It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
(male)

Scroto HB User
Question Chronic Itchy Scrotum & Inner Thighs only symptoms

For about 23 years now I have been suffering from Chronic Itchy Scrotum & itching in muscles of Inner thighs are my only symptoms.

Background:
On June 6th 1987 around 3pm I went with a friend to a public pool. I unfortunately had gotten diarrhea from my lunch so I was frequently back and forth to the restroom. The toilets were not clean and I tried placing toilet paper over the seat to sit on.

I woke up the next morning with a terrible itching in my scrotum. That was the only symptom. It covered the whole scrotum but was/is worst on the sides where the scrotum and penis are attached which would also be the hottest area prone to sweating. Later on as it got severe it also seemed to have moved to the muscles of the inner thighs. The last time I had unprotected sex was over seven months prior to the start of the issue.

It is subcutaneous and almost seems to me as though it is a nerve problem and every firing of the nerve endings produces an itch sensation. The itch gets so intense sometimes that scratching literally brings so much relief it is almost like having an orgasm. There is redness, but no boils, no pain, no discharge of any kind, no foul smells. Itching is the only issue. I ma not sexually active and haven't been since all this started.

I have noticed that some things seriously aggravate the condition including chlorine from swimming pools and the wet wipes type products even the medicated kind. Ironically, the itching is worst when I am sweaty.

Treatments
I have been diagnosed with a yeast infection by four or five different doctors over the years. They prescribed anti-fungal creams. One of the prescriptions actually brought it under control so it wasn't so overwhelming but nothing has cured it completely, It never goes away.

I wear boxer shorts and keep myself as clean and dry as is possible given I am disabled and in a sitting position most of the day.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

WildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB UserWildNorth HB User
Re: Chronic Itchy Scrotum & Inner Thighs only symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroto View Post
I am disabled and in a sitting position most of the day.
This was what caught my eye.

My guess would be that it is a nerve problem. I have chronic tailbone pain from too much sitting, and guess what has accompanied it? Yep, chronic red itchy scrotum. My guess is that it is a pudendal nerve issue. That said, there are many threads on this forum regarding problems with a red itchy burning scrotum. The latest can be found here:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=822303

Old 03-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
(male)

arauca HB User
Re: Chronic Itchy Scrotum & Inner Thighs only symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroto View Post
For about 23 years now I have been suffering from Chronic Itchy Scrotum & itching in muscles of Inner thighs are my only symptoms.

Background:
On June 6th 1987 around 3pm I went with a friend to a public pool. I unfortunately had gotten diarrhea from my lunch so I was frequently back and forth to the restroom. The toilets were not clean and I tried placing toilet paper over the seat to sit on.

I woke up the next morning with a terrible itching in my scrotum. That was the only symptom. It covered the whole scrotum but was/is worst on the sides where the scrotum and penis are attached which would also be the hottest area prone to sweating. Later on as it got severe it also seemed to have moved to the muscles of the inner thighs. The last time I had unprotected sex was over seven months prior to the start of the issue.

It is subcutaneous and almost seems to me as though it is a nerve problem and every firing of the nerve endings produces an itch sensation. The itch gets so intense sometimes that scratching literally brings so much relief it is almost like having an orgasm. There is redness, but no boils, no pain, no discharge of any kind, no foul smells. Itching is the only issue. I ma not sexually active and haven't been since all this started.

I have noticed that some things seriously aggravate the condition including chlorine from swimming pools and the wet wipes type products even the medicated kind. Ironically, the itching is worst when I am sweaty.

Treatments
I have been diagnosed with a yeast infection by four or five different doctors over the years. They prescribed anti-fungal creams. One of the prescriptions actually brought it under control so it wasn't so overwhelming but nothing has cured it completely, It never goes away.

I wear boxer shorts and keep myself as clean and dry as is possible given I am disabled and in a sitting position most of the day.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread