It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

WildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB User
Chronic Redness

About 4 months after my sack first went red the back of my thighs got sensitive. That wasn't too bad, but now I am breaking out in a very light rash all over both my torso and back (one of the reasons I am looking into detergent allergies). I've heard other posters up here mention skin issues. I'm just curious if those of us with skin issues are in the minority, or if everyone with RSS suffers from them?

Last edited by Administrator; 11-16-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User
Re: Chronic Red Burning Scrotum Thread 11

Yeah I had all my scars flar up and get red. I was very sensitive to the sun for the first 2 weeks after the first flare up. My skin is oilier probably due to the fact that my body has a reduced ability to retain water. back of the knees, around the back of the ankles and on my left forearm. Not to mention that inside my third week the hot water caused the tip of my penis to go red and striated or something, can't really describe it. Also it happened first to my ears, they got really really red and hot in the first week, flaky and severly itchy. Extra virgin organic coconut butter got me through it along with eating actual coconuts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Well, I saw my family doctor today. Man this guy is a gem. Great listener, really on top of his game. It's almost like he had RSS himself at one point because before I could say anything he was telling me to hit it with skin moisturizers.

Anyway, I told him that the one thing many of us had in common was having gone through a very stressful period in our lives right before the the symptoms first appearred. I also mentioned that amitryptilene has been know to cure RSS. Long story short, he wants me to continue the "no soap" regimen, and he is also putting me on low dose doxepin. It is in the amitryptilene family, and is a seratonin re-uptake inhibitor (like amitryptilene). One of the secondary effects of the drug is that it is also an excellent antihistamine for the skin, and a sleep aid (two things I need).

So I'll let you guys know if this works or not. I figure 30-60 days before I know for sure. I'm pretty excited about this......this guy is the first doctor I've had that didn't try to throw a tube of cortisone cream my way, or tell me it was all in my head.

Last edited by WildNorth; 11-09-2010 at 07:50 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to WildNorth For This Useful Post:
unknownally (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #4
(male)

unknownally HB User

I have also gone through a lot of stress before getting RSS.

I developed RSS before I even had sex.
STD's are out of the question for me. Vaginal fluids do seem to maximize the itch, however.

It's been so long that I don't quite remember how it all started. Not a joke, but I suffer a lot from short term memory lost.

Last edited by unknownally; 11-10-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
(male)

FX770RD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildNorth View Post
Starting a new thread on RSS. For additional information please see threads on "Chronic Red Burning Scrotum 1-10" elsewhere on this forum. Many of these threads can be viewed from the "Similar Threads" window below. 12,554 views from the last thread alone. You can't tell me this isn't becoming a widespread problem.

I'm going to start this thread with a question:

How many of you are having other skin problems, either before or after your RSS appearred?

About 4 months after my sack first went red the back of my thighs got sensitive. That wasn't too bad, but now I am breaking out in a very light rash all over both my torso and back (one of the reasons I am looking into detergent allergies). I've heard other posters up here mention skin issues. I'm just curious if those of us with skin issues are in the minority, or if everyone with RSS suffers from them?
For sure.
1) Plenty of other skin problems. Dry spots, itchiness...seems like I'm developping food allergies
2) Stress was definitely at a peak when it broke out.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

Like wise I have been stressed for months up until the point. At the culmination of this stress I traveled by plane, sat in a seat a lady with bed sores on her but from being in a wheel chair, and ate some bad fish. Also I wore some one elses wet suit 2 and a half weeks prior. But what really shifted into over load was the diarhia from the bad fish. I am 90% sure that this thing has infected my stomach. Protip: Instant brown rice, once cooked, seems to have a lot of sugar in it. I chew on it raw just to chew on something since now, after this I don't ever really feel "Full". And I am peeing all the time. What makes me feel full temporarily is raw tomatoes, raw onions and apple vinegar and raw garlic. Cooking raw brown rice seems to be good. But not instant brown rice.

I am pretty sure this is a blood fungus. I may never be able to have sex with my girlfriend ever again. Oh well. At least I didn't give her AIDS. I wish I had never come to California. I wish I never left her to find a job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX770RD View Post
For sure.
1) Plenty of other skin problems. Dry spots, itchiness...seems like I'm developping food allergies
2) Stress was definitely at a peak when it broke out.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhatDoIDo View Post
Like wise I have been stressed for months up until the point. At the culmination of this stress I traveled by plane, sat in a seat a lady with bed sores on her but from being in a wheel chair, and ate some bad fish. Also I wore some one elses wet suit 2 and a half weeks prior. But what really shifted into over load was the diarhia from the bad fish. I am 90% sure that this thing has infected my stomach. Protip: Instant brown rice, once cooked, seems to have a lot of sugar in it. I chew on it raw just to chew on something since now, after this I don't ever really feel "Full". And I am peeing all the time. What makes me feel full temporarily is raw tomatoes, raw onions and apple vinegar and raw garlic. Cooking raw brown rice seems to be good. But not instant brown rice.

I am pretty sure this is a blood fungus. I may never be able to have sex with my girlfriend ever again. Oh well. At least I didn't give her AIDS. I wish I had never come to California. I wish I never left her to find a job.

I dunno. I think there are too many variables and too many things you are worried about. I know mine isn't sexually transmitted. Bed sores are caused by pressure (from sitting or lying in a bed constantly) which in turn reduces circulation. Not transmittable. Bad fish? Might have given you food poisening or some other stomach bug, but that's about it. If you are really concerned, go get a stool culture done. It's super easy, and if you have an intestinal issue they will catch it.

I don't know if you could catch anything from wearing a wetsuit, but IMO two weeks is too long of an incubation period for a skin issue. If you wore the wetsuit a day or two before, then I would think maybe it was a possibility. Two weeks though? No way. Plus wetsuits are rented all of the time, and if it were an issue the health department would put a stop to it. Most germs can't survive the salt water.

I think you are thinking too hard, and everything is freaking you out. I have weird stuff going on too, but I decided a while ago that thinking about it and trying to put two and two together wasn't working. All the "what ifs" don't leave room for God to work in my life, and I know that's what I now have to do........plain and simple.

OK, enough rambling. Btw.....last night was the first night of good sleep in over a year for me. The Doxepin is working.

Last edited by WildNorth; 11-11-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Anyone see this in the other thread?

---------------------------------------------
Re: Relief for “Red Scrotum Syndrome”
Yes, I think I can help. I get this horrid thing from time to time. I'm pretty certain it's a deep seated fungi infection. I've tried most things like you, none of them worked and it kept coming back. Then I found an old remedy, Whitfields ointment. 6% benzoic acid and 3% salicyilic acid. Stings like hell! but apply it all over your balls and rectum area, twice a day and after about a week it clears up. After that a good coating every few days. It's the only thing I have found which works. It's difficult to get hold of, you need to find an old family type chemist shop, they may have some.
---------------------------------------------------

Also, question for you guys. Has anyone tried Monistat? It works great for vaginal yeast infections, and my wife mentioned that perhaps it was worth a try.

The Whitfields seems interesting. And wouldn't it be a kick in the nads if this was just a "deep seated fungal infection"......after all this time. I have a dermatologist appointment next week, and I am going to ask the doc if that is a possibility. I never did get a culture taken......not that a "deep" fungal infection would show up in a surface culture. I think the only way to test for that is with a biopsy. And that just isn't going to happen......not in this lifetime.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

So I have been having this feeling of being hungry no matter how much I eat but with a quick google search I found out that it might be Histamine. So I took a Claritin D 24 hour pill and it worked like gangbusters. So now I don't feel like a heroine addict or something craving for a fix I can't find. It feels so good to feel FULL again, thank God. I hope I can find a enimuh bag to do these orgenik Koffie enimuz, I really think super charging my pancreas by using coffee to loosen that ******** vein is really going to help.

Last edited by NowWhatDoIDo; 11-12-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhatDoIDo View Post
So I have been having this feeling of being hungry no matter how much I eat but with a quick google search I found out that it might be Histamine. So I took a Claritin D 24 hour pill and it worked like gangbusters. So now I don't feel like a heroine addict or something craving for a fix I can't find. It feels so good to feel FULL again, thank God. I hope I can find a enimuh bag to do these orgenik Koffie enimuz, I really think super charging my pancreas by using coffee to loosen that ******** vein is really going to help.

Hmmm, I'm no doctor, but I believe histamines can also make your skin red, which is why you take anti-histamine for an allergic skin reaction.

Hmmmm....very , very interesting.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #11
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

I thought the same thing but so far the light red state that I have gotten to hasn't gone away. The severe itching goes away almost completely as long as I don't eat sugar and the redness is lessened as well. We'll see if the Claritin D finishes the job. I doubt it though since many other symptons and evedince lead me to believe that this thing is in my blood and not topical. I really think that once I get the enimuh bagh that the kophie enimuh and the orgenik rrahw vejitible diet will clear this up in 3 months if I stick to it. After that it's going to be a matter of strengthening my stomach and intestinal lining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildNorth View Post
Hmmm, I'm no doctor, but I believe histamines can also make your skin red, which is why you take anti-histamine for an allergic skin reaction.

Hmmmm....very , very interesting.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Went in to see a dermatologist yesterday. Nice guy. He had heard of RSS before, but I was his first RSS patient.

After examining me, and taking a culture (negative) he said he believes the problem is neurologic. To credit his theory, I have had unexplainabe tailbone pain for the last couple of years and he believes I have damaged a nerve somewhere in my pelvic floor and the RSS is a result of the nerve damage. He perscribed me doxepin cream ( I am taking doxepin orally as well for mild depression) which is supposed to help with nerve pain, as well as being a good topical antihistamine. If this doen't work I'm done chasing doctors for this problem.

My hopes aren't very high......we shall see.

Last edited by WildNorth; 11-19-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
(male)

FX770RD HB User

Just a quick update:
I'm still waiting on the biopsy result. I don't expect they'll find anything.

I've had a good week, there are times where it almost looks like it used to, but once it warms up, it turns red.
I've been on the candida diet for 5-6 weeks and I have been religiously following it. I have not touched caffeine or sugars the entire time and I'm slowly getting better. I just started diflucan which is an oral anti fungal to see if I can finish off the yeast in my body.
The other poster that said he was avoiding sugar should look up Candida yeast...and possibly avoid caffeine also.

Will I get better with this? No idea but I am making slow progress!
I'd also like to point out that I almost never feel the burning anymore. The skin seems tougher despite being red. Will I relapse the moment I have bread, icecream, a potato? I have no idea.

btw this Candida diet is pretty tough to follow. In 2 months, I've lost about 20-25 lbs simply because there are no fatty foods on the diet!

Last edited by FX770RD; 11-20-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
(male)

NowWhatDoIDo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX770RD View Post
btw this Candida diet is pretty tough to follow. In 2 months, I've lost about 20-25 lbs simply because there are no fatty foods on the diet!
3 things.

1. I went on the Candida Diet at after a month got really cold all over and numb in my extremities. I think I have suffered permanent never damage because my pointer finger under my nails don't feel the same anymore. I think Molybdenum and Selenium suppliments have helped. Eggs, Legumes and a suppliment might prevent nerve damage from vitamin deficincies from the Candida Diet which would cause the nerve damage.

2. Find a support group of some kind. Stress is the root cause here and it's undeniable at this point. We need to find healthy coping mechanisms for stress to calm down the adrenaline production in our bodies. AA meetings, 12 step programs, joining the choir, 3 back massages a day, WHATEVER.

3. Go online, either at Netflixdotcom or youtubedotcom and find a documentary called T-H-E-_-B-_E-A-U-T-F-U-L-__-T-R-U-T-H-. I have put it spaced out like that because if certain companies find a reference to this movie on a health board they will flood the board with misinformation.

I am certain that this RSS is a fungus that interacts with a simplex of herpes that is usually benign and it explodes with stress.

Last edited by NowWhatDoIDo; 11-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Dang! This Doxepin cream freakin BURNS! I don't know if I should continue the whole week my derm wants me on it or not. This burning CAN'T be good.

Closed Thread