That said, please let us know if the Nizoral works.

Last edited by WildNorth; 11-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:12 AM   #25
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

The Answer:
Most of the people who are suffering from this problem have other health problems that they might not have noticed as much. Many of the people suffering from this are also suffering from sever intestinal Candida infection, a fungal infection of the blood or intestines.

I have been searching almost non-stop and what I think will help us is addressing our CORE AUTO IMMUNE DISEASE CAUSER. The Source of our health and sometimes mental issues. I have been watching documentaries on stress, intestines, food, cancer lots and it all ties together into one unified theory of General Health and the fact that American Doctors are LEGALLY prevented from helping you solve ANY of these kinds of problems.

Your body can fight this, your body can fight almost anything, under the right conditions. If you want to call this Ideal Conditions then go right ahead. But you can find health again. Removing sugar from my diet helped calm the inflamation of my scrotum but there are other problems from my stomach.

For me this all started with a bad plate of fish. I have recently learned that there is a breed of E.Coli that may cause Crohn's Disease and that Crohns disease weakens the immune system. This scrotum problem might be a form of Herpes that is taking advantage of a weakened immune system due to toxicity or deficiency. Yes you may have aquired a herpes simplex or a yeast or something like this but how do you get rid of something that shouldn't even be a big deal in the first place?

Why do you feel like you have AIDs with out ever getting HIV. Well because Auto Immune Diseases can be caused by lots of things. Even stress. I want to tell you guys all about it so private message me if you have this problem and you want a road to recovery.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #26
(male)

@ WildNorth, thank you for the reply.

Yes I understand that the topical antifungals have been 'done to death' here.
The 'plugged' follicle theory confirms why they Wouldn't work too, they just wouldn't get to the root of the problem (pardon the pun).

I have had the 'papular/pustular' lesions around where I think the original infection (via a shaving nick) may have occurred.

I think it's the Oral element of the anti-fungal treatment that would make the most difference with the topical side potentially being a 'clean-up' element once the follicles become unblocked.

The good news is this... (and in keeping with "NowWhatDoIDo"s latest post).

MY VITAMIN C APPROACH SEEMS TO BE WORKING!!!

I haven't actually taken any Nizoral yet but my left testicle is close to normal albeit remaining pinkish, 80% of the right side is the same.
That leaves about 1-2 inch diameter region upper right scrotum that had the lesions/scabs which is still crusty looking but vastly improved from before and definitely looking like it will heal completely soon!

My 'treatment' has consisted of 2 x 500mg Sustained Release Vitamin C tablets 3 times per day making a total dose of at least 3,000mg/day.
2 x multi vitamin per day as well (also sustained release).
Local Australian brand called 'Blackmores'.
Don't hold back on vitamin C, the worst you can get from too big a dose is diaorrhea. Importantly though, and particularly if taking a powder form, buffering is essential to counter the acidity so make sure it's (preferably) Calcium Ascorbate (rather than increasing salt levels with Sodium Ascorbate)

Interestingly -and supporting my broader theory- the previously damaged, now healing areas seem totally devoid of any hair at present.
The unaffected areas that were also shaved back on the 13th Nov, have normal expected hair growth.

I'm sorry that I won't be getting to test out the Nizoral if this improvement keeps up.

Suffice to say, I remain convinced that our condition is a form of Folliculitis, the jury being out as to whether it is caused by 'Malassezia Furfur' or herpes or something else.

The only other explanation for the recovery and again in keeping with "NowWhatDoIDo"s thoughts is that my fever of 6 days ago did the trick and began cleaning up my system immunologically.

That doesn't help anyone past the initial infection/fever response stage I know. However, I didn't show any sign of improvement after the fever for the next four days until I started with the Vitamin C, so who knows.

I'm just absolutely relieved that this thing really seems like it's going away and quite rapidly too.
My scrotum now has a healthy looking 'baby pink' colour and it's gonna sound weird but I kind of can't help checking it out frequently in sheer disbelief at the contrast.

I'll keep everyone posted and I know it may not a be a 'cure all' for everyone but as it's harmless, relatively inexpensive, it's definitely worth a try!

Cheers!

Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #27
(male)

I swear I can't contain my excitement! Can't help observing and it's almost like it's getting better by the minute!

Just to confirm....

- no more redness anywhere, just pinkish. (it was truly scarlet before)
- no more burning or painful sensation just mild discomfort with any contact/pressure on the remaining scabby area.
- no hair growth in affected area.

After reading these forums I really thought I was going to be stuck with this forever. I too wish the old original posters had come back to tell us their final outcomes, maybe it just spontaneously goes away eventually for everyone.

In my case onset of 9 days ago and to get to this position so quickly after reading of others afflicted for months and years is just simply a really awesome relief!

Old 11-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #28
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

As far as Vitamin C, I have had a lot of benefits over the years with it. However it's going to be one of those things of "It keeps on coming back". Anything that strengthens your immune system is good, of course. C, Zinc, Selenium, vitamins in general. The idea that people have had this for ten years seems to suggest having a bigger picture of ones general health is going to be needed before you get a long term handle on it.

Here's some core issues:
Stress, Immunity Strength, Toxicity (such as mercury from dental work) and Deficiency (such as something unhealthy living in your gut eating your nutrients.)

Covering my scrotum in Extra Virgin Coconut butter and a non-latex latex glove for 2 weeks and removing all sugar and carbs from my diet helped with the red scrotum. The rash jumped to a bunch of spots where I had hair follicle nicks and cuts hiding on my neck and on my arm where I shaved and also my scars flared up.

I am not a big believer in one jump cures. Take this or that and it goes away and then comes back the next time you eat the wrong food or sit on the wrong chair or use the wrong laundry soap. I am going to strengthen my intestines with a pro-biotic goats milk supplement, I am going to juice organic vegetables in 3 different recipes. I am going to do some chamomile enemas to help my intestines because I have had problems with my guts my whole life. I am going to go to the doctor and get an anti-biotic of some kind once I am sure my body can take it. I am going to educate myself as to why my body flips out. The Red Scrotum was just a sign or a symptom of something else which is probably why Doctors refuse to treat it since it's a symptom of a severe weakness in the immune system and they don't want to tell anyone that they don't have any way to strengthen the immune system, clean the blood, heal the guts or calm the nerves.

How many posts concerning this problem have we read where doctors prescribe mood stabilizers or anti-depressants? Anyway I can go on forever. Read my posts. If you have Netflix look for the movie "National Geographic's : Portrait of a Killer". Stress lowers immune system, kills brain cells, weakens your cell walls and alters your pH level which then in turn weakens your immune system and leaves you more vulnerable to stress. Watch it.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #29
(male)

@ NowWhatDoIDo, all points taken my friend.

You do sound like you've been immunocompromised a long time; all your steps make good sense. However, all the 'healthy' things can easily be undone by going down the antibiotic path. Remember 'anti-biotic' Means 'anti-life'. It's the body itself that should only be helped to do the pathogen killing thing, not some additional toxin we introduce to it.

I'm curious about your mercury amalgam filling comment; this is something I know a great deal about.

Do you have any mercury fillings still?

P.S. I know my own body, this won't come back once I'm done with it. All your points about maintaining a healthy system are right on the money. In a balanced healthy environment pathogens do no harm.

Last edited by WhoNeedsThis; 11-26-2010 at 06:21 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to WhoNeedsThis:
NowWhatDoIDo (11-26-2010)
Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #30
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

We always want a product or a pill. A quick fix. From what I have found long term better diet and experimenting slowly while reading recommendations of certain probiotics along with the right kind of enema, meditation and finding compassion and building compassionate relationships around you are all things I haven't regreted. Buying some product, any product, I have always immediately regreted except the extra virgin coconut butter which only caused problems when I ate it in excess. It is a really great cream for shaving and for dermatitis or folliculitis of any kind. One thing I can say is if you have cystic acne change your diet. Beyond that I'll let you know. I purchased Primal Defense but regret it as the very webpage that I thought recommended it was actually an old page and that doctor no longer recommends it. Oh well, maybe if I use it with an all vegan diet it will do not harm. If I had a few grand I would get a Norwalk Juicer right now, though, because juicing has had great benefits even within days of drinking fresh organic raw juices.

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-27-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Closed Thread