It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #31
Inactive
(male)

WildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB User
Re: Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 11

The first homeopathic doctor I saw about my RSS (and other symptoms) listened very carefully to all I had to say. He had me open my mouth and he started counting. His count ended at 14. That's how many amalgum fillings I have in my mouth. He then proceeded to tell me that his diagnosis was mercury poisoning.

I didn't believe him. I didn't want to believe him.

I watched "The beautiful truth" at the advice if nowwhadoido, and suddenly I'm very concerned about these amalgums. The problem is that the chelation therapy can be very disruptive to the body, even to the point of death. I can get the amalgums removed (I already had one removed) but the mercury will stay in my system until I go through a "chelation" process. I did my homewrok, and there are soooo many bad things out there on chelation that it scares the crap out of me. Even my homeopathic doctor made me sign a waiver on the chleation process, stating that I understood that the process could lead to death. Ummmmmm, no.

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-26-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #32
(male)

WhoNeedsThis HB UserWhoNeedsThis HB User

@ WildNorth

I appreciate the candour in your last post and do empathize with your concerns.
Dealing with it is definitely a long, difficult arduous process.

However, for anyone in doubt I have asked this question for over 20 years now....

"Would you let a dentist give you fillings comprised of Arsenic?"

The answer is invariably "no way", yet Mercury is far more toxic than Arsenic.

If you compare the systemic symptoms of Mercury toxicity with that of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome e.g. cardiovascular,endocrine, neurological, integumentary etc. you will find an amazing correlation affecting over 11 systems in the body!

This is the most insidious and nastiest toxin to humanity and we voluntarily LET IT IN!!! The best definition of something being toxic is: "Any substance that can cause death, abnormalities, disease, mutations, cancer, deformities, or reproductive malfunctions in an organism."

The reason it is so insidious is that Mercury binds readily with the Sulfhydryl Ion (-SH) ion (aka Thiols). Thiols are present in many common proteins, enzymes, hormones etc. throughout the body.

Mercury can be dealt with but it requires full and complete due diligence in finding and choosing practitioners to work with; there are few true 'experts' when it comes to dealing with mercury as the vast majority of the dental and medical professions are still in massive denial over its effects and the role they have played in both their promulgation and cover up.

Firstly, there are good books on the subject.
Silver Dental Fillings: The Toxic Timebomb

Secondly you'll need to find a dentist who is (a) willing to help and (b) will use the RIGHT TECHNIQUES for removal.
He will need to use a Rubber Dam in your mouth to catch everything and you, he and all attending staff will need to use oxygen masks.

If this sounds extreme be aware of this fact: with even just one filling the act of chewing something for 10 minutes will release enough mercury vapour measurable by a gas chromatography device to give a reading that would cause the immediate closure of a factory by environmental authorities giving such a reading!!!

Thirdly, chelation is possible with the right chelator.
I have had a paper in the past that compared Calcium EDTA, BAL and DMPS.
The DMPS won hands down. < edited >
DMPS chemical name is 2,3-Dimercapto-1-propanesulfonic acid and has been used successfully by a practitioner here in Melbourne, Australia for many years.

This is the very briefest of summaries I know, suffice to say I had to deal with this 20 years ago when my wife first presented with CFS and after much painstaking research in an era BEFORE the worldwideweb existed, as well as running the full gamut of medical ignorance, obfuscation, misdiagnosis etc. was finally successful at 'outing' the problem.

An Australian medical professional Dr. Ian Brighthope also wrote in "Fighting Fatigue" < edited >
that the number one cause of CFS was heavy metal toxicity specifically mercury and lead. The oral surgeon I previously mentioned using DMPS was also researching the 'combination effect' of mercury AND lead to explain the more pronounced CFS cases he was encountering.

WildNorth, if you indeed have 14 amalgam fillings then this is most definitely the biggest health issue you could possibly ever face and all other health or illness outcomes cannot possibly be seen in isolation from this in any way shape or form. I don't mean to scare you by saying this rather you at least now have at hand an answer and possible remedy for almost anything that ails or has ailed you.
I have studied this subject for the last 20 years and although I will not say it is the blame for all human ills it is most certainly an unnecessary impost on human health and too pervasive to allow correction of any other problems independantly.

Again, be painstaking in finding the right professional help that is fully 'au fait' with all the steps that you require to be taken. You may well need to travel to do this.

Finally, if chelation 'scares the crap out of you' (the wrong chelation may well do) then study mercury toxicity as extensively as you can.
THAT should scare the entire crap-creating system out of you!

With best intentions and best wishes,

- WhoNeedsThis

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-26-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #33
(male)

BACK on TOPIC . . .

My RSS is almost entirely gone.
Left side back to normal color, 80% of right side same.
All dead skin has flaked off, residual 'primary' zone still pink and a bit tender.

At this rate I expect to be able to report an entirely 'normal' scrotum in about 48 hours.

re earlier comment about this being acne coz I referenced the MF as a possible cause, it's definitely not that - it's been classic RSS as described by everyone here. I note that the MF symptoms are different regarding the papular/pustular lesions but I was trying my best to describe the activity around the worst area as it started to heal. It was really ugly and reddish-purple and sore, scabby looking and hard to see a lot of detail on with so much going on.

I accept the photos online of MF makes it look different as they show more isolated papular/pustular spots amongst the general redness but my point all along is that MF is normally NOT associated with the scrotum so if a variant of it was located there then the symptomology - given the different nature of scrotal skin - may present differently.

My theory is still that this is a vascular infection spread subdermally throughout the scrotum from an initial follicular or abrasion entry point.

Hence topical treatments don't work and steroidal agents simply provide temporary relief for the inflammation (if at all) and won't address the root of the problem.
I still suspect fungal agent or herpes. Susceptibility is still from immunological weakness as per previous post.

All I have done is the mega Vitamin C doses and kept the area clean and dry as possible.

This is day 10 from occurrence and again- cannot overstate my relief that this seems to be well on its way out!

Old 11-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #34
(male)

cecilx2010 HB User

It was just like 3 days. I am really happy because I would wake up miserable. I do have psoriasis and nerve damaged (due to cancer) so I think the combination of both made me have this constant burning.

but yea I tried many other things and none work. Good thing I went to the dermatologist. Hope this helps people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildNorth View Post
Cecil,

Wow, thanks for the post.

I'm surprised this worked. Almost all the posters here had zero luck with steroids. How long ago did you get the relief with the prednisone?

How long have you been symptom free?

Old 11-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #35
Inactive
(male)

Cecil,

Thanks for the reply. Please keep us posted.

Whoneedsthis,

Yes, I actually have 14 amagams (13 now). If i do this, I'll start by getting the amalgams removed, then think about chelation. There is some evidence out there that the amalgam removal alone may be enough. Also, the dentist stretched a rubbery thing that resembled latex across my mouth before he started drilling. Is this the rubber dam you refer to? He felt that it was better not to have amalgums removed......at least not all at once because the exposure to mercury would pose more of a threat than leaving them in. I'm sure that's why you recommended the mask......but I don't know how they would do the work with a mask covering my face. Anyway, Thanks for the info bro. Much appreciated.

I've said this before and I'll probably say it again, I think the only thing we all have in common is how sensitive the scrotum skin is. On this forum alone we have had cures by changing underwear, prednisone, candida diets, doxycycline, among other things. Guys swear they have contracted the problem through shaving nicks, excessive masturbation, scabies cream, fungus, unprotected sex, and bad food. It's just too widespread for us to all be suffering the same thing. Again, I think we all have different underlying issues.

One thing is for sure, I have other issues I'm going to have to start dealing with. This freakin rash on my chest and back has stumped both my GP and my dermatologist. It's just a light "blush", barely noticeable, but quite itchy. Yeah....it's probably just stress, but it has me wondering more and more about these amalgams.

Last edited by WildNorth; 11-27-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #36
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

The thing we all have in common is a weakened immune system. Some websites say that red scrotum syndrome is Atypical Herpes. I think it is this and that our weakened immune systems in my case severe food poisoning and stress and in your case severe led poisoning is the trigger. This is probably why some people have it for ten years and other people have it for shorter period of time and why it's being associated with Candida, another common thing that is horrible if you have a weakened immune system via leaky gut syndrome or a particularly harmful E. Coli infection (crohn's disease).

PS: I just discovered a good recipe for a food I thought I couldn't eat. Non-sweet plantains smashed and friend in coconut oil. I think I might be able to eat it and that it will help flush out mys system. Looking forward to doing that tomorrow.

PPS: Have any of you tried Holosync meditation tracks?

Old 11-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #37
(male)

dirt1234 HB User

Hey all,

I've posted here b4 with my purchase of new underwear twice and resovling the issue. I have drastically improved my issue, but it still comes and goes. I use advil to soothe the burning and like headaches the burning almost always goes away. I am not a doctor, but I firmly believe this is NOT related to skin issues. This is my new assessment, and am managing quite well.

I had epididimis when I was in high school, which was a sports related injury. It was painful to walk b/c my testicle(singular) had pain. Now why this doesn't feel the same if you read up on epididimytis it seems very similar except the mention of burning. Now I know that's are main issue, but I firmly believe this is over looked as a symptom.

What I have done the last few weeks is NOT sit down. I will either lay down or stand. I never have burning START when I'm in those positions. I know, how do you not sit at work? Amazingly I'm attentive to my posture and honestly I basically almost lay when I'm sitting. What I am trying to do is find some support and may wear an athletic supporter for a while.

I've tried things like eating the foods that have bothered me when I'm not sitting, and they don't bother me if I'm standing. Food high in sugars, foood high in wheat everything, and if I'm not sitting, I have no issues.

It may not be epididimis, but it's definetly something internal that inflammes or prevents blood flow and causes dryness. I think we all can agree are skin doesn't necessarily burn, but the area burns. A shower soothes it, but rest helps it and stress and work kill it. Epididimytis is chronic and frankly most say rest is the key and even antibiotics on the first or second go around might not clear it up. To me it's like a pinched nerve it just want heal.

I think we can all agree we don't even care about any appearance at this point, and if I had 15 bumps I'd be happy to know what I have and how to treat it(well not happy, but u know what I mean)...

I think even slouching has been effective, b/c driving in my car with my seat reclined(I know hood..lol) I have no issues. It's only when I'm basically in a 90 degree position with my legs...u know like a couch, or those nice uncomfortable cheap chairs @ most work places?

So my current next steps is to continue this avenue with even tighty wightys or bikini breifs or athletic supporter and sit only when necessary. I'm not gonna lie it's so annoying, but I'd rather have this annoying than the burning annoying. Anyones thoughts are appreciated...I will update when I figure out more.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirt1234 For This Useful Post:
WildNorth (11-28-2010)
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #38
(male)

dirt1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhatDoIDo View Post
The thing we all have in common is a weakened immune system. Some websites say that red scrotum syndrome is Atypical Herpes. I think it is this and that our weakened immune systems in my case severe food poisoning and stress and in your case severe led poisoning is the trigger. This is probably why some people have it for ten years and other people have it for shorter period of time and why it's being associated with Candida, another common thing that is horrible if you have a weakened immune system via leaky gut syndrome or a particularly harmful E. Coli infection (crohn's disease).

PS: I just discovered a good recipe for a food I thought I couldn't eat. Non-sweet plantains smashed and friend in coconut oil. I think I might be able to eat it and that it will help flush out mys system. Looking forward to doing that tomorrow.

PPS: Have any of you tried Holosync meditation tracks?
I appreciate the thought, and don't dismiss it, but the vitamin regimen I'm on keeps my immune system top grade...reallistically it would make sense to say are immune system is great and we continue have outbreaks that don't develop, but are just shedding b/c we fight it off enough to keep the virus from breaking out. who knows?, but I feel confident about that statement.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #39
Inactive
(male)

Cecil,

Could you please tell me if the prednisone was oral or topical?

Dirt,

You always come up with the most interesting theories. For a while now I have wondered if this is a nerve compression issue. I have had mysterious tailbone pain for three years now. An x ray and and MRI showed nothing. I beleive the damage was caused by excessive sitting between an office job and finishing up my masters degree at home. Between the two, I sat for 14+ hours every day for three years. It might make sense in my case that my tailbone pain is caused from nerve damage, which is also somehow affecting my scrotum and perenium.

Perhaps we all sufferred some type of nerve damage. The damage causes the burning sensation (which is not real tissue damage, only a sensation in our minds, due to a nerve misfiring electrical signals). The brain responds by sending histamines to the area. The histamines make the skin red, etc. The end result? Burning, sacks that are red. Just a thought.....

Regarding the epiditimitis. I have had related issues in the past. The doc says it was due to a vasectomy I had about 17 years ago. As you all know, the vasectomy prevents the sperm from getting out. According to the doc, the tubes holding the sperm get overfilled and overwhelmed, which causes them to ache. Perhaps this could be part of the issue. I dunno. They say warm soaks are good for that, so perhaps that is worth a try.

I stopped applying the doxepin ointment yesterday. It was a great week while I was on it. Absolutely no burning sensation, and the boys were looking pretty good. Doc said only to go one week on it. I go in next week for a follow up. I'm fairly certain the burning will come back now that I am off......as I think I already started feeling the burn again tonight.

Last edited by WildNorth; 11-27-2010 at 09:45 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to WildNorth For This Useful Post:
dirt1234 (11-29-2010)
Old 11-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #40
Inactive
(male)

Guys, google epiditimitis. One of the main symptoms is a red scrotum.

It is worth looking into. I'm going to see if I can get a urologist do an ultrasound, and a physical examination to rule it out.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 AM   #41
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildNorth View Post
Guys, google epiditimitis. One of the main symptoms is a red scrotum.

It is worth looking into. I'm going to see if I can get a urologist do an ultrasound, and a physical examination to rule it out.
Will do. I do in fact have a hernia and have had plurasy which is like a internal pimple between organs but not as severe as you would imagine. Googling epiditimitis now.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:42 AM   #42
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

I've been noticing that the space above my sack seemed bloated. Hmm. Well this is definitely something to add to the list of symptoms when I see a doctor here in NY.

I'm thinking Cipro might help, Hey WildNorth, what was that kind of cell-membrane-less infection you were talking about that started with an M?

Last edited by NowWhatDoIDo; 11-28-2010 at 04:43 AM.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #43
(male)

Well guys, my nads are back to normal.

HOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

I'm starting to think re WhatDoIDoNow's comment about Atypical herpes is a likely explanation.

Here goes:
Vitamin C increases Interferon production. Interferon is an antibody that coats cell surfaces and prevents virus entry.
Vitamin C is also known to augment T-Cell activity. T-Cells are a primary virus hunter.

A daily dose of 1000mg of C will saturate blood plasma and maximise utilisation by the immune system.

I have been taking 1000mg 'Sustained Release' 3 times/day so daily dose of 3000mg.

I intend sticking to this indefinitely now.

From your histories, WhatDoIDoNow and WildNorth I would recommend starting at perhaps 2-3 times the dose I've been using as you both seem very immuno-compromised.
In my case I just don't get sick ever - maybe flu every 3-4 years, I don't have any chronic or degenerative illnesses or conditions of any kind.
I am 49 yo male who is slim, smokes, not careful with diet, drink occasionally, infrequent exercise.
I accept I need to 'clean up my act' and this latest incident is probably a really good and timely wake up call.
i really don't have any excuses as I've been health-aware since my teens and first discovered the work of Max Gerson 30 years ago in his "A Cancer Therapy- The Results of 50 Cases".

Incidentally, WildNorth, keep looking for the right guy to help with amalgam extractions - you don't want to be breathing that mercury vapour at the time- you'll get seriously sick. I would also suggest the chelation with DMPS right from the get go, as even with rubber dams, oxygen etc, you'll still probably cop a mercury hit straight into your blood stream. Again, all the best.

Can't begin to say how thrilled i am that the RSS is gone.
I repeat, Vitamin C therapy is the only thing I used.

I started the C on 23rd Nov and was in full flight with symptoms on that day.
Improvement began within 3 days. All symptoms rapidly disappeared and now all gone by this the 5th day.

I hope this helps someone and would love to hear the results of someone else trying this.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhoNeedsThis For This Useful Post:
WildNorth (11-28-2010)
Old 11-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #44
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhatDoIDo View Post
I've been noticing that the space above my sack seemed bloated. Hmm. Well this is definitely something to add to the list of symptoms when I see a doctor here in NY.

I'm thinking Cipro might help, Hey WildNorth, what was that kind of cell-membrane-less infection you were talking about that started with an M?

It's called a mycoplasm infection.

Whoneedstihis,

I'm glad you are fixed. I will bump up my C intake. I've taking 1000mg a day for a while, but bumping it to 3K certainly can't hurt. I found a dentist in the nearest town that does safe almalgam removal, and I have already sent him a correspondence. I doubt I can get all the almalgams removed now because my dental plan sucks, but I plan on doing as much as I can. Thanks for the tips, and please check in every once in a while and keep us informed as to your continued progress.

The Following User Says Thank You to WildNorth For This Useful Post:
WhoNeedsThis (11-28-2010)
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #45
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

@WhoNeedsThis

Good going dude. Stick around here if you can to encourage those who come after us. I can't measure how valuable it's been to have this board here and it be active with responses. More than very valuable.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-20-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Closed Thread